IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Veeam Agent for Linux OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veeam Agent for Linux is #16 ranked solution in top Cloud Backup tools and #25 ranked solution in best Backup and Recovery Software. PeerSpot users give Veeam Agent for Linux an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Veeam Agent for Linux is most commonly compared to Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup: Veeam Agent for Linux vs Hornetsecurity Altaro VM Backup. Veeam Agent for Linux is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Backup and Recovery Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Veeam Agent for Linux?

Veeam Agent for Linux is a simple backup agent that’s designed to ensure the Availability of your Linux installations, both on‑premises and in the public cloud. Veeam Agent for Linux’s built‑in integration with Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to leverage your Veeam backup repositories and get your on‑premises backups off site.

Veeam Agent for Linux Customers

ContinuitySA, Industrial Scientific

Veeam Agent for Linux Video

Veeam Agent for Linux Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veeam Agent for Linux pricing:
  • "Licensing costs are monthly."
  • "We have purchased a license to use Veeam Agent for Linux and the additional support. The overall cost of Veeam Agent for Linux is expensive."
  • "Price-wise it's good."
  • Veeam Agent for Linux Reviews

Wira Chinwong - PeerSpot reviewer
    Service Director at scsi co.,ltd
    Easy to deploy and user-friendly with good technical support and
    • "The initial setup and deployment are easy. It's straightforward."
    • "The solution is pretty stable right now, however, we believe that the solution could be made to be even more stable."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to backup our server.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we were using Veeam Agent for Linux, we didn't have a backup solution for recovery when our server potentially got damaged. This ensures we have a backup should something go wrong.

What is most valuable?

The server deployment is easy. It's quite simple to install.

The product is easy to use when you compare it to other products. The solution has proven itself to be very user-friendly.

Veeam Agent for Windows is also very good.

The solution is very stable.

Technical support is pretty good. They are quite helpful when we have queries.

The initial setup and deployment are easy. It's straightforward.

Backup and Recovery Software
    July 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Veeam Software, Cohesity, Rubrik and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: July 2022.
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using the solution for two or three years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution has been stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable in terms of its performance. We're happy with it in that regard. That said, we hope that in the future, they continue to make the stability even stronger.

The product's function is not meant to be scalable.

We have ten customers on the solution currently.

We do plan to continue to use the product.

We've dealt with technical support in the past and it has been great. We have no complaints. They are very quick to respond. We find them quite helpful. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

The solution is not overly complex or difficult when it comes to the initial setup. We found it to be relatively straightforward. The deployment process was very easy.

What other advice do I have?

This is a cloud-based solution, and as such, we are always using the latest version of the solution. It is automatically updated as required.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've found the product to be very useful and has very good capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

System Engineer at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
    Very good, simple to use, and fits the purpose
    • "It's simple to use."
    • "There isn't much to improve. They just need to follow the trend or the development of other Linux products. Follow in terms of making the product compatible with new versions of Linux. They just need to include as many versions for Linux as possible."

What is our primary use case?

We sell the latest version of Veeam Agent for Linux.

What is most valuable?

It's simple to use.

What needs improvement?

There isn't much to improve. They just need to follow the trend or the development of other Linux products. Follow in terms of making the product compatible with new versions of Linux. They just need to include as many versions for Linux as possible.

It depends on the customer, but we have been using Veeam Agent for Linux for some years now, and we have no problem.

It's stable. You just have to deploy the updates regularly, and that's it.

I don't have direct experience but one of our customers had. He was quite positively surprised. He opened a support case with level 3, which means it's not so urgent. After a few days, when there was no response for him, he opened a new case with level 1. Then they called him straight away and solved the problem.

The initial setup is straight forward. It's simple to install, but then you have to configure it. There are always some specific situations to be considered and put into the plan and then accordingly, consider the solution.

The deployment depends on the configuration, that is, whether you have big environments or small environments. If you have just a few servers, then deployment takes two to three hours altogether, but if you have a big environment, then it takes a couple of days.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a Linux environment and you need to protect it via an agent, that's when you have to use it. Otherwise, you just don't use it. You back up this little machine without initiation.

