Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Cynet OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cynet is #1 ranked solution in top User Behavior Analytics - UEBA tools, #3 ranked solution in top Network Detection and Response (NDR) tools, #5 ranked solution in XDR Security products, #8 ranked solution in EDR tools, and #16 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Cynet an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Cynet is most commonly compared to SentinelOne: Cynet vs SentinelOne. Cynet is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 45% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
Cynet Buyer's Guide

Download the Cynet Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Cynet?

Cynet has pioneered the security industry’s first all-in-one security platform purposely built for organizations that need the ability to effortlessly identify, block and respond to all types of attacks inside the perimeter - defending endpoints, network, files and users - without the heavy burden of deep cyber expertise and the overhead of integrating and managing multiple products. Our approach converges and brings synergy with technology: endpoint protection, EDR, vulnerability management, deception, threat intelligence and network and end-user analytics, and expertise: a 24/7 cyber SWAT team for incident response, malware analysis, threat hunting and forensics. Cynet deploys in hours and simplifies management with automated monitoring to complement any sized staff.

Cynet Consists Of:

• Next-generation AV (NGAV)
  • Endpoint Protection (EPP)

• Endpoint Detection Response (EDR)
  • NDR

• MDR

• UBA Rules
  • Network Detection Rules
  • Intelligent Deception

With Cynet You Can:

• Consolidate network and endpoint protection in one central place
  • Protect against a very wide range of attacks, including common attacks as well as complex multi-layered attacks
  • Have access to a team of world-class cybersecurity experts available around the clock that complements whatever expertise you have in place

Cynet Supports:

4. Hybrid mode

Cynet Benefits and Features:

• Advanced threat detection
  • Incident response capabilities
  • Extended detection and response(XDR)
  • Managed detection and response (MDR)
  • Response automation
  • Network-specific playbook
  • Multi-layer protection
  • Alerts delivered to a single point for visibility
  • In-house SOC for clientele

Features Users Find Most Valuable:

• IT hygiene: By scanning assets, including endpoints, users, files, and network traffic to render a dashboard of security issues, Cynet is able to quickly map an entire IT infrastructure.
  • Prevention: Various prevention capabilities include UBA, deception, and traditional endpoint protection.
  • Detection: This includes traditional endpoint security, EDR, UBA, deception and network analytics, which helps detect malicious behavior, ransomware, exploitation, user login anomalies, DNS tunneling, and much more.
  • Vulnerability management: Cynet can find Windows vulnerabilities, unauthorized and outdated applications, and security policy violations.
  • Response: Cynet includes various analyses, response and remediation capabilities, across endpoints, files, users and networks.
  • Automated response: Users can create an automatic remediation rule for each alert Cynet creates, which helps improve the incident response process and can prevent a real-time threat.
  • 24/7 Support: For no additional cost, Cynet includes CyOp, a 24/7 operations team available to you at all times.

Reviews from Real Users

“I have found the continued support and pretty much all the features to be valuable. They all stand out as being positive. It continues to detect unusual activity when it's supposed to, and so far we haven't had any issues.” - Ken S., Director InfoSec and Audit at a manufacturing company

"The feature that I have found most valuable is that the configuration and the usage of the product are not so complicated. For people responsible for using this infrastructure for the first line of workstation monitoring, it's quite easy to use." - Senior Cyber Security Manager at a financial services firm

"The dashboard is beautiful, overall ease of use, and the UBA and NBA features are valued." - Harsh P., Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst at Vincacyber

Cynet Customers

Meuhedet, East Boston Neighborhood Health Center

Cynet Video

Cynet Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cynet pricing:
  • "The price is very competitive."
  • "The pricing was good."
  • "It costs us 20,000 to 28,000 per year."
  • "It costs 18,000 per year, but we have the whole package with not only Cynet but also the Perception Point for emails. There are also some small security courses for our users."
  • Cynet Reviews

Chief Technology Officer at a tech company with 201-500 employees
    A complete, transparent, and centralized solution
    • "It's transparent, so it's not something where every user has to press a button to download or do the thing. It is centralized, in fact. Personally, I use Malwarebytes and other tools, which are fine for home use. Cynet is also relatively silent in terms of operation, except when it's required to act."
    • "The inability to add contact information inside the Cynet is also an issue because it makes things more complicated. I would like to have a simple feature to enter a contact name and number for the person taking care of that unit or that server."

What is our primary use case?

My company is using Cynet for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Cynet, we didn't have a good centralized solution. We had disparate solutions from different manufacturers, so we needed a system that would keep everybody on the same platform.

What is most valuable?

