Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Veeam ONE OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veeam ONE is #5 ranked solution in top Virtualization Management Tools. PeerSpot users give Veeam ONE an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Veeam ONE is most commonly compared to VMware Aria Operations: Veeam ONE vs VMware Aria Operations. Veeam ONE is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 20% of all views.
Veeam ONE Buyer's Guide

Download the Veeam ONE Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Veeam ONE?

Veeam® ONE™ is a powerful monitoring, reporting and capacity planning tool for the management of the Veeam backup infrastructure and VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments. It helps enable Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by providing complete visibility of the IT environment to detect issues before they have operational impact.

Veeam ONE Customers
Business & Legal Resources Inc., Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, Alliance Healthcare, Poulin Grain Inc., Linear Technology, Northwestern University, ARKEMA, Sogegross, City of Lynchburg
Veeam ONE Video

Veeam ONE Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veeam ONE pricing:
  • "The cost is based on the number of core servers."
  • "I have not used the resale license in our testing environments. Sometimes, our customers used the trial license for 30 days and so on."
  • "For what it does, the price is acceptable."
  • Veeam ONE Reviews

Technical Presales Consultant/ Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
    Scalable with great technical support and an easy initial setup
    • "The solution is carefully designed to be easy to use - even if you're in a panic."
    • "They need to support more platforms."

What is most valuable?

The solution provides great insights. Veeam ONE is like a consolidated monitoring and reporting solution for Veeam Backup Replication, and Hyper-V and VMware environments. It basically provides a pane of glass to monitor and report on both your backup infrastructure and your virtual infrastructure if it is Hyper-V or VMware.

What I really like about it is that usually I would deploy it before I deploy Veeam Backup Replication to get insights on the environment that can help me avoid issues during the VOT or during the implementation of Veeam Backup Replication. For example, I can get insights to see if there is any bottleneck on the production storage on which the servers are residing.  If I need to back up, I can find out if the storage has very low space and if I trigger backups with Veeam or any other situation if I come and conduct a snapshot if it will likely cause a recall production issue.

Another really amazing feature I like about Veeam ONE is not just that it helps me plan the deployment and whatnot, in general. It can help me generate reports about the virtual environment that are totally unrelated to the backup. For example, I have one customer within the POC for Veeam Backup Replication and for Veeam ONE, the Veeam Availability Suite. They are using NetBackup. And they said, "Okay, we are okay with NetBackup. We don't need Veeam Backup Replication. But, We want Veeam ONE" This is due to the fact that once I integrated Veeam ONE, I was able to provide them insights into their environment that they had no clue about. For example, how much space is being utilized in the data center, what kind of data growth they're having in the data center, any issues in the infrastructure, and if there are areas for improvement.

Veeam ONE also recommends solutions for the issues. It can let you classify your data center. It will classify your systems and then report on them accordingly. Basically, it would provide many insights and monitor services. Some decision-makers are not into the technical aspects and whatnot. They're into the numbers and where they are right now, where they want to be, the loss options for capacity planning, et cetera.

It's strictly a reporting and monitoring solution for Veeam, Hyper-V, and Veeam Backup Replication. It's a monitoring solution for virtual data centers and backup in one console. Usually, reporting solutions do not have this functionality. You will have report decisions for VMware, however, they will not monitor the backups.

Technical support is great.

The solution can scale.

What needs improvement?

They need to support more platforms. Right now, they support their Veeam Backup Replication product, which means they provide monitoring and visibility reporting to the backup infrastructure and the backup portion. However, for some people, they're not using VMware. They are not using Hyper-V, or they have other workloads. For example, they have Nutanix. Veeam can monitor the backups, which is part of Veeam Backup Replication, however, it cannot monitor Nutanix itself.

They also do not monitor physical workloads, for example, physical Windows Servers and physical Linux Servers. They report their backups. They monitor their backups through Veeam Backup Replication. They don't have server monitoring and reporting. That's where there is room for improvement.

The management software for Veeam ONE is installed only on Windows.

Recently, for some reason, a client didn't have the feature "offload backups to object storage", like Azure cloud storage, and for some reason, we were unable to locate any sort of particular report for that particular backup point. Having much more extensive backup reports would be great. They have a lot of backup reports which are great, and they have the option to create backup customer reports, however, it would be great to have additional reports along the way.

I've been using Veeam ONE also since version 9.5.

Veeam One is pretty scalable when it comes to VMware and the Hyper-V. It is scalable and has a modular architecture, just like Veeam Backup Replication. You can have the server run in one place and the client run in another. It works well.