It is very good, and it fits the purpose. That's a 10 out of 10.

Backup and Recovery Software
    July 2022
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Backup Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Reliable, good support, and allows us to work with individual files

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we have an SAP server that is doing the snapshot. We use Veeam Agent to avoid the snapshot from freezing on the server.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to pick up individual files.

What needs improvement?

The integration needs improvement. It should be easier for my admins.

We have used Veeam for 10 years and added Veeam Agent for Linux recently because we had a need for it.

We started using this solution a couple of months ago.

We are using the latest version.

The stability is pretty good. We are satisfied.

We have a new project that is coming up in the next couple of months with 100 servers with agents. It will be very good.

We are in France, Vietnam, Mauritius, Canada, and Hong Kong. Globally, we have 800 users.

We are very satisfied with Veeam's technical support.

My colleagues have installed the agent on the server. After that, we chose to deploy the agent from the Veeam VBR server, which is more practical for use and more available.

I am a part of a team with 50 people who deploy and maintain this solution.

Licensing costs are monthly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Veeam Agent for Linux an eight out of ten.

Kevin Honde - PeerSpot reviewer
    Data Solution Architect at Econet Wireless Zimbabwe
    Highly scalable, responsive support, but price could be better

What is our primary use case?

Veeam Agent for Linux backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

Veeam Agent for Linux's most valuable feature is the compatibility with virtual machines, such as VMware.

What needs improvement?

The price of Veeam Agent for Linux could be reduced.

I have been using Veeam Agent for Linux for approximately five years.

Veeam Agent for Linux is highly stable. We not have had any issues.

I have found Veeam Agent for Linux highly scalable.

We have approximately 600 systems using Veeam Agent for Linux. We plan to increase usage.

The support for Veeam Agent for Linux is very good, they respond to queries promptly.

We have used other backup solutions. We have different servers using the other solutions.

The initial setup of Veeam Agent for Linux is straightforward. The full deployment was simple and took approximately one week.

We use a third-party consultant for the implementation of Veeam Agent for Linux.

We have four administrators that do the maintenance and support of the solution.

We have purchased a license to use Veeam Agent for Linux and the additional support. The overall cost of Veeam Agent for Linux is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veeam Agent for Linux a seven out of ten.

IT Manager at a logistics company with 11-50 employees
    The deployment is easy because the solution is integrated with all our VMware services and VMs

What is our primary use case?

Veeam Backup automatically takes full image backups, so we don't need an agent installed on a separate system.

I've been using Veeam Agent for more than 10 years.

Veeam Agent for Linux is stable.

Veeam Agent for Linux is scalable.

Veeam has a "next, next, finish" installer, and the overall deployment is straightforward. The deployment is easy because Veeam is compatible with all our VMware services and VMs. Veeam Backup and Veeam ONE are integrated into vCenter or vSphere site deployments, so we don't need to deploy each server one by one.

The Veeam Backup solution or Veeam ONE solution can be deployed through the vCenter management site. The IT team can manage all the VMs and Veeam servers through VMware's management tools. These tools aren't something that the end-users set up or use. It's administered at the system level. We use these tools to manage, deploy, back up or replicate our systems.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veeam Agent for Linus six out of 10. I recommend it for users of Linux solutions, but it's not common.

Information Systems Infrastructure Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reseller
    Secure, reliable, and easy to use, with good disaster recovery

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for disaster recovery and backups.

We are resellers and customizers.

What is most valuable?

I like the incremental backups and their failover.

It's very secure, it protects against ransomware.

I have been using this solution for less than a year. It has been for a very short period of time.

It's quite stable.

It's scalable. If you want more licenses, you can just add on to it. It's quite easy.

Technical support is okay. They could be more customer-friendly.

The installation is quite easy.

Price-wise it's good.

You have to pay for licenses at the enterprise level.

They have many different pricing models.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Veeam Agent for Linux a ten out of ten.

Download our free Backup and Recovery Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Veeam Software, Cohesity, Rubrik, and more!
    Updated: July 2022