It's transparent, so it's not something where every user has to press a button to download or do the thing. It is centralized, in fact. Personally, I use Malwarebytes and other tools, which are fine for home use. Cynet is also relatively silent in terms of operation, except when it's required to act. Another advantage is the way it segregates the data. We had the opportunity to test their deception feature, and it works.

What needs improvement?

Cynet gives a few false positives. It would also be nice if Cynet added the ability to put comments on each device. I would love to be able to say, "This is a computer in the conference room. This is a computer at the Mac desk." That way, when you have an alarm, you don't have to go to a separate registry to see which device has an alert. We have offices worldwide, so sometimes having an alert inside one building is fine, but sometimes we don't know if it's coming into our office in Morocco or the US.

The inability to add contact information inside the Cynet is also an issue because it makes things more complicated. I would like to have a simple feature to enter a contact name and number for the person taking care of that unit or that server. Then I would know who has access to that server registry and so on. But, on the other hand, I understand why they have not done that because they don't want to ask for private information on who is using what and what phone number.

I can see both sides. I trust Cynet, so I don't have a problem sharing that information. However, some customers may have an issue. At the end of the day, it would be a field that the customer can choose to fill or not. So if there were one feature that I would like to improve, this would be at the top of the list.

I'd like to be able to personalize the device labels so I can say, "This is the IT desk in our Montreal office. This is the IT desk in Saint-Laurent. Patrick is a salesman in Toronto who has had his computer attacked." When it's giving a warning, it isn't always providing notice to the user because it lets us decide whether it's a threat or not. So when it solves a problem automatically, I don't have to call.

But some users are sensitive. And at the very least, we need to advise them that one of their files has been encrypted because the security software thought it might be a threat. So I think it's a valid request there, which will not take a long time. I mean, Cynet is already maintaining a database of the unit. So it's just setting a field that the IT can decide to use or not use. So it's a simple implementation of a modification as they had.

Another disadvantage I have found so far is the platform has to be based on a desktop PC or server. It does not deploy on a mobile unit, like a cell phone or something like this. But for our primary requirements, it is doing the job.

Cynet
    October 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Cynet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2022.
    635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I haven't been using Cynet for very long, only about five months.

So far, Cynet has been stable. There have been few errors.

I am not concerned about scalability for the moment because we are already deploying the solution countrywide to telecom companies and offering it to 250,000 telecom resellers. We will probably respond to some RFPs in the United States as well. When we initially approached Cynet. It was at the request of a major Canadian law enforcement agency. We also provide security for various government ministers.

So I've spoken often to the personnel at high-level Canadian public safety agencies. We've gotten some good feedback about Cynet from them. I cannot go into detail, but we provide a specialized solution for public safety and can deploy Cynet in that unit. So we got a great reference from them. Not a lot of software companies can get a recommendation from a national law enforcement agency. But, of course, it was only an informal recommendation, not an official endorsement. They tried different solutions. I'm sure they are not exclusively using Cynet, or they may not be using it anymore. I have no idea.

We have a team that specializes in public safety. The director of this Canadian law enforcement agency can give a special designation to our team that grants us access to privileged information in a case where the investigation is ongoing. I would not say our team is made up of cybersecurity experts, but we provide cybersecurity and cybersecurity video solutions. That's not cybersecurity. We offer live video services over any IP network. So we have some specialized solutions. We developed a platform. And for telecom, we deploy platforms that are big enough to serve a quarter-million users per year for some companies or resellers.

On top of that, we provide about 400 million SIM cards every year. Some of the SIM cards that we manufacture have some interesting features, especially for public safety. For example, the SIM card, not the phone, will recognize the user's video. So the SIM card access or the biometric will verify if the person is an authorized user. If they are an authorized user, they will gain access to secure applications inside the phone. That's why we have some issues with mobility because we sell a lot of SIMs in the mobility field.

Support is one of the reasons we chose Cynet. We were looking for a solution that would help us get our cybersecurity certification in Canada, and there are a lot of solutions on the market. To get a certificate, we have to have a contingency plan for when we are attacked, and our internal experts can't deal with it. So we have to know what to do and who we'll call when this happens. A subscription to Cynet ensures that a CSO-certified actor will intervene in an emergency. So Cynet has an excellent solution from a technical standpoint, but they also have a great support system that extends to the attack itself.

The complexity of Cynet's installation is average. There might not be an easier way to deploy the solution because we are incredibly paranoid, so we don't have a centralized way to install the software. Technically, we have to install it unit by unit on PC, so that's slow. You have to go there. And sometimes, it's behaving erratically when you set it up. So if I restart the installation three times on my PC, I may get three different questions at the setup time. So it could be improved.