Veeam ONE
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Veeam ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Technical support is a tricky question. In general, if you're asking about Veeam when compared to other vendors, honestly speaking, the technical support response times are quite good. Support will vary by engineers, no matter which vendor you deal with. One day, I'll have a really bad engineer, the next I'll have an excellent one.  However, I evaluate more so based on response times, and as I've said, their response is always excellent.

The solution is very straightforward to set up. It's a product that's designed to be easy to use, and implementing it is no exception.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam has a suite called the Velamen Availability Suite. This Suite consists of two products; Veeam ONE and Veeam Backup Replication. Usually, we use these two products at the same time for different purposes.

I've been using the solution since version 9.5 and now it's on version 11.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: distributor
    Glauk Hoxha - PeerSpot reviewer
    CTO at VIRTUO NTSH
    Easy to set up, easy to use, and reliable
    • "The product is very straightforward and very easy to use from the client-side."
    • "It's not that easy to use from the management side."

What is our primary use case?

The clients are using the solution for backup and restore and also for replication. The new model also has the management of virtual servers.

What is most valuable?

It's one of the most stable offerings.

The product is very straightforward and very easy to use from the client-side.

The solution is scalable.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It's not that easy to use from the management side.

The solution needs to improve its traditional backups. They back up data as others do at the moment - however, it's not as good. Also, restoring is very fast, however, they need some improvement in deduplication.

It's more the management in the level of replication. There needs to be a much higher level of replication. Right now, it's a basic replication in the secondary site. The recovery needs to be much faster as recovery is very important. The fastest recovery is from Rubrik.

Rubrik is the fastest recovery backup solution, and Cohesity is the same as it depends on the hardware which they have.

Veeam should come with the hardware as others, like Cohesity, come with the hardware.

We've been using the solution for five years. It's been a while.

The product is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance is good.

You can scale it easily. Every time you need to buy a new license, you just add more licenses, and that's it.

At the moment, all of our customers are using Veeam. We have more than 20 customers.

We don't use technical support very much, however, my sense is they're okay. I cannot say something more precise, as we didn't really use it.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's not complex or difficult. The deployment process takes about an hour or so.

To set up and deploy the solution, you only need a maximum of two people - one consultant and one assistant.

I didn't study ROI. Return of investment has to do with disaster recovery. This is one of the best solutions, Veeam, to retrieve machines if a disaster happens. If one site goes, and you have replication with Veeam, your company can continue on without loss.

The customer needs to pay for Veeam. They need to pay a license per virtual machine, and the cost depends on how many virtual machines they want to back up.

We also are a partner of Cohesity, and we've evaluated the two. The main difference is Cohesity comes with hardware.

The license is based on the capacity of the space where the backup stays, and also is very straightforward, much like Veeam. They are straightforward, and it's very, very, very powerful, however, you really depend on the hardware. This is a different way of licensing.

Veeam is very straightforward, however, licensing is for virtual machines, how many you have. That means sometimes in the environment if you have lots of machines, virtual machines, it is better to use Cohesity as you can add as many virtual machines as you want and the license is always based on the capacity of the hardware where it stays.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers. We are gold partners with Veeam.

We sell only the latest version of the solution.

I recommend both Veeam and Cohesity, however, depends on how your environment is.

I'd rate the product at a ten out of ten.

Veeam ONE
    September 2022
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Reinhard Geißler - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
    Easy to set up with good scalability and helpful technical support
    • "The solution is stable."
    • "When you have to renew the licenses you sometimes have some trouble getting rid of the old one and reassigning it to the new one. That's an aspect that could run smoother and could be better."

What is most valuable?

We like it due to the fact that we can get error messages to alert us to issues. We can get a forecast for our storage and so on. It's really good.

The initial setup is easy.

The solution is stable.

The product is very scalable.

Technical support is helpful and knowledgeable. They respond very fast.

What needs improvement?

You have several monitors you have to tune. You have several snapshots on the volume and so on, and this is the standard. However, for example, if you have Rezon from VMware, you have much more snapshots on the volume, and yet it's not a problem as Rezon doesn't have these issues with the huge number of snapshots. They should offer more snapshots on Veeam.

The pricing could be reduced.

When you have to renew the licenses you sometimes have some trouble getting rid of the old one and reassigning it to the new one. That's an aspect that could run smoother and could be better.

We've used the solution for the last eight years.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution scales very well.

You just put in another license key and you can add some hosts. It's that easy.

We have five people that directly use the solution within our company.

