IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Dell PowerEdge XE Servers OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dell PowerEdge XE Servers is #10 ranked solution in top Rack Servers. PeerSpot users give Dell PowerEdge XE Servers an average rating of 8 out of 10. Dell PowerEdge XE Servers is most commonly compared to Dell XR2 Rugged Server: Dell PowerEdge XE Servers vs Dell XR2 Rugged Server. Dell PowerEdge XE Servers is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 14% of all views.

Download the Rack Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Dell PowerEdge XE Servers?

Our newest addition to the Dell EMC PowerEdge family, PowerEdge XE servers are purpose-built for complex, harsh and compute-intensive workloads.

Dell PowerEdge XE Servers was previously known as PowerEdge XE Servers.

Dell PowerEdge XE Servers Customers
Epsilon, ROZETTA CORP, JIGUANG, RACKSPACE, NEW BELGIUM BREWING
Dell PowerEdge XE Servers Video

Dell PowerEdge XE Servers Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Dell PowerEdge XE Servers pricing:
  • "If you want an SLA for parts and equipment then you need to purchase a support agreement."
  • "There are different types of licensing available, that works well for customers. The product is not very much to purchase."
  • "This solution is priced very reasonably."
  • Dell PowerEdge XE Servers Reviews

Shehan Attapattu - PeerSpot reviewer
    head of presales at a integrator with 11-50 employees
    Large storage capacity, feature-rich, reliable, and the support is good
    • "The most valuable feature is that it can support up to 32 drives of internal storage."
    • "I would like to have support for performing a detailed analysis of the server from a mobile device."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and the Dell EMC PowerEdge XE Server is one of the products that we implement for our clients. Our customers use it as a server in their network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it can support up to 32 drives of internal storage. This is a very large capacity for a single server and a key advantage for this product. Support is very good from Dell. The compatibility of the controller is one of the main advantages. It is a secure platform and has a number of unique features. These servers can implement a virtualization platform, so they don't need to utilize their internal storage. Integrating with other vendors is easy. Using the direct management interface, you can integrate with many other platforms.

What needs improvement?

We have been implementing Dell EMC PowerEdge XE Servers for more than three years.
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Dell Technologies, Lenovo, IBM and others in Rack Servers. Updated: June 2022.
    610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a very stable product. We have implemented more than 60 servers over the past three years and we have not come across any issues with stability. It is a very reliable server.

This is a really scalable server. We normally configure it with three terabytes, but you can get larger storage or add more internal drives. You can also scale up in terms of the number of CPU cores. We have more than 20 customers.

Technical support from Dell is very good.

Several years ago when I was with another company, I worked with various HPE solutions including the ProLiant DL Servers and BladeSystem. With respect to BladeSystem, HPE is dominating in Sri Lanka.

The initial setup is straightforward because all of the tools are available with the servers. We have deployed the enterprise version and it can also be done remotely, where we don't need to attend the site. We can deploy in less than an hour, including everything.

We are system implementors and our in-house team handles deployment and maintenance. We have 12 engineers who are certified on this product.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Senior Field Application Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Flexible, different license types available, and scalable
    • "The solution is flexible in my experience."
    • "In future releases, there should be more support options for the latest processor."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a software as a service host, for high-performance computing and general-purpose servers.

What is most valuable?

The solution is flexible in my experience.

What needs improvement?

In future releases, there should be more support options for the latest processor. The company might already be doing this but this is what I would like to see.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The scalability is good. Over 5,000 users are using the product.

The support is reasonably good, Dell is known for good support.

Installation is easy, it does not take a lot of time. It comes preconfigured and assembled, all you need to do is push the new one into the existing rack and power it on. There is little you have to do.

Not a lot of people are required for the deployment because it is all plug and play.
    You configure your operating system and start using your application.

What other advice do I have?

The solution has almost everything. There is nothing currently that stands out that needs improvements at this time. The standard improvements will be made, easing of maintenance, increase the usability etc.

I rate Dell EMC PowerEdge XE Servers an eight out of ten.

June 2022
    610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Solution Architect at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    It helps users have a lot of capacity in a smaller rack space

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily used for Hadoop, like a data warehouse kind of solution, and for backup servers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of these servers is the ability to store a lot—the capacity and the number of hard disk drives.

I have been working with XE Servers for three years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

This solution has brought us a return on investment. It can store a lot of hard disks, which helps users to have a lot of capacity in smaller rack space.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Dell EMC PowerEdge XE Servers a nine out of ten. This is because I have seen a lot of good features, but I guess it's not up to a ten yet.

Reza Ahmed Tuhin - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manager, Enterprise Solution Business at Smart Technologies
    Reasonably priced with excellent trusted platform module

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the trusted platform module.

What needs improvement?

The quality and reliability could be improved.

I've been using this solution for thirteen or fourteen years.

PowerEdge XE is quite stable.

This solution is definitely scalable.

Dell's technical support is quite good.

The initial setup is quite easy.

This solution is priced very reasonably.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate this solution eight out of ten.

Download our free Rack Servers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell Technologies, Lenovo, IBM, and more!
    Updated: June 2022