We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
IBM BPM Developer with 51-200 employees
Improves productivity and employee morale, while improving customer service and helping us to grow
  • "Recorders and Bot Insights are very valuable features."
  • "The product needs improvements in dealing with remote servers and providing more APIs that will be used with other systems."

What is our primary use case?

We use it in the field of banking, especially for repetitive tasks in card centers. We use automation with IBM BAW tools.

It's helpful in creating new customer accounts, as we work with other systems that have no API or services to work with. The process starts in IBM BPM and it calls the robot to finish the work by calling other systems like iScore and T24. These add customer details and retrieve scores for the customer, especially when working with loans (personal, car).

We used it in sending and collecting emails to and from different sites.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for repetitive tasks that need a lot of people and consume time, as bots work 24 hours and 7 days.

It helps in:

1. Improving employee productivity, morale, and retention.
  2. While there is some fear that automation will eliminate jobs, the consequences of automation are counter-intuitive: automation actually removes the tedious parts of work and frees up often stretched-thin employees for more meaningful and creative work.
  3. Streamline chaotic processes and workflows.
  4. Increases transparency.
  5. Enhances customer service and delivery.
  6. Drives exponential growth.

What is most valuable?

Recorders and Bot Insights are very valuable features.

In addition:

1. Workload management helps to make the best use of the bots to make sure bots work well.
  2. Concurrent bot executions.
  3. A web-based solution for bot creators.
  4. It is a cloud-based solution.
  5. Dashboards, especially for bot and task monitoring.
  6. The REST APIs help to integrate with other systems.
  7. Commands in the Excel package that make it easier to work with Excel files.
  8. Email package commands.
  9. Bot store.
  10. Run DLL and Python code that helps a lot in working with machine learning.

What needs improvement?

Also in need of improvement are:

1. The AI sense command needs improvement.
  2. Bot discovery needs more work.
  3. Migration tools should be improved.
  4. REST and SOAP services need work.
  5. AA should provide the ability to use custom packages that follow a standard to be imported in RPA.
  6. I would like the ability to use custom cryptography algorithms with commands.
  7. They should improve PDF commands and IQ features to include Arabic language OCR.
  8. The admin user should have the ability to change the tome out of the session.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for two years.

Stability-wise, AA is very good.

The scalability is good.

Technical support is good.

I previously used Blue Prism but changed because I found that AA has more helpful features.

Straightforward, installation with disaster recovery approaches.

The vendor team assisted us with deployment and they are very helpful and have a very good level of expertise

It helps to increase the ROI by 25%.

It's very good in terms of cost and pricing.

Hybrid Cloud

IBM
reviewer1459914
Project Control Services Associate at Accenture
Eliminates miscomputations of reports due to human error
  • "The most valuable features for us are the Image Recognition and Object Cloning. We used this feature to automate our web-based tasks with repetitive actions or complex conditions. These features are very easy to use and do not require you to have deep knowledge in programming to understand since it has a drop and drag feature used to control it."
  • "The Web Recorder should also include a feature where the user can select what browser you want it to run since it is currently using the Internet Explorer browser as default. Some of our web-based systems are currently not compatible with Internet Explorer and can only run using Firefox or Google Chrome."

What is our primary use case?

We use Automation Anywhere to automate web-based administrative tasks. For example, we have a task to extract Excel reports from a site to gather issue tickets information, filter and compute the data, and store it to the SharePoint site. This is done manually and takes five hours to complete daily. Using Automation Anywhere, we created a bot that extracts the data from the site, filters and computes the extracted data to generate the report according to required output and format, and uploads the report at SharePoint.

How has it helped my organization?