Once you have done this and everything works, it's one of the easiest installs. Each instance takes about a minute to install when it works. So you install the software, and after that, it automatically updates itself. It does everything by itself. And it does not ask you difficult questions. It only asks you to install it in administrative mode, which is a pretty common request for security software. The only issue is that, from time to time, you technically have a USB key trying to install the software, and it's trying to scan every user's PC around there. And every time it scans, it cannot access the other computer because we have security sync. So you need to restart two or three times. Eventually, it goes through and works nicely. So if it resolved that glitch, it would be the easiest software in the world to install.

One criticism is that the online documentation does not detail too much. Maybe I was just unable to find what I was looking for, or Cynet isn't trying to give too much information to anybody other than those doing the deployment. But aside from the hangups you encounter from time to time, it's an easy software to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Cynet eight out of 10. It's decent. It could be improved, but it's a complete solution for us, and they provide excellent technical support, which is a critical requirement for us. I can offer one piece of advice to Cynet that no one else will give them. Our company is based in Canada, but it sells to telecom providers worldwide. We have customers in Western Africa and North Africa where there is a potential market for Cynet. The only problem is that Cynet is known as an Israeli solution. Personally, I have no issues with the high-quality Israeli product, but some of our customers are sensitive in those markets. Suppose we had a separate version that is white label or branded for another market. In that case, we probably could sell a lot of Cynet software there because we have a unique connection with the telecom providers.

We are already on their list of certified solutions, and we provide about 400 million telecom security solutions in that market. So this is where we are and again. We are happy with the Cynet. We probably could sell a lot — I'm talking tens or even hundreds of thousands of seats — but some of our customers are extremely sensitive. On the one hand, they appreciate the Israeli solution, but on the other, they have to respond to public pressure.

George E Jones Jr CISM CRISC CISSP - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director of Cyber Security Services at ASSURED ENTERPRISES
    Great support, easy to set up, and perfect for both small and large teams
    • "The initial setup is very fast and very easy."
    • "They have some things in the pipeline, we understand, and they're going to be able to support Android and all these other devices soon. The key is the devices - which is an aspect that is lacking right now. Every company has that problem, not just Cynet."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is typically installed on endpoints. It offers many use cases. This is the great thing about this solution. We're focused on helping large enterprise systems or larger enterprise organizations that have a small support staff - and small support staff is the common denominator across both of these organizations out here now. Large or small, Cynet provides a lot of capabilities that reduce the need for full-time employees, if you don't have the bandwidth for them.

How has it helped my organization?

Cynet has its alerts out right away to warn clients of dangers. This happened, for example, when there was a big problem with Microsoft. They issued alerts right away so that I could know what's going on and have time to alert my customers.

What is most valuable?

The ability to work with small teams and provide value is its most valuable aspect. They provide so many different value propositions. There are a lot of different things that users can take advantage of.

The support is phenomenal. The global coverage also is great. You have total peace of mind.

The initial setup is very fast and very easy.

The stability has been good.

=========================================================

I have been asked to expound on my comment.

In this one solution, your endpoint protection not only includes nextgen anti-virus, but the inclusion of User and Enity Behavioral Analysis and Deception tactics IN THE SAME SOLUTION with automated remediation are just 4 value propositions for any size team responsible for information security policy enforcement.

What needs improvement?

I haven't had the solution for that long. So far, I haven't run into issues. I've been very happy with it.

It's my understanding that they're coming out with different additional features that cover different endpoints. These things all take time, so I'm ecstatic with what they have out right now, for what it's able to provide protection. That said, we actually have protection prevention solutions also, however, with Cynet, we augment these. We're the inside, they're the outside. They're outside on the global scale, watching what attackers are doing, and we're inside trying to plug up cybersecurity holes and known vulnerabilities in applications within our customer's IT ecosystems. So far, it's working well.

They have some things in the pipeline, we understand, and they're going to be able to support Android and all these other devices soon. The key is the devices - which is an aspect that is lacking right now. Every company has that problem, not just Cynet.

That said, you can't really say, "I wish they'd do this" or "I wish they'd do that." No, they need to keep doing what they're doing and helping me fend off these attacks. It's not about what else they could do, as we don't know what the attackers have planned until they strike.

I've been using the solution for three months at this point.

So far, the solution is very stable. From the reviews and information we've seen, everyone is happy with its capabilities. And, it gives us insights into other solutions as well. We get to know what to expect.

