Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Zscaler Cloud Firewall OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zscaler Cloud Firewall is #23 ranked solution in best firewalls. PeerSpot users give Zscaler Cloud Firewall an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Zscaler Cloud Firewall is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiGate: Zscaler Cloud Firewall vs Fortinet FortiGate. Zscaler Cloud Firewall is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Zscaler Cloud Firewall Buyer's Guide

Download the Zscaler Cloud Firewall Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Zscaler Cloud Firewall?

Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access, create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyberattacks and data loss.

Check more details: https://www.zscaler.com/produc...

Zscaler Cloud Firewall Customers

Zenith Live, Azure, Carlsberg Group

Zscaler Cloud Firewall Video

Archived Zscaler Cloud Firewall Reviews (more than two years old)

Carlos Snel - PeerSpot reviewer
Director at Aquila ICT Solutions
Reseller
Configuration features and full integration make this extremely simple to use
  • "Once you have Zscaler running you have access to configure it however you want."
  • "Because it's on cloud, it doesn't allow application of extra settings."

What is our primary use case?

My primary goal is to find the simple and easy cloud solutions that I am reselling. Zscaler is one of them because it provides something that is broader than only firewalling on cloud. There is a lot of work around it and it's all outsourced once it's in the cloud and protects from attacks. The great thing about it is that people get the most updated software and hardware security guarantee.

We deal with medium-sized enterprise companies. We're in Europe and I am the only unique Zscaler reseller for companies with less than 2000 users. They normally don't deal with companies smaller than that.

What is most valuable?

The solution has great features like configuration. It would be difficult to improve or simplify what Zscaler does. Once you have Zscaler running you have access to configure it however you want.

What needs improvement?

The only thing that might be improved would be to enable application of different settings. It's really the difference between having it on premises or on cloud. If you have a next gen firewall from Palo Alto which is the best on-premise solution, then you might be able to configure some things a little more. It's possible that with Zscaler, the customization of some options could be improved a little to match what is available on-premise but because it's on cloud, it doesn't allow application of extra settings.

I've been using the solution for about 18 months.

Zscaler Cloud Firewall
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Zscaler Cloud Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I haven't seen any stability issues and I've seen it running in large banks.

The scalability of the solution is good and fast to implement.

Technical support is generally fine although sometimes there are exceptions. But there's generally a quick response and they're cooperative.

Initial setup is very simple and then it's just a matter of IP addresses exchanged between Zscaler and the customer, and then configuration. Any extras require just ticking the box and it's done. Technically, setup can take five minutes, and up to a week dealing with individual customer requirements, IP addresses, etc. Most of our customers have their own IT people who implement. Maintenance is included with the product, it's all in the cloud server which is maintained 24/7.

Cost is about the same whether it's on-prem or on cloud. Initial cost is higher with an on-prem solution and with cloud there are additional fees for configuring extras.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend people figure out what they need and then check the market. Zscaler is  the Rolls Royce for this kind of solution. If you can afford to buy a Rolls Royce then you should take it even though it's one of the more expensive solutions. It's the best one with full integration and everything you would expect. If you're looking for a quick and cheap solution, that would be TitanHQ. It's a reasonable product but there is obviously a big difference between Zscaler and TitanHQ.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Security Subject Matter Expert at Orange
Good sandboxing and URL filtering with capability to scale
  • "The solution offers good sandboxing."
  • "The issue right now is probably that Zscaler is not providing web browser isolation. Another solution, Menlo, offers this. For one customer, we had to send traffic to Menlo to do the isolation for us. It was requested by the customer so that they could integrate any iframe. Zscaler needs to add this type of feature in their next release."

What is our primary use case?

We are establishing IT systems from the customers' routers to the nodes in Zscaler. Once we hand over the traffic to them, we wait for them to claim the full IP packet and we send the traffic back to them along with the destination. From our perspective, Zscaler is a security solution that is implemented in the cloud so it's a cloud supported service solution. We are not specifically working on a specific firewall.

What is most valuable?

The solution has this SSL feature which is quite interesting

URL filtering is quite good.

The solution offers good sandboxing.

What needs improvement?

We've had some concerns with Zscaler, but a new version is coming out that we hope will address them. This is scheduled to be released in March 2020. They've probably done some gap analysis and will be introducing more versatile features according to customer requests.

I've been using this solution for a year and a half.

The stability of the solution is good. Our customers have been quite happy with it.

You can scale the solution without any issue. It's very good.

We largely work with enterprise-level organizations.

I have the impression that technical support is good, but it's the customer that creates the tickets and has direct contact with them. I understand that the number of users is more than 10,000. That means Zscaler is providing a dedicated technical account manager who resolves all the outstanding queries and issues that arise on the network.

This is the first vendor we have used as far as cloud security is concerned.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't too complex.

Deployment times vary. It depends on the number of sites, for example. We have a separate team that works on the delivery part so I'm not able to discuss implementation on a micro-level.

However, deployment depends on the complexity of the solution, the number of sites and what the specific requirements of the customer are. It may take a day or two to fully implement, or three days, at a maximum.

From our perspective, we're selling three separate packages: Basic, Advanced and Premium.

Depending on the requirement of the customer, we offer the package that makes the most sense.

With Basic, we provide a very limited feature set. Advanced packages will probably provide some better and more advanced features. Premium will provide everything that Zscaler has to offer. That means URL filtering, sandboxing, endpoint mitigation, etc. I'm not sure of the exact costs from Zscaler's side.

The Zscaler pricing, in general, is okay. Once more vendors come into the picture, there will probably be more competition and they may have to reduce their costs. Still, as of right now, it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Zscaler.

We have this production suite which we have customized with Zscaler and we are selling this solution to a lot of customers in which we provide sandboxing, URL filtering, testing, blacklisting, etc. We're not using the solution ourselves so much as selling it to our customers.

Zscaler has a good foothold in the market and any new competitor will have to be cognizant of the fact that they will have to be affordable and provide all of the features Zscaler has while being good at threat analysis and filtering.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it had web browser isolation I'd rate it higher.

Download our free Zscaler Cloud Firewall Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022