With Automation Anywhere bots, we are able to cut down the manual efforts by 80% in generating Excel and Power BI reports, extracting and uploading files to various sites, and many other web-based administrative tasks. This also makes our report more accurate since it eliminates miscomputations of reports due to human error. Automation Anywhere also allows us to train our team members in creating bots of their own since it is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface and it requires less coding.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are the Image Recognition and Object Cloning. We used this feature to automate our web-based tasks with repetitive actions or complex conditions. These features are very easy to use and do not require you to have deep knowledge in programming to understand since it has a drop and drag feature used to control it. It is also very reliable in recognizing images and locating objects on a web page, client software, or local files, so we have very little hiccups in completing the tasks with the bot we have created.

What needs improvement?

The Web Recorder should also include a feature where the user can select what browser you want it to run since it is currently using the Internet Explorer browser as default. Some of our web-based systems are currently not compatible with Internet Explorer and can only run using Firefox or Google Chrome. Image recognition can be improved if it can still run the created bot in a different PC with different resolution sizes as it is currently very dependent on it and will not able to recognize the image you need if there are changes to resolution size.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for two years.

The stability of the automations created using Automation Anywhere is very impressive. It provided us reliability in running the bots using Automation Anywhere where we have problems in using our previous RPA platform.

Automation Anywhere allows a very wide scale in terms of providing automations to our daily tasks that we thought were not possible before.

We previously have an RPA platform but it is not very reliable especially in recognizing images.

It lessens the FTE required to complete our daily task and provided more time for us to expand our capability to accept additional tasks.

I am not in charge regarding this matter.

No. Automation Anywhere was our first choice.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Business Operations Associate at ZS Associates
The functionality of designing child and parent bots helps us to design the process in a modular way
  • "The Capture command has been a lifesaver for me in each of my use cases and the advanced Excel functionalities like running macro, reading and manipulating data, etc. It allows the bot creator to leverage the inbuilt functionalities that AA2019 has to offer to a great extent."
  • "The AI Sense functionality is what I believe can be improved since when I tried to use it for automating a use case involving a Citrix Virtual Machine, it was unable to capture objects consistently."

What is our primary use case?

I work in the Management Consulting domain and hence am working with huge amounts of data, using advanced Excel formulae and creating reports and dashboards for clients is a routine. I primarily used the RPA AA2019 to automate and streamline few weekly reports which track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for few products. Also, I automated the process of Quality checks which we perform after creating the reports. Another use case that I have automated is sending a Zoom meeting invite through outlook. The user only needs to enter a few details like attendees, date, and the time of the meeting.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization i.e ZS has been a partner of AA for the past couple of years and this year the organization decided to reach the next level by introducing a pilot program wherein many associates are onboarded to the AA2019 tool and can implement robust and efficient solutions using the same thereby increasing productivity across the organization. This has been a success and we are planning to scale the program to a much wider audience within the organization. The saving of efforts within my project has been to the tune of 20% as of now and I am sure that it will improve as we explore the tool more and automate many more processes.

What is most valuable?

The Capture command has been a lifesaver for me in each of my use cases and the advanced Excel functionalities like running macro, reading and manipulating data, etc. It allows the bot creator to leverage the inbuilt functionalities that AA2019 has to offer to a great extent. Also, the functionality of designing child and parent bots help me to design the process in a modular way. Additionally, the error handling capabilities of the tool has really improved the troubleshooting experience when we encounter an error.

What needs improvement?

The AI Sense functionality is what I believe can be improved since when I tried to use it for automating a use case involving a Citrix Virtual Machine, it was unable to capture objects consistently. This feature can be made more intelligent and less bulky in terms of the downloadable package size of the code in the next release and also the VB/Python scripts which we can use in conjunction with the AA2019 functionalities is what I believe would help in automating many processes end to end.

I have been using the Automation Anywhere 2019 tool version for the past six months.

I would rate it an 8/10 since I believe if the AI Sense capability and handling MS power point functions is further enhanced with the next release, then it would make a much larger impact.

It is very much scalable in my opinion and should be used by big organizations lokoing to save costs and increase productivity.

The setup was a bit complex. There were many IT approvals that I needed to take.

I am currently able to save 2-3 hours of manual effort per week.

