IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BMC Atrium CMDB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is BMC Atrium CMDB?

BMC Atrium CMDB 9 provides a complete, accurate, and up-to-date view of the people, technologies, and services that make up your business and IT environments. The benefits of ITIL CMDB span your entire IT organization—including service support, mainframe, and cloud—to give you complete control over the service lifecycle.

• Increase efficiency and stability with a single source of reference for all your IT infrastructure and services.
  • Reduce costs by automating tasks that previously required manual intervention.
  • Minimize IT risks with better understanding of change dependencies.
  • Operate services with clear insight into all parameters.
  • Enable seamless integration between support and operations processes.

BMC Atrium CMDB was previously known as Atrium CMDB.

BMC Atrium CMDB Customers

Brookfield

BMC Atrium CMDB Video

Archived BMC Atrium CMDB Reviews (more than two years old)

Lead Programmer Analyst at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
We track assets in our environment to use for reporting and ticketing
  • "This solution has improved our tracking."
  • "Over the years, we have progressed to have close to a real-time up-to-date view into the assets in our environment."
  • "Looking for a more streamlined interface; one that matches the other parts of the BMC Remedy product line."

What is our primary use case?

We use this to track assets in our environment to use for reporting and ticketing. This includes workstations, network devices, modeled applications, and servers: on-premise and in the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our tracking. Over the years, we have progressed to have close to a real-time up-to-date view into the assets in our environment. We integrated with Discovery and SCCM products to assist with this as well.

What is most valuable?

Precedence Rules: Able to have attributes weighed in each of the datasets where the data is synchronized. Normalization Rules: Able to fix misspellings or product names that have version information in the name before inserting into the golden dataset.

What needs improvement?

Looking for a more streamlined interface; one that matches the other parts of the BMC Remedy product line: Coloring Menus A basic similarity between user interfaces, not one that seems so different from the others.

More than five years.
Business Support System Engineer at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
It allows me to easily manage my data: Cleanse, load, and report on it

What is our primary use case?

Atrium CMDB is a great solution for having all your networks mapped into it. It underpins the functionality of change, incident, problem management, and asset management modules.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to easily manage my data: Cleanse, load, and report on it. It is a very comprehensive tool for Configuration Management.

What is most valuable?

• Atrium Integrator
  • Impact simulator
  • Reconciliation
  • ADDM is an added bonus.

Atrium Integrator allows me to manage my data, with regular updates, etc. and integrate with multiple systems.

What needs improvement?

I think they have already included what I was going to ask for. I am just waiting for the new release with the new enhanced UI.

More than five years.