IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BMC Track-It! OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BMC Track-It! is #6 ranked solution in top License Management tools and #16 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools. PeerSpot users give BMC Track-It! an average rating of 4.0 out of 10. BMC Track-It! is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: BMC Track-It! vs ServiceNow. BMC Track-It! is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the IT Asset Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is BMC Track-It!?

Help Desk Automation

Eliminate the manual triage of issues that leads to stacks of sticky notes and emails, problems falling through the cracks, and overworked IT technicians with no way to track or prioritize work.

Knowledge Base

Centralize the documentation of known issues and use keyword search to find solutions. Technicians no longer waste time searching the web and troubleshooting issues that have already been solved by others.

Improved Efficiency

Keep track of how productive the help desk is, identify who needs more training, get feedback on the work technicians perform and justify resource needs to management.

BMC Track-It! was previously known as BMC Numara Track-It!, Numara Track-It!, Numara.

BMC Track-It! Customers

Florida Hospital, Mitchell International

BMC Track-It! Video

BMC Track-It! Reviews

Global Manager - IT Service Centre at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Lacks technical support, should offer better reports, and the SLS needs improvement
  • "The initial setup is pretty easy."
  • "The solution is cumbersome to use."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a help desk tool.

What is most valuable?

It is a product that doesn't force a technician to work with Ideal Processes.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

The stability of the solution is good.

What needs improvement?

The solution is cumbersome to use.

The SLS, IDL processes, like Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management, all could be improved. I don't know if the SLS gets improved in the new tool, however, in my current version, SLS is not up to the mark.

There may be upgrades, however, we are not interested in upgrading to the solution's latest version. It would be nice to go with a tool that is more adaptable with IDL processes and also gives more connection. Integrations like Microsoft team, Outlook, or any other like CRM could be used directly instead of that tool.

The reporting needs to be a lot better. Currently, if you go and check the reports in the packet, the reports are useless. Reporting is really bad. The report, when I generate my day to day users, should be sharp and useful. Now, in my current version, if I need to generate a good report, I have to have a Crystal Report installed and then connect it to my SQL database. There should be reports on various indicators right away.

Technical support is not offered by the company itself. Rather channel partners handle support, and it's not an ideal situation. They should offer their own direct support channels.

It should be more adaptable in terms of having the app and it should differentiate between a service request and an incident in Track-It!

The solution should have a mobile app option so I can check on things when I'm out of the office or on my way to it.

I've been using the solution for almost ten years at this point.

IT Asset Management
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, ServiceNow, Device42 and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: July 2022.
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is quite stable. We've found it to be reliable and free from bugs and glitches that affect its useability. It doesn't crash or freeze. We haven't had issues with it in terms of stability.

We aren't a big organization, so we haven't had a need to scale the solution. I cannot speak to its capabilities as I've never tried to scale it out to any great extent. We only have two people in our organization who are really working with the product.

We do currently use the solution quite regularly and on a daily basis. There are only two of us who are consistently on it.

The support hasn't been great. They try to push us over to their partners instead of helping us with issues directly. It seems wrong that we can't just go to them and get the answers or the help we need. We're unsatisfied with the lack of support they provide to their users.

We've found the initial setup to be pretty straightforward. It's not a complex implementation at all.

We deployed the solution ourselves. We didn't need the assistance of a consultant or integrator.

We are not a big organization. Therefore, we manage things ourselves. There are a few people who work on it internally, however, they aren't a separate team.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer.

We are looking to potentially replace this solution.

If other companies are considering using the solution, I'd advise that they go with the latest version.

Others should also be aware that the solution's support is always through their channel partners. That's a bad idea. If I want to implement everything myself, I should be able to get help from BMC directly if I need it.

If I'm rating the product base don't eh current version that I am using, I would rate it at four out of ten.