The scalability is great. We were able to onboard 5,000 devices in an hour. It's highly scalable and can scale fast. I haven't personally experienced any limitations.

Technical support is excellent. I'd rate them at a ten out of ten. I have no reason not to. They are helpful and responsive and we are quite satisfied with the level of service we get.

We did not previously use another solution.

The initial setup is phenomenal. We did 5,000 devices in one hour. Everything was up and registered within 24, however, technically after eight hours, you're done. It's up and working right away.

Each implementation, of course, is different. Your customers have their own unique situations. You have to cater to your customer. That's what we do. We tailor it to our customers' needs after providing some kind of a cybersecurity assessment and a cybersecurity score. Then we design for them what their risks are and how Cynet and our company can help mitigate those challenges. Each client is customized. No two customers are alike.

While clients have seen an ROI, I do not have exact data points that I can share.

We are happy with the licensing. We're able to give out customers a solution at a price point that's very attractive to them and to us. That's without question, compared to some of these prices that we are understanding that some of these competitors are charging. That information is out there too. Software.com, for example, talks about that.

There are no extra costs above the actual licensing fees.

We did evaluate other solutions first.

You can't get the protection you used to get from antivirus and signature-based solutions. That doesn't work. Now we have to look inside the actual utilities or solutions that are being used in an attack. Most of them are the normal Windows functions that come with every Windows installation. However, you're seeing these solutions that can go and check all the applications you have running on your network to see what kind of known vulnerabilities they have, and we can alert you and mitigate them.

Cynet does the same thing from the outside when it detects a problem. Not only does it detect it, but it also mitigates it, and then it tells you exactly what happened before you even need to worry about it. We're ecstatic over here with Cynet. It was the right choice.

If potential users are curious about Cynet and other solutions, the MITRE report gives out all the information you need. Solutions such as VMware and Carbon Black simply don't compare to Cynet.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers of Cynet. We deploy the solution in various manners.

We're learning something new every day. That's why every solution, every organization has to have customized plans, policies, procedures, et cetera, for cybersecurity. It has to be customized. You can't just roll out, stamp it and everybody does the same thing. YOu won't be safe.

My advice for every organization around cybersecurity is just to make sure you understand your requirements. There's a lot of solutions out there. Cynet may not be the one based on your requirements. You need to do the research.

The clients are surprised at the coverage and the peace of mind they get where they don't have to worry about certain things. The teams that we are working with are starting to learn new stuff from working with Cynet - including the new ways that the average attackers are trying to attack. There's skill transferring. There's learning potential. It's been very helpful to teams that are struggling with having in-house talent well versed in these matters.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. I'm only three months in with it, however, the value proposition of Cynet can't be matched.

Cynet
    October 2022
    635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Head of Operations at Investrust Bank Plc
    Great dashboard with good visibility and a simple initial setup process
    • "The visibility it gives is excellent."
    • "I'd like to see more data loss prevention within the product."

What is our primary use case?

Cynet is an AutoXDR, and our customers are using it for that. Using one license, end users get all the features to protect the endpoint. The features include NTA, UBA, NGAV, EDR, and MDR, among others.

It's at present divided up into: Protector (Prevention, Detection & Operation); Responder (Automated Investigation & Response) and Correlator (Log Management & Event Correlation) and 24/7 MDR. I'm seeing the Correlator as a move towards offering SIEM capability.

How has it helped my organization?

We're currently resellers. However, I've worked with the product before. One of the main benefits of Cynet is the level of visibility it gives, as well as the level of detail it provides. It's like it has eyes all round to see everything happening to the endpoint. A registry change won't escape its notice, and we know hackers like to manipulate the registry to achieve persistence. Seeing everything happening in the environment is important to be able to stop attacks in their tracks.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is quite good and easy to follow, in keeping with Cynet's paradigm of cybersimplicity.

The detailed visibility it gives into the endpoint is excellent. We deployed it at a bank recently. So far, it's been great at showing us what has been happening in the environment.

The users found the initial setup to be very simple.

Deception is another great feature (which is the next iteration in the honeypot technology).

The array of remediations as well as the forensics are also a plus.

What needs improvement?

One cleint said that they faced an issue with Cynet's vulnerability assessment feature. Not sure if this was resolved. At the time, it showed them that they had some missing patches, which they resolved and yet the tool showed them that the patches were still outstanding.

Otherwise, in terms of everything else, the customers have been happy.

I would like Nework Access Control and Data Loss Prevention to be two of the main (not just complementary) features in Cynet.

2 Years

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

From what I've observed so far, it's been easy to scale. The first customer we had needed about 250 licenses, and the recent one, 1000 licenses. The solution handled both requests easily.

