Adobe Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Adobe Connect is the #9 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. PeerSpot users give Adobe Connect an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Adobe Connect is most commonly compared to Zoom: Adobe Connect vs Zoom. Adobe Connect is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a government, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Adobe Connect?

Why Adobe Connect?
The most flexible, secure, extensible and feature-rich web conferencing product on the market.
Customizable Interface
Customizable - Design your own immersive experiences with custom pods, images & layouts to
personalize and brand your virtual room.

Engaging - Drive and measure audience engagement unlike any other tool. Add interactivity to
your sessions with multiple chat pods, polls, quizzes, simulations, breakout
rooms, games and more.

Powerful - Leverage Backstage & Prepare Mode to allow presenters and hosts to collaborate behind the scene during live session. Leverage limitless functionality and extensibility with custom apps.

Persistent - Create your virtual room once with the right layouts, pods and content and use it
forever.

Adobe Connect Customers

Blue Sky Broadcast, Wiley and Georgetown University, New South Wales (NSW) Schools, BMO Financial Group, The Ministry of Education, Church, Culture & Gender Equality in Greenland, HealthSTAR Communications, IDEXX Laboratories, Philips Healthcare

Adobe Connect Video

Adobe Connect Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Adobe Connect pricing:
"The purchasing process is complicated. It would be beneficial if it were more simplified."

Adobe Connect Reviews

Fabiana GO - PeerSpot reviewer
Adobe solutions Architect at BUYSOFT DO BRASIL LTDA
Reliable and easy to set up with great layout pods
  • "The solution can scale well."
  • "The price is a problem."

What is our primary use case?

My clients are using the solution for training centers, for presenting webinars. I'm using it for webinars and for pre-selling for my clients. In my current company, I have my account and I'm using it for presenting solutions, including, for example, how Acrobat, Photoshop, and Creative Cloud work and some internal training. In the last few years, I use it for training, Adobe training, in universities.

In Brazil, most universities use Adobe Connect for live events and for classes. After COVID and social distancing, I see other solutions in our universities now too as Adobe is so expensive in Brazil.

What is most valuable?

The layout pods are the most important feature of the solution.

It's an easy solution to set up.

The stability is good.

The solution can scale well.

What needs improvement?

The price is a problem. Only international companies can really use Connect. For example, Mercedes can buy Adobe Connect. Other companies deal with Teams. My company buys Teams. In certain moments, my manager asks me about Connect and after seeing the pricing, will say no to Connect as Microsoft Teams is less expensive than Connect.

The licensing model needs improvement. The license model is only for large, large rooms, for large amounts of people in a room. In Brazil, we tend to have smaller class sizes. In Brazil, if I offer one Connect room, it's so expensive as we don't have so many students. They need to create a smaller license for smaller room sizes.

It's important to me to be able to copy a layout as to different rooms. I have many rooms and I need to copy the layout. When I have a good layout it would be ideal to be able to create the other pods with my custom needs. I need more pods and more tools to make new pods. HTML5 is not impressive for me. Before HTML5, we had other tools in AWS for making pods. Now, we have these tools. It's much more difficult.

I've used the solution for maybe 10 years. I am the first, or one of the first, people in Brazil using Adobe Connect. After Adobe bought Macromedia, I started using it. Adobe changed the name for Adobe Connect.

Virtual Meetings
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Cisco, Zoom Video Communications and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution can scale well. It's scalable by layout and by the dashboard. It's so easy to scale.

When I buy for my clients, my clients ask about support from Adobe or some other support for the solution. I tend to help if they can't get support elsewhere.

I am a unique person in Brazil in that I know how to provide support to Adobe Connect. No other person in resellers, in consulting marketing, provide support or implementing for Adobe Connect.

If I need support, I can get it, however, that's not true for everyone in Brazil. Getting support is difficult. For clients, support is quite bad.

Other companies also use Teams and Zoom. Our company tends to use Team more as it is far less money.

The initial setup is simple and straightforward. It's not difficult.

The solution is quite expensive.

In Brazil, Connect is only for obtaining international standards for international companies. If a company sees the price and the features for Zoom, Connect, and other platforms, while Connect is better than other platforms it's five times the price here.

What other advice do I have?

We are an Adobe platinum partner.

If I sell one or 100 Connects, I don't maintain my badge as a platinum reseller. I rely on selling other Adobe solutions. Only if clients ask about Connect will I sell Connect. If clients don't find me or know I'm the only person who understands Connect around here, they won't know to ask about Connect. It's rare to have someone ask for it.

Before working for my current company, I was working as an evangelist for Adobe. I worked in presenting and have consulted for universities for the Adobe training center and others in Adobe Connect. Now, I have two clients who sell Adobe Connect and I provide the support and training and consulting for implementing Adobe Connect.

I'm likely using the latest version of the solution currently. I can't speak to the exact version number.

Overall, I would rat the solution at a nine out of ten.

Director, Service Training at a construction company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Versatile, with a variety of layouts, scales well, stable, and is easy to use
  • "I like Adobe Connect because of its flexibility."
  • "Adobe's products are difficult to grasp."

What is our primary use case?

We use Adobe Connect for virtual meetings and instructor-led virtual classes.

It is what we use for instructor-led virtual classes, which we call VILT.

They are live classes that begin and end at specific times, and I have a live facilitator, to interact with them.

What is most valuable?

I like Adobe Connect because of its flexibility. It gives us a lot of flexibility.

It has a variety of layouts and the ability to create templates.

We do product training for specific products, and it allows us to have different classrooms.

We like how simple it is for participants to participate.

They are pretty solid, as well as good and high-end. But the good news is that it isn't like Photoshop, which has so many nuances and features.  Adobe is fairly simple to use once you get the hang of it.

What needs improvement?

Adobe's products are difficult to grasp. They don't have a good explanation.

You could get an enterprise version with what is known as concurrent users, allowing you to have a large number of hosts.

The issue with the internet is that you need hosting for the named host, with a named host account. The named host must enter the meeting, open it, and remain in it until the meeting is completed.

This appears to be pointless because the named host can elevate a participant to the role of host for that meeting when someone enters the room.

We have instructors who come in to teach classes. They might teach two or three classes per month. When we start a class, the named host, one of the five, has to open that class, and he can turn it over to that the instructor to take over as the host for the rest of the meeting.

The instructor can now share screens, ask questions, make calls, and put up polls.

It appears to be constraining. I wouldn't mind a five-host license, but a floating host would be preferable. We couldn't host more than five classes at once, which would have been easier for both us and Adobe.

The person could simply use a pseudonym or, host one, host two, or host five, to login. With our situation, it is rare that we would do two at a time. We do them sequentially.  We may offer two courses in a day, but not five all simultaneously.

I have been working with Adobe Connect for two years.

We have a 535 main host subscription.

So far, the stability has been good. It has functioned well for us. We haven't had any issues.

Adobe Connect is a scalable product.

Adobe has a VAR system, where they have authorized resellers and dealers.

Our first call is to the dealer, and they have been able to solve most of the issues we have experienced.

Adobe does an excellent job of providing training. They have a wealth of free knowledge that you can access, as well as free webinars. There are also events.

It was not difficult to set up.

What other advice do I have?

I have been using Adobe products since the 1980s when the personal computer was first introduced.

We really like it.

I would rate Adobe Connect a nine out of ten.

Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Cisco, Zoom Video Communications, and more!
Updated: November 2022