Other
reviewer1469130
Technology Analyst at Infosys
IQ Bot helps with the conversion of semi or unstructured data to structured data
  • "Automation Anywhere has improved my organization by automating many rule-based and nonjudgmental processes in domains like telecommunications, human resources, financial services, and daily or monthly reporting."
  • "The Automation Anywhere Control room component features can be improved, as of now it contains too many roles and rules which makes it confusing to use it."

What is our primary use case?

I have used AA to automate window-based applications like SAP, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Database, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access), CSV/TXT file, folders based operations, etc. When it comes to web-based applications, AA really shines. Automation applications Share-point, Blackline Reconciliation, Agile point submissions, and Web-based reporting exercises are in real-time.

When it comes to the database AA also works pretty well with SQL and Oracle by executing CRUD queries.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere has improved my organization by automating many rule-based and nonjudgmental processes in domains like telecommunications, human resources, financial services, and daily or monthly reporting. The deployed bots/automation helped the organization in terms of errorless progress, meeting SLAs in time, 24/7 working hours, reducing dependencies from the human workforce, and FTE realization.

The realized FTE was deployed in more of a complex process and the employee utilization also improved.

What is most valuable?

Out of all the features from Automation Anywhere version 11, IQ Bot, is the most valuable feature because it helps us in the conversion of semi or unstructured data to structured data which made it possible to automate a lot of complex processes.

Other than the IQ Bot, the below commands in the task bot also shine in a very useful and reliable way:

Excel Spreadsheet Commands, Database Commands, API Integration, Credential locker management feature and Workload management feature.

What needs improvement?

The Automation Anywhere Control room component features can be improved, as of now it contains too many roles and rules which makes it confusing to use it.

They should make it more simple because a lot of times I have to go through the user manual while dealing with the Automation Anywhere Control Room.

I always wanted a python and javascript editing console in version 11, which I later found in A2019. Earlier, only Run script command was there to directly run the scripts which somehow creates one additional dependency to the solution.

I am using AA v11 for three years and A2019 for the last two months.

Its pretty nice actually. AA is very stable with Windows-based applications.

When it comes to scalability, the mini bots comes into the picture and helps us to scale the automation.

It was very satisfying.

I have used Blue Prism as a primary automation tool but due to the limitation of commands/stages the organization considered AA as a primary tool.

It was very easy to install since it automatically validates if all required files are installed in the machine or not.

My organization is partners with Automation Anywhere.

I am just a developer so I have no idea about ROI.

I do not have that much knowledge about cost/pricing or licensing details.

I worked with Blue Prism also.

What other advice do I have?

I am pretty impressed with the A 2019 version.

Data Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
Offers a powerful RPA tool, streamlined workflows, and has led to faster company growth

What is our primary use case?

I highly depend on the product for automation processes on most of our organization systems.

It has been able to simplify most of the tasks and projects from the creation of bots that perform most duties. Our team members have focused on more productive duties that require human input leaving less operative duties to robots.

Service delivery has improved and our customers are very happy since they can be served at faster speeds by robots. It has created a conducive working environment that has overseen our workforce team increasing production.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere has led to faster growth in our organization. We have increased our sales volume and ensured that the current international threshold. We have created robots to undertake critical roles and left some duties under the labor force team. It has streamlined workflow infrastructure and sped things up in our company. The deployment cost of Automation Anywhere is relatively low when compared to other RPA platforms. It has secured our data and given us very effective cloud services. An increase in production has enabled our teams to focus more on quality and fulfilling customer demands.

What is most valuable?

The Robotic Process Automation tool is very powerful and most useful in our organization. It has enabled our system management teams to design robots that fit most programs. Cloud operation features are very convenient and have lead to faster deployment processes. It has created a conducive collaboration feature that has led to better teamwork among our team members. The creation of most applications in our company has been done from the programming interface and they have been very effective in running our business programs.

What needs improvement?