Moreover, we are currently working with one account which has a requirement of over 3,000 licenses.

There's no local presence in Zambia other than ourselves. However, the solution comes with a SOC, a security operation center, or managed detection and response services. Access to the technical team is also quick. Sometimes all it takes is an email or a phone call to get attention.

When there's a critical security incident in the environment, normally Cynet will send an email to the client and then follow that up with a phone call and work with the customers to resolve the issues. That's been our experience anyway.

The SOC team is very responsive. They work 24/7. And that's one of the things that we like about Cynet, the fact that it comes with the SOC. With some of the other XDR solutions, you're basically on your own.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

One of our potential clients in Zambia tried CrowdStrike and they didn't like it.

They support many disparate networks across the country and they were looking for a solution with a dashboard that they could access centrally for all of the facilities under their purview. Now these facilities actually constitute different types of networks and are dotted across the country. The customer stated that they tried CrowdStrike and it didn't work for their use case. We are currently in the process of preparing to do an on-prem deployment of Cynet for them.

I personally have used other products prior to using Cynet. The main reason for switching has been the aforementioned USPs and value Cynet provides that I haven't yet come across.

The initial setup is easy to do. We just show the clients how to do it, and they do the deployment themselves. One of our customers recently actually installed it before we even had our first conversation to show them how to do it.

Of course, customers have to prepare their environment for the
    deployment to be smooth. Certain ports have to be opened, and some .exe
    fiels need to be whitelisted.

In terms of the ease of deployment, I would rate them a five out of five.

Our clients find that it is easy enough to handle themselves. Oftentimes they do not even need our help.

The vendor prepares the tenant, usually the same day the customer has confirmed that their environment is ready.

The backend does not take long to prepare.

The licensing is annual and is per endpoint. The pricing is reasonable in my opinion.

As a reseller, we've had to be flexible with our budgeting. First of all, the pricing is reasonable for all the functionalities you get from Cynet. Secondly, often first-time subscribers do not have adequate budget allocated to an XDR system (of which Cynet is one), and the value they see in Cynet motivates them to want to procure it using their existing budget.

We normally find a way to work with current budgets as we await cost-reflective pricing in Year 2.

I've had some bit of exposure to other solutions that would provide fewer features than Cynet and yet, they're normally more expensive. The number of features Cynet has, amalgamates several solutions into one. Procuring those solutions individually would get expensive. That's why I would rate Cynet's pricing at a five out of five in terms of affordability.

I have had exposure to Sophos EDR, Darktrace NDR, and McAfee.

What other advice do I have?

We've done two cloud deployments so far.

I would recommend the solution to others. It's very easy and fast to deploy. You start having visibility into the environment almost immediately after it's installed. It's a pretty good system. I've had good experience with it.

I would rate the solution a ten out of ten.

I also like the fact that Cynet keeps improving. I foresee it having additional cool features in future.

I was skepitcal of it the first time I heard about Cynet, but not anymore.

Hybrid Cloud

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: User & Reseller
    Solutions Architect at Blue Turtle Technologies
    MSP
    Real-time monitoring, and support, with all-in-one technology that is easy to manage and track
    • "The most valuable feature of this solution is the network part of it because most of the endpoint products in XDS products we find Cynet has networking user behavior analysis and network analysis, for the whole team."
    • "I would like to see more emphasis on building the data lake and storing all endpoint data in the enterprise data lake so that data mining can be performed"

What is our primary use case?

With Cynet we are able to real-time monitoring from a SOC remotely.

We have extended real-time support for the product that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the network part of it because most of the endpoint products in XDS products we find Cynet has networking user behavior analysis and network analysis, for the whole team.

These are the features we like. It is all built-in. Unlike most other technologies, XDR requires the use of third-party network monitoring tools.

What needs improvement?

Reporting in Cynet needs improving.

It is an excellent product. I would like to see more user-friendly reporting features.

Certain reports are missing, but I am confident that they would work on them.

The only downside of Cynet is the reporting.

If you look at security, I believe it is more about building a data lake with everything in it. That is something that we are talking with Cynet about.

I would like to see more emphasis on building the data lake and storing all endpoint data in the enterprise data lake so that data mining can be performed. CrowdStrike could do the same thing, in my opinion.

I have been using Cynet for approximately 5 years.

I have had no issues with Cynet in the five years that I have used it.

Cynet is a stable solution.

Cynet is a scalable solution.

We have three solutions architects who are involved with Cynet and CrowdStrike.