Technical support from Veeam is great. You don't want to have an issue, however, if you do, they can help you really fast, and they know what to do and they ask the right questions to get deep into the problem if you have something complex or difficult. They'll help you install a patch so that everything is fine. It's great.

The price always could be lower, however, compared to others, it's pretty much in line with other options on the market.

I haven't really looked into other solutions. I've compared the open-managed integration for vCenter, and that's a really cheap one - however, it's hard to install and you often have issues. I would say it's a small giveaway from Dell as an add-on to the hardware.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user of the solution.

We have the Veeam plugin from Dell and Veeam ONE. Veeam ONE is in the availability suite we have ordered and we changed our hardware from Dell and for the last five years, we have the open-managed integration.

We're currently on version 11 and we updated the solution in February.

For those considering the solution, I would advise that they deactivate the alarm at first and then run it in a warning mode so that you can learn within the environment. Veeam has some limits, and these limits are often only baselines. You may have other limits as you have faster hosts or you have other storage, et cetera. If you run in warning mode, you can learn and put in the correct baselines. You can tune it and then you won't get so many alerts. Once you have tuned your environment against the Veeam baseline it's really comfortable to work with.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

M FahadIrshad - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at DGBIts
    Satisfactory solution with great backup and restoration features
    • "Veeam ONE is the best and the most mature solution for hypervisors and physical machines."
    • "There is a bug that prevents enabling the restore button, which is hectic."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to back up and restore our virtual machine in a live environment without restoring the complete virtual machine. It just mounts its storage to the NFS and makes the machine live in seconds. That is our favourite feature in Veeam ONE.

What is most valuable?

In the past, we used NAKIVO for our backup replication, and the main problem was that their backups were unverified and, most of the time, were corrupted. But the backup in Veeam ONE is good, and we are satisfied that the backups are also accurate and stable.

What needs improvement?

When we install an application, we have backups available in another drive and have to import those backups into the machine. Sometimes, rarely, there is a bug that prevents enabling the restore button, which is hectic. We then have to go into the folder and double-click to fix the issue. However, improvements can be made to prevent the bugs and improve restoration and importing of previous backups into the new one.

I don't think any additional features are required as it is already packed with many features.

We have been using this solution for approximately five years and are using the latest version. We always keep our versions updated. It is deployed on-premises.

I rate the stability a nine out of ten. So we like the solution, but I can't rate it a ten because there is room for improvement.

I rate the scalability a ten out of ten because it is scalable even using Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services. It is also scalable on-premises. Only our organization's manager and deputy manager have the right to operate this solution. We have plans to expand use as the data center keeps expanding.

The initial setup was straightforward, and Veeam ONE requests prerequisites and installs them without the internet. That is a big bonus, with those prerequisites packaged in each setup. It is also pretty straightforward for someone unfamiliar with the solution.

Deployment was done in-house. Our data center does not have a big workload, so we use the Veeam ONE backend application and community edition. It is free, and if any issue arises, it can be solved with a Google search. It took three people and around 40 minutes to complete the deployment. One person can complete the rack installation of physical hardware.

It's free of cost for up to ten workloads, which is a big benefit for a small data center.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of ten. My advice to a new user is to go for the community edition. It is more than sufficient compared to Acronis or NAKIVO. Veeam ONE is the best and the most mature solution for hypervisors and physical machines.

Senior System Administrator at a manufacturing company with 1-10 employees
    Integrated with Veeam backup and centralizes well
    • "I don't have to go back and forth between different applications to get the report I need."
    • "In future releases, I would like to see the solution provide auto resolution and auto relocation of resources."

What is our primary use case?

I am a system administrator. My role is to oversee the support of the company's network. I also take care of the deployment and maintenance. We use Veeam ONE to optimize hypervisors or my virtual machines.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution includes reporting on the virtual machines and the sources. It centralizes well.

What is most valuable?

Veeam ONE is integrated with Veeam backup, so it includes reporting on both. I don't have to go back and forth between different applications to get the report I need.

What needs improvement?

Veeam ONE does the basic job of reporting, but it does not meet my requirements of automated resolution.

I have been using Veeam ONE for three years.

Veeam ONE performs as required. It is stable.

This solution is scalable. It depends on the kind of functions you require and what you want to get out of the product.

I would rate Veeam ONE's technical support a four out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of Veeam ONE is simple and straightforward.

The deployment was done in-house. It takes less than one day to deploy Veeam ONE. To implement, I created a virtual machine and installed Veeam ONE on it. I just had to attach it to the Hyper-V service.

Veeam ONE saves me a lot of time, so I don't have to look and monitor each service on its own.

