We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

BMC TrueSight Orchestration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BMC TrueSight Orchestration is #12 ranked solution in top Process Automation tools. PeerSpot users give BMC TrueSight Orchestration an average rating of 8 out of 10. BMC TrueSight Orchestration is most commonly compared to Control-M: BMC TrueSight Orchestration vs Control-M. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 39% of all views.
What is BMC TrueSight Orchestration?

IT process automation can significantly lower the cost of IT delivery and reduce the risk associated with manual interactions. BMC Atrium Orchestrator automates common, repeatable tasks to improve quality of service across the board.

• Move from reactive, manual handling of requests to a fully automated system
  • Deliver consistent task and automation workflow results
  • Automate data collection for audit compliance
  • Align with best practices
  • Free up IT resources

BMC TrueSight Orchestration was previously known as TrueSight Orchestration, Atrium Orchestrator.

Download the Process Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

BMC TrueSight Orchestration Customers

Ameritas, Buckeye Partners, KNAB, Dex Media, News UK

BMC TrueSight Orchestration Video

BMC TrueSight Orchestration Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BMC TrueSight Orchestration pricing:
"Licensing is per lot, or per agent — one agent is one license."

BMC TrueSight Orchestration Reviews

Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Allows IT personnel to create workflows across applications, platforms, and tools
  • "I find the provisioning to be the most valuable."
  • "BMC TrueSight Orchestration is difficult to understand. It's not very user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We have some very big data centers. We use BMC TrueSight Orchestration to operate automation for our data center solutions. For example, we use it with Server Automation — we integrated those products. We perform solo pitching and monitor compliance checks.

We plan to increase our usage of this solution. We hope to have more than 10,000 agents in the near future. Within six month's time, we plan to increase the solution with a larger environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We have an operating team that manages and automates the data centers using this solution. BMC TrueSight Orchestration has made things much easier for them.

What is most valuable?

I find the provisioning to be the most valuable. This is valuable to us as we have installed this solution on all of our servers. At the provisioning sites, we are installing software that all of our data centers require — it makes our lives easy.

What needs improvement?

TrueSight does not support containerized environments. They are using the classical ITM environment, but it's hard to automate Kubernetes and some other container-like systems with this solution.

We encountered a few bugs initially, but that's to be expected.

The technical support is quite responsive.

We migrated from CA Automic to BMC TrueSight. We found a lot of flaws with the Roseburg automation tools.

The main reason we stopped using CA Automic was because of the cost of the product — it was too expensive. Also, TrueSight offers total automation.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not complex at all.

We deployed it ourselves with one or two people. Installation took us about one day, but the whole project with all elements combined took us about three months — including customization. It really depends on how big your company is.

This solution requires some maintenance. Our team is responsible for the application and configuration.

Licensing is per lot, or per agent — one agent is one license. I believe it's a yearly subscription. We haven't encountered any hidden costs.

What other advice do I have?

You need to understand your environment and what you wish to automate. Make sure to perform a good analysis of the processes you wish to automate and the overall architecture of the solution. Without good planning, there will be trouble.

For server automation, you can run a Python script if Python is installed in the OS — I prefer to use Python 6.6 inside this solution.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give BMC TrueSight Orchestration a rating of eight.