Personally, I check in with the analyst once a week to ensure that everything is in order.

This solution is appropriate for organizations such as SMBs and Enterprises. The largest enterprise with 34,000 endpoints is a telecommunications company, while the smallest has 500, and another with 2,000.

It's scalable.

It's not really a question of being a more enterprise or SMB product. It is appropriate for everyone.

Real-time support is excellent. As previously stated, they were connected to the systems in real-time. They provide first-line support, whereas we only provide second-line support. Excellent product, with excellent support.

You could look at most of the technologies available to see where they fall short. I believe Cynet's competitive advantage is its 24/7 real-time support.

I would rate their technical support a five out of five, with five being the best.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We currently provide service to a large number of clients in South Africa and throughout Africa. The primary products we currently use in the endpoint are CrowdStrike and Trend Micro. However, we are gradually moving towards Cynet.

We are a partner of CrowdStrike and we offer it as a service to our clients.

I have 12 years of experience working with CrowdStrike Falcon EDR.

I believe it is more about the after-sales service and support that comes with it, but as I previously stated, we are currently moving away from CrowdStrike.

We are using a technology known as Cynet, and there are reasons for this. It is not just about the technology, it is the service that is provided to ensure that a customer does not have a breach.

We have worked with a number of endpoint products, including the CrowdStrike EDR product. We are aware of the product features.

CrowdStrike XDR has not yet been released. We use EDR, but what we like about the product right now is the threat hunting and intelligence components, which make things much easier for analysts to hunt.

The initial setup is easy. It's straightforward.

It would take you an hour, or two, to implement a client with 2000 endpoints.

It is a great product, and CrowdStrike is as well. The technology is great.

With one being difficult, and five being easy I would rate the setup a five out of five. It's easy.

Most of our clients are deployed on the cloud, only one client is on-premises. We prefer the Cloud it is easier to maintain and manage.

The product requires no maintenance.

The price is very competitive. However, if I am coming to you, and you are selling me a security product, I should not be looking at the price because I am looking to secure my environment.

I will not lose anything by securing my environment, and there will be no data breaches.

The cost of implementing something like Cynet or CrowdStrike should not be an issue.

You are attempting to protect and secure your environment, price should not be an issue.

I don't deal with the pricing, but it is a great product.

The price is lower than CrowdStrike. I would rate the pricing a four out of five.

When compared with other similar solutions, Cynet looks at the network, the host, the files, the directories, and the users, where the others are concerned, you must add them.

This is all combined in one technology, which makes things easier to manage and track.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner of Cynet.

We use the product in all of our customers' environments.

We are system integrators of Cynet. We integrate the solution for our customers.

It's a good product, I would rate Cynet a ten out of ten.

Gadi Gilon - PeerSpot reviewer
    VP, CIO, CDO at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
    A full blocking system that works
    • "We are protecting all our workstations."
    • "Linux servers are not supported."

What is our primary use case?

We are protecting all our workstations. We have installed Cynet on all the servers as quite a lot of employees are working from home because of the situation.

How has it helped my organization?

We tested for a short period without blocking any attacks. But because of cyber security issues here in Israel, after three weeks we made it a full blocking system and it works. It's working fantastic.

What needs improvement?

One problem is that Linux servers are not supported. We have our sites, but our servers that are in the cloud supporting the sites are not supported. The second problem is they don't have a solution for mobile yet, but it's expected next year. I want to install the solution on mobile devices. We have quite a lot of tablets and phones.

A mobile solution will close the pyramid of all the clients in the data being used in the organization. Also we have outside suppliers and customers, or suppliers that are attached directly to the organization, and we also covered them.

I have been using the latest version of Cynet since March.

The solution is a very good one, very clever. We never know if it will stop all the VOD attacks, but we hope it does the work.

We didn't go forward with this yet. I don't know if we will need to do it. As I said before, the only obstacle was with the Linux-based servers on our site. We are not using a lot of Linux, so we didn't install the EDR. The next stage may be to start engaging with the appliance companies and try to do it.

Customer service and support were very responsive. We called them, and they were really giving the 24/7 solution. We are not working on Saturday, and the date that the attack was done on one of our suppliers was on Saturday. It was at 10 o'clock in the morning. At 3 o'clock we engaged with them; at six o'clock the installation was done.

Ours was straightforward.

We had an issue with one of our suppliers who was attacked and decided to fully engage with the solution. They deployed it in three hours.

Our licensing agreement with them is a yearly agreement. We signed for one year because we wanted to check the solution. We are still waiting for the mobile solution as part of our agreement. The timeline is next year and the cost includes also 24/7 solution. The pricing was good.