The current version is very effective and I have no recommendation for improvement. Since we deployed Automation Anywhere is has never failed in functionality. It has led to faster growth of our enterprise and lead to increased productivity.

Automation of most services has led to faster service delivery and given our organization an opportunity to win over many customers.

The next version could have more data storage capacity that can be customized to sustain different workloads. I am satisfied with most features overall and I am very proud of this Software.

I've used the solution for two years.

This platform has has highly increased performance across the entire organization. Production has increased leading to faster growth.

The customer support team has been very supportive since we deployed it.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I have not used a different solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implemented through a vendor and they were very supportive and had a high level of experience.

It has contributed to a positive ROI.

The setup cost is relatively low and is affordable while offering a quick ROI.

I explored other options, such as UiPath, but have settled on Automation Anywhere.

reviewer1454247
RPA Developer at Nine A Business Connect
Easy to use with a drag and drop interface, and includes a powerful and versatile Object Cloning feature
  • "Object Cloning is the most valuable feature I have found for automating a website or a process that includes multiple mouse clicks."
  • "The OCR can be a little better because sometimes while scrapping, it leads to data loss."

What is our primary use case?

Automation Anywhere is one of the simplest RPA tools!

We primarily use it for data scraping from PDFs. AA has helped me to get the data from scanned PDFs with a higher accuracy rate, automating multiple formats, and maintaining its data in Excel format.

In this scenario, the user emails a PDF to the Bot email ID, the Bot downloads the attachment & scraps the data from it. As per the format, the data is pulled and maintained in Excel, in a standard format. The Excel file is then emailed back to the respective user.

How has it helped my organization?

When anybody talks about Robotic Process Automation, Automation Anywhere is the first thing that comes to my mind. Automation Anywhere is one of the simplest Robotic Process Automation Tools.

Its drag and drop feature is the best because there is no hard coding required. Even if a person is not from a coding background, they can easily learn and get their hands on this tool quickly. There are a lot of learning resources provided by Automation Anywhere University and AA provides certifications too.

Using AA has helped to reduce time & human error.

What is most valuable?

Object Cloning is the most valuable feature I have found for automating a website or a process that includes multiple mouse clicks. This is something that can easily be done using the Object Cloning command.

Object Cloning can also be used to get the DOMXPath inner text of a specific object. It also helps to automate the dropdown menus and in selecting the desired value from them. It is fun to use and if used with proper technique, a user can automate a website or portal with 100% accuracy.

What needs improvement?

In the future, more commands for automating SAP should be included.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for two years.

Stability totally depends on the power of your coding level. In general, AA is highly stable.

AA has high scalability.

Technical support from AA is excellent!

The AA support team is just Awesome. Any query or issues we face while using it can be brought to their notice by raising a ticket. They will coordinate with the user until the issue is resolved and without much delay. Automation Anywhere provides the best service.

We did not use another RPA solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Our in-house team is responsible for deployment and maintenance.

The pricing is a bit higher.

We evaluated UiPath before choosing AA.

What other advice do I have?

Choose Automation Anywhere over other RPA Tools for better service & accuracy.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Senior RPA Developer at Valleysoft
Coding and programming became much easier and very flexible in the latest version
  • "The development of the company from Automation Anywhere V11 to a2019 was valuable. I found many important and new features, like changing the way we write code and programming. It became much easier and very flexible in version 2019A. It became very easy to use and the recording was also good. Excel became very good too."
  • "I would like to have the ability to work on a remote desktop connection, run the recording on it and use all commands."

What is our primary use case?

I use Automation Anywhere in the banking and private sector.

I work in a private company, where I do a lot of processes like MasterCard, MIZA, and ATM errors.

For example, in the case of MasterCard, I download a lot of daily files from the Express MasterCard program, I upload the files to a special server, and then I activate the downloaded files. I take a copy of the files and paste it in the folder of the MasterCard on the date of the download and in the end, I send an email after completing the task.

