IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Cynet OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cynet is #1 ranked solution in top User Behavior Analytics - UEBA tools and #4 ranked solution in XDR Security products. PeerSpot users give Cynet an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Cynet is most commonly compared to SentinelOne: Cynet vs SentinelOne. Cynet is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 47% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
Cynet Buyer's Guide

Download the Cynet Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Cynet?

Cynet has pioneered the security industry’s first all-in-one security platform purposely built for organizations that need the ability to effortlessly identify, block and respond to all types of attacks inside the perimeter - defending endpoints, network, files and users - without the heavy burden of deep cyber expertise and the overhead of integrating and managing multiple products. Our approach converges and brings synergy with technology: endpoint protection, EDR, vulnerability management, deception, threat intelligence and network and end-user analytics, and expertise: a 24/7 cyber SWAT team for incident response, malware analysis, threat hunting and forensics. Cynet deploys in hours and simplifies management with automated monitoring to complement any sized staff.

Cynet Consists Of:

• Next-generation AV (NGAV)
  • Endpoint Detection Response (EDR)
  • UBA Rules
  • Network Detection Rules
  • Intelligent Deception

With Cynet You Can:

• Consolidate network and endpoint protection in one central place
  • Protect against a very wide range of attacks, including common attacks as well as complex multi-layered attacks
  • Have access to a team of world-class cybersecurity experts available around the clock that complements whatever expertise you have in place

Cynet Supports:

4. Hybrid mode

Cynet Benefits and Features:

• Advanced threat detection
  • Incident response capabilities
  • Extended detection and response(XDR)
  • Managed detection and response (MDR)
  • Response automation
  • Network-specific playbook
  • Multi-layer protection
  • Alerts delivered to a single point for visibility
  • In-house SOC for clientele

Features Users Find Most Valuable:

• IT hygiene: By scanning assets, including endpoints, users, files, and network traffic to render a dashboard of security issues, Cynet is able to quickly map an entire IT infrastructure.
  • Prevention: Various prevention capabilities include UBA, deception, and traditional endpoint protection.
  • Detection: This includes traditional endpoint security, EDR, UBA, deception and network analytics, which helps detect malicious behavior, ransomware, exploitation, user login anomalies, DNS tunneling, and much more.
  • Vulnerability management: Cynet can find Windows vulnerabilities, unauthorized and outdated applications, and security policy violations.
  • Response: Cynet includes various analyses, response and remediation capabilities, across endpoints, files, users and networks.
  • Automated response: Users can create an automatic remediation rule for each alert Cynet creates, which helps improve the incident response process and can prevent a real-time threat.
  • 24/7 Support: For no additional cost, Cynet includes CyOp, a 24/7 operations team available to you at all times.

Reviews from Real Users

“I have found the continued support and pretty much all the features to be valuable. They all stand out as being positive. It continues to detect unusual activity when it's supposed to, and so far we haven't had any issues.” - Ken S., Director InfoSec and Audit at a manufacturing company

"The feature that I have found most valuable is that the configuration and the usage of the product are not so complicated. For people responsible for using this infrastructure for the first line of workstation monitoring, it's quite easy to use." - Senior Cyber Security Manager at a financial services firm

"The dashboard is beautiful, overall ease of use, and the UBA and NBA features are valued." - Harsh P., Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst at Vincacyber

Cynet Customers

Meuhedet, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center

Cynet Video

Archived Cynet Reviews (more than two years old)

Rajesh Gawde - PeerSpot reviewer
Head Delivery & Co-founder at Vincacyber
A feature-rich, all in one security solution with good technical support
  • "We are using almost all of the features and we find it quite good overall."
  • "I would like to see support for mobile protection and some additional reports included."

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators for Cynet and we also use this solution ourselves.

What is most valuable?

We are using almost all of the features and we find it quite good overall.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Cynet for about seven months.

Cynet
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Cynet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
621,703 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This product is quite stable.

This is a scalable solution.

The technical support has been excellent. We provide support to our customers and we get support directly from the vendor.

The initial setup is quite easy compared to other products.

Everything is included in this one solution and the pricing is pretty competitive.

What other advice do I have?

Nobody else offers you emergency management or video analysis, and there is a roadmap of features that are coming soon.

This is one of the best technologies that we have had available in many years and it is a solution that I recommend. It is an antivirus solution but it is much more than that.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

ShreekumarNair - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Executive Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up and use, good customer support, and can be managed from mobile devices
  • "This solution requires less management and is very easy to use."
  • "A support center in Asia is needed."

What is our primary use case?

We are a technical services company and we provide this solution to our customers, as well as use it ourselves.

Cynet is a breach protection platform.

What is most valuable?

This solution requires less management and is very easy to use.

Cynet can be controlled from a mobile device such as an iPad or an iPhone.

What needs improvement?

They need to create an Android app to support more mobile devices.

A support center in Asia is needed.

I have been working with Cynet for the past eight months.

This solution is very much stable. The product is very mature and we have not seen any bugs.

Scalability is very good. Our clients who use Cynet are medium-sized and enterprise-level businesses.

The customer support is good, although they should have a center for support available in Asia.

I have worked with many other solutions including McAfee, Symantec, CrowdStrike, Cylance, and solutions from Microsoft.

Our clients choose Cynet because it is both simple to use and comprehensive. It's a complete solution and you don't have to buy anything else.

The initial setup is extremely easy. It is better than any product on the market.

It will take a few hours to deploy to a huge team of 10,000 to 15,000 people.

We deployed this solution in-house and one person is enough for the task.

We have not more than ten people who maintain this solution. Some of them control it using mobile apps.

It gives you a high level of protection at a very good price.

What other advice do I have?

This is a brilliant solution. I recommend it and my advice is simply to go ahead and implement it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Cynet
August 2022
621,703 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CEO with 201-500 employees
Unique graphical user interface that is different from the others on the market
  • "The feature I find most valuable, is the reality graphical user interface."
  • "I think the technical support could be better."

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the reality graphical user interface, which I think is really different from the others on the market. I also like the audit function that is included in the standard version.

What needs improvement?

Something that needs to improve is the mobile support and support for work tablet equipment. The technical support from Cynet could also be better.

I've been using Cynet for about eight months now.

I think Cynet is a stable solution. So far I didn't have any problems or issues with stability. I haven't had a possibility to check how fast Cynet can crack on a new epic selector on the market, so I do not know how quickly the solution can develop a new version.

I haven't tried to scale, so I am not sure if it is a scalable solution.

I think the technical support could be better. When I contacted them, I had to wait a week before getting an answer.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others about this solution will depend on the type of customer. Small customers don't care about whatever system they use, so my advice would be to undertake it under the control of the Cynet site because it's not necessary to adapt their own security teams who take care about security. When it comes to the efficiency of the system, we can have only one system and be more efficient not having to care about training others for security. So it seems to me that Cynet is really good enough for many customers.

In the next version, I would like to see more support for mobile equipment. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Cynet a seven.

Download our free Cynet Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022