There were three solutions we were talking about: CrowdStrike, Cynet, and Cybereason. They were the shortlist, the companies after we checked a few weeks to determine what solution we were going to take. We looked at three main parameters: the quality of the solution, the pricing, and the ease of deployment. At the end of the day, Cynet got the maximum rating. We did very deep work with consultants. We didn't make a decision in one day. We also checked Palo Alto and others, but on the shortlist, Cynet got the highest score.

What other advice do I have?

I would surely recommend it. It's a very clever solution. In Israel we have competitors; Cybereason is an Israeli company. We also checked them and other companies. One of the main reasons we chose Cynet was because they have their own distribution system for all the computers. That's the reason it was implemented so quickly.

We already bought BigFix. Now it's secondary, but for the first deployment, it was really, from our point of view, a very clever decision because we didn't plan to do it in one day. And we thought that the plans in one day would create a risk for us, for utilization of CPOs and other things. We found out utilization of the CPO is very low for all the endpoints clients. So it was quite a good surprise for us. We didn't face even one problem with any of the clients that were deployed, and we deployed it on around 1,500 clients in sales, including service.

Overall, I would rate Cynet a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Senior Cyberecurity Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Very user friendly but must expand threat detection for new threats
    • "The feature that I have found most valuable is that the configuration and the usage of the product are not so complicated. For people responsible for using this infrastructure for the first line of workstation monitoring, it's quite easy to use."
    • "In terms of what could be improved, I would say the usability of this product for new threats. Meaning, not everything which is new is properly seen by the product and not all the required actions are taken."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases with Cynet are to secure our workstations, to react to some kinds of threats from malware and hostile environments, and to maintain proper activity of our users' functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

Generally, we create the security path which provides the security monitoring of the different points in our infrastructure and our processes. At the end of this path are the workstations, and Cynet is the last point at which we can see proper activity and it helps us check this. In some cases, it is at the end of the path and in other cases at the beginning. We monitor situations like when somebody is receiving emails and uploads some files on the workstation and executes these files. Cynet helps us check this, to see these threats on the workstation, and react in a proper way. In some cases, it help people who council the communication with other host teams in our network. We use it for the reaction and remediation of the end practice.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is that the configuration and the usage of the product are not so complicated. For people responsible for using this infrastructure for the first line of workstation monitoring, it's quite easy to use.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, I would say the usability of this product for new threats. Meaning, not everything which is new is properly seen by the product and not all the required actions are taken. We don't have information for everything which should be generated by this product. I am referring to the functionality and accuracy of the product.

We know that this product is probably not on the higher end of available products because the price of the product is lower than some competitors. We are sure that the functionality is also limited. But in some cases, the information is different. Ours generated from some hostile activity on the workstation is not enough information about the incident provided. The visibility and the explanation of an incident which happens on a workstation should be extended.

I have been using Cynet for less than three years.

In terms of stability, if we configure the functionality of the product, there are no breakdowns or anything like that. So the stability is quite good.

I don't think that I can determine the scalability because we had it installed for a dedicated number of endpoints and it has been the same for the whole three years. Generally, it's enough for us and we don't require a bigger scalability to extend it for the next part of the stations.

We have a contract with the support and it's quite good.

Cynet is quite easy to use, including the initial configuration installation. Its ease of use is one of the pros of this product.

The cost is rather reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Cynet a six.

To raise the score, it requires better accuracy in covering all required or all available current threats.

Maybe there is more information related to this which generates that information.

My general advice, which is not connected directly to Cynet, is that the products which somebody would want to use depends on their requirements. There are different requirements for installing such types of products and everyone should conduct many tests before their final decision. They should compare the different products and based on this should make the final decision.

Network and Security Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Blocks all kinds of attacks without requiring anything from our side, and is very easy to set up
    • "The level of automation is very good because the majority of the time, it blocks the attacks without requiring anything from our side. The technicians don't have to do anything. They are just alerted about what happened. So, the user intelligence works quite well."
    • "It is an endpoint agent, but they don't have a probe for checking the network traffic. They could improve from this point of view."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for endpoint detection and response. We also use it as a next-gen antivirus.

We have its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It is our main cybersecurity solution. It is our EDR as well as our XDR solution. It is also our antivirus system. We have had a lot of benefits. When a user clicks on a wrong link or activates a wrong macro in Excel, it has been able to stop such attacks. It has saved us a lot of recovery time.

What is most valuable?

We especially like the fact that it can stop any kind of attack. Its performance is also quite fast. There is a specific UI module that also works quite well.