In the case of an ATM Error, this task is very important because through it you can get all errors in the ATM and know the cause of the malfunction and whether or not you need human intervention to fix the malfunction. Most banks need this process to help solve ATM problems.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere has helped my company with a lot of things such as technical support and answering our questions. Because of the presence of Automation, it helped my company deal with banks in this field and to know many important processes in banks and private companies.

It also helped me in the way of thinking and dealing in the local and global markets. Knowing everything that is new, developing it and developing my company as well, and working to develop this field in the entire Middle East.

What is most valuable?

The development of the company from Automation Anywhere V11 to a2019 was valuable. I found many important and new features, like changing the way we write code and programming. It became much easier and very flexible in version 2019A. It became very easy to use and the recording was also good. Excel became very good too.

Bot Agent is the best thing that happened in this upgrade in Automation anywhere A2019.

It is easy to handle, easy to use, and fast to connect to the control room.

What needs improvement?

The areas in which the product and service must be improved are in the government sector and ministries such as the Ministry of Education and Health.

From my point of view, we need a lot of features that must be added in future releases, for example, improving the special dashboard in bot insight, reducing the duration session from 20 min to 5 min, and added SAP API command.

I would like to have the ability to work on a remote desktop connection, run the recording on it and use all commands.

I've been using v11 for two years and currently, I've been using a2019 for a year.

The stability is pretty good.

Scalability is excellent.

Their support is good.

I did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was easy.

We did the deployment in-house.

IBM
reviewer1454262
Technical Specialist - Senior at HCL Technologies
Reasonable-priced, good error handling, and it saves us time doing routine work
  • "By using this, we are saving time and we no need to do routine work, as it is now automated and the result is shared with all of the end-users."
  • "In A2019 it does not display the exact running status, but rather it displays the previous one."

What is our primary use case?

I have automated the applications that we use for daily checks. We automate the application health check functionality, capture the result in an Excel sheet, and share it.

By using this, we are saving time and we no need to do routine work, as it is now automated and the result is shared with all of the end-users. We are able to navigate if any further application changes.

It captures all of the day-to-day activities and monitors the jobs at the time we specify. It helps with all technologies.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere, by the name, can be used anywhere for automating tasks. Everywhere automation and anywhere automation. By using AA, we are able to reduce the time and manpower spent on tasks.

We can also have data updates in form of email, which can be saved for later usage.

It is very easy to understand the code.

AA helps in moving people's current trends using the current technology. AA is an RPA tool that makes robots do all of the work or jobs as assigned.

AA is a good tool for all technologies in all organizations.

What is most valuable?

The features I found valuable based on my usage are:

• Error Handling helps to find the exact error line in the logs.
  • Email can be used to send emails to any number of users.
  • Excel advanced and basic modules help to execute most of the commands in Excel.
  • OCR captures the exact text.
  • Keystroke shortcut is used within the shortcut, like TAB or ENTER.
  • The universal recorder captures the specific options that need to be captured.
  • The mouse click option can be used to capture exact actions.
  • The delay function can be used to make applications wait for a specific time.

What needs improvement?

In the Universal Recorder, we face minor bugs in A2019. For example, the browser closes and using the recorder.

There are some minor bugs in the universal browser. In cases where Microsoft Silverlight is used, it doesn't capture the button.

In V11 we use OCR, it captures the image and displays the text it captured. However, in A2019, it only captures and does not display the text.

In A2019 it does not display the exact running status, but rather it displays the previous one.

In V11, we used to add images in email message boxes with the current date and time but in A2019, we are unable to do so

I have been working on Automation Anywhere since February 2020.

The first-ever RPA tool that I used was AA V11.

I started with AA V11, completed the Advanced and Master certifications, then moved to the next version, A2019.

AA comes at a more affordable price than the other tools.

AA is the best tool compared to others in the market such as UiPath, Blue Prism, and ProcessRobot by Softomotive.

What other advice do I have?

I am expecting that in the next versions of A2019, more actions will be added.

Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.