We have a three-year license with Veeam billed annually. The cost is based on the number of core servers.

I would rate the pricing of the solution a three out of five.

I am looking into Turbonomic to see if it can do more than Veeam ONE.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is a good product if you are looking for monitoring and reporting. If you are looking for automated solutions, you will have to look somewhere else.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten overall.

Alexey Parakhnevich - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Engineer at Softline
    MSP
    Useful for monitoring, investigating, and troubleshooting the environment
    • "It has been useful for monitoring, troubleshooting, and assessing our environment, as well as for investigating bottlenecks."
    • "Sometimes, it's a little difficult for me to use its user interface. Its scope is very big with a lot of tuning, settings, and so on. If it's difficult for me, it must also be difficult for our customers."

What is our primary use case?

I use Veeam ONE in testing environments. I don't use it in the production environment. I only use it for demo and testing tasks.

We have on-prem installations. In Belarus, it's not popular to use cloud features due to government regulations, and our customers use only on-prem environments.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, it's a little difficult for me to use its user interface. Its scope is very big with a lot of tuning, settings, and so on. If it's difficult for me, it must also be difficult for our customers.

I have been using it since 2020 when I started preparing for the certification examination for Veeam. Now, I don't use it that much. I run Veeam ONE only for demo purposes.

Our environment is stable, and we are not into scaling and sizing our environment. It is very static for us.

I have not used their support for Veeam ONE, but I have used it for Veeam Backup and Replication tasks. I have had communication with Russian support, and they are very fast in communicating with us. They were very good. I would rate them a five out of five.

The initial setup is not so difficult, but other functions and customer settings for monitoring are sometimes difficult. Its initial installation is not difficult for me.

We are an integrator. We have two or three engineers for maintenance activities.

I have not used the resale license in our testing environments. Sometimes, our customers used the trial license for 30 days and so on.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise implementing Veeam Backup and Replication and Veeam ONE together in your environments.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. It is useful for me, but sometimes, it is very difficult to use.

BartHeungens - PeerSpot reviewer
    Hybrid Infrastructure Solution Architect at Bitcon
    Reliable, easy and quick to install, with good support and alerting
    • "For me, the most important feature is alerting."
    • "There is a lot of information, so maybe the dashboards could consolidate it."

What is our primary use case?

We use Veeam ONE to get a better view of our virtualized environment. To see what is happening there.

What is most valuable?

For me, the most important feature is alerting. I know when something goes wrong, I get an alert.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is quite extended, and sometimes it's difficult to find the right information. Once you know and are familiar with it, it's okay.

The user interface could be simplified. There is a lot of information, so maybe the dashboards could consolidate it.

I have been using Veeam ONE for two or three years.

I recently updated to the latest version.

It stays running, so I don't have to put a lot of time there.

I updated recently and it keeps running.

Occasionally, I go to the dashboard to see that there are not many alerts showing. It's stable.

I have a rather small environment so I haven't had to use this feature.

I assume that it is scalable, but I have never tested it.

I have not used technical support while using Veeam ONE, but for other products from Veeam I have, and I am happy with their support. They are fast, and their response is very good.

I use Office 365, Veeam Cloud Connect, and Veeam ONE in my Data Center.

The initial setup and installation were very straightforward.

It took less than an hour to deploy.

I completed the deployment and implemented it myself.

We have a license combined with my other Veeam licenses.

For what it does, the price is acceptable.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend using Veeam ONE. I see more positive things than negative ones.

I would rate Veeam ONE an eight out of ten.

Network Administrator at a government with 51-200 employees
    Stable solution for IT monitoring and planning
    • "The feature that we have found most valuable is its traffic plan. The traffic plan is very good."
    • "Veeam ONE could be improved if it had a better data recovery feature."

What is our primary use case?

We use Veeam ONE to monitor availability and for VM traffic and account system management.

What is most valuable?

Also the software manager is very good.

What needs improvement?

To make it a better solution they could improve the business feature and the camera.

When we have a problem, we want to use the best feature. We would like to see a better solution for when your software has crashed for a minute or you can't open your software. We would like a better solution to recover your software.

Overall, Veeam ONE could be improved if it had a better data recovery feature.

We have been using Veeam ONE for about three years.

The stability is good, we didn't see any bugs here.

In terms of the scalability, it is good.

We have three people using the solution.

We have not had any contact with customer service yet.

The initial setup was okay.

I set everything up myself.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is a good solution that anyone can use.

On a scale of one to ten I would rate Veeam ONE an eight. If it was easier to use and understand and more reliable it would be a 10.

Download our free Veeam ONE Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022