The level of automation is very good because the majority of the time, it blocks the attacks without requiring anything from our side. The technicians don't have to do anything. They are just alerted about what happened. So, the user intelligence works quite well.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Cynet for three years.

Its performance is quite good.

They don't have any problem with scalability. They can manage 100 or 1,000 endpoints without a problem.

In our deployment, we have about 1,200 clients. We have covered all our endpoints.

We are currently using Cynet, but during this year, a lot of things can change. The new company might substitute Cynet with another solution. The new company has acquired another cybersecurity company. So, we might use another solution in the future. There is a high probability that we are going to change Cynet with an internal solution.

From a technical point of view, they have good support. We have a specific SOC service, and they are always ready to understand our situation or respond to our questions. So, their support is quite good.

Before Cynet, we had McAfee Antivirus. We changed because three years ago, we evaluated that McAfee was an old antivirus solution, whereas Cynet was a new EDR solution. It was exactly what we needed to have to improve our cybersecurity posture.

The setup is quite simple. You can have the first deployment in just two hours.

It was implemented in-house. Its maintenance involves patching. They have a new release every four months.

We have, of course, seen an ROI. The management has evaluated this solution in a good way. From the first year, everyone has evaluated its role in a good way.

It costs us 20,000 to 28,000 per year.

What other advice do I have?

It is quite a complete solution. When they started three years ago, the product was not so mature. It was not so great, but last year, they added a lot of extra features. It is now complete.

Its setup is quite easy. In about two hours, you can have the first answers from your endpoint, and you can have the first understanding of your situation very quickly.

I would rate it a nine out of 10 because there is always scope for improvement.

System Administrator at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
    Detects and responds to threats across our environment and is light on resources
    • "If some unusual activity happens on the network, such as I open administrator sessions in a short duration of an hour on many computers in the lab, it sends me an alert about my network saying that one user opened three, four, or five sessions in one hour. Similarly, if I try to play with the disk size on a computer, it will send me an alert, and it will also stop the operation."
    • "Sometimes, it is necessary for me to make important changes to a hard drive of a computer, and because Cynet does not allow me to do that, I have to go to the console and remove the computer from the security group just for Cynet. After that, I have to wait for 10 or 15 minutes for that to take effect. I would like to be able to disable Cynet locally. I shouldn’t have to go to the console to find the PC and then take it out of the group and then add it again to the group. I should locally be able to disable Cynet on a computer with a password or something like that, but it is currently not possible."

What is our primary use case?

It is like an antivirus. Cynet agent is installed on our PCs, and we are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

If some unusual activity happens on the network, such as I open administrator sessions in a short duration of an hour on many computers in the lab, it sends me an alert about my network saying that one user opened three, four, or five sessions in one hour. Similarly, if I try to play with the disk size on a computer, it will send me an alert, and it will also stop the operation.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, it is necessary for me to make important changes to a hard drive of a computer, and because Cynet does not allow me to do that, I have to go to the console and remove the computer from the security group just for Cynet. After that, I have to wait for 10 or 15 minutes for that to take effect. I would like to be able to disable Cynet locally. I shouldn’t have to go to the console to find the PC and then take it out of the group and then add it again to the group. I should locally be able to disable Cynet on a computer with a password or something like that, but it is currently not possible.

I have been using this solution for about two years.

It is stable. A user can't see anything. It all happens in the background. It is not really heavy on a system. It is discrete, and a user can't feel it and uninstall it. It is pretty nice, and we like it.

It is scalable. It is used on all computers. We have about 150 PCs.

We used Symantec previously. I like Cynet more. It demands fewer resources. It is not resource-intensive.

It was easy. Most of the agents were installed automatically, but on some of the computers, the agents were installed manually. I had to configure group policies, and in the console, I had to put all the agents in a group.

I take care of its maintenance. It is really simple. When I put the new computer in a domain, it installs by itself and assigns a Group Policy Object (GPO).

I'm not dealing directly with Cynet in terms of administration. There is a security company between me and Cynet. They do cloud administration. I just add the agents in the right groups on the console, but the alerts are sent to me by this intermediate company. It is very simple for me. They just send me alerts on this computer saying that something is wrong with this service and if I can check it. I don't manage it, and we're paying for managing it.

We have definitely seen an ROI because we have very sensitive information, and we never had any viruses. It will be almost two years in autumn, and we never had any viruses.

It costs 18,000 per year, but we have the whole package with not only Cynet but also the Perception Point for emails. There are also some small security courses for our users.

What other advice do I have?

It is an excellent product. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Download our free Cynet Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: October 2022