IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ExaGrid EX OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ExaGrid EX is #4 ranked solution in top Disk Based Backup Systems. PeerSpot users give ExaGrid EX an average rating of 10 out of 10. ExaGrid EX is most commonly compared to HPE StoreOnce: ExaGrid EX vs HPE StoreOnce. ExaGrid EX is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Disk Based Backup Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is ExaGrid EX?

ExaGrid's disk backup with deduplication system is purpose-built for backup that leverages an architecture optimized for scalability, performance, and price. The system scales as needed by adding ExaGrid appliances, which virtualize into a GRID architecture automatically, adding capacity and processing power while acting and being managed as one unified system.

ExaGrid disk-based backup appliances include GRID computing software, which virtualizes them into a single pool of long-term capacity. Capacity load balancing of all data across servers is automatic, and multiple GRID systems can be combined for a total logical backup capacity of 16PB.

ExaGrid EX Customers

7-Eleven, ABC, ACNB Bank, Admiration Foods, Aeroflex, AGH, Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, Alberta Motor Association, Allegro MicroSystems, American Standard, Ameris Bank, Arch Reinsurance Ltd., Arthritis Foundation

ExaGrid EX Video

Archived ExaGrid EX Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user405018 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technology Sales Director at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

Post process dedup Landing zone/retention zone architecture Veeam Data Mover service may run on ExaGrid appliance Instant VM restore from an image in landing zone Scale-out

How has it helped my organization?

Shorter backup/restore windows let us use our backup servers more efficiently. Our tech guys spend half the effort (time) compared to before. We don't need to migrate data each time when we upgrade our controller, because the system will scale-out.

What needs improvement?

Basically nothing at all. ExaGrid works flawlessly.

One and a half years.
Disk Based Backup Systems
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ExaGrid, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Disk Based Backup Systems. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Very easy deployment, plug and play. When you add another node to the grid, you don't have to do anything.

No stability problems encountered.

Scalability is one of the strengths of ExaGrid. You can go up to 25 nodes without any problem.

Customer Service: Eight out of 10. Technical Support: Nine out of 10. We had a direct technical contact.

EMC Data Domain. It's so slow and can't scale-out.

Not at all, just plug and play.

We use our own resources.

Backup and restore processes are much shorter now, and we don't need forklift upgrades every three to four years. Easy to scale-out by adding another node. Also 100% Veeam compatibility.

The price may be a concern for SME customers. Enterprise customers would pay to achieve high performance and scalability that EMC Data Domain can't provide.

Yes, EMC Data Domain, HPE StoreOnce.

What other advice do I have?

ExaGrid is a definite purchase.
Download our free Disk Based Backup Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about ExaGrid, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and more!
Updated: June 2022