Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is #9 ranked solution in top Threat Intelligence Platforms and #17 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is most commonly compared to Check Point IPS: Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System vs Check Point IPS. Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System?

Keep ahead of the latest threats and protect your critical data with ongoing threat prevention and analysis.

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System was previously known as TippingPoint Digital Vaccine, TippingPoint DV, Trend Micro Digital Vaccine, Trend Micro DV, Trend Micro TippingPoint NGIPS.

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Customers

Yapi Kredi

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Video

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System pricing:
"It's an expensive product."

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Reviews

Senior Network Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Very stable with good technical support, but can be quite expensive
  • "The technical support on offer is very good."
  • "The solution is pretty expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email scanning.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at tracking attacks.

The solution automatically upgrades itself well in order to be effective against future attacks.

We can manually bypass IP addresses and DNS entries if we need to.

The technical support on offer is very good.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we are stuck with an older platform, 1400 N. It's more like a software base, so bypassing is done through software. If you go with the newer system, for example, the 4-40s, that's a hardware-based bypass, so those are more powerful. It has more throughput.

The initial setup is not straightforward.

The solution is pretty expensive.

We've been using this solution for many, many years so far. It's been a while at this point.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is excellent. It's 99.9% stable. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is scalable, however, you need to swap the box. It's not the kind of scalability that you can do it via software. You need to swap the box and get a better model to expand it out. That said, it can scale. A company that needs to scale can do so. It just takes a hardware upgrade.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. We've found them to be very good. They are responsive and knowledgeable. They are helpful. We're satisfied with the level of support we receive.

We also use Splunk. We use both together. Splunk will warn us if something is happening, and then we can use TippingPoint to block access as necessary. We tend to use Splunk everywhere.

The initial setup is not so easy. It's not that it's complex, per se. It's just not super-simple. You need some technical folks to manage it. It's not like anybody can do it. You have to have some knowledge. Otherwise, you'll run into a lot of issues.

This is not the cheapest option. The solution is quite expensive.

We're currently looking at Cisco and considering deploying their solution in the new year.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution, however, it depends on what a company needs. Before jumping in, a company needs to ask, themselves questions like: "What's our requirement". That said, for general enterprises, it's a good enough option.

For our organization, however, as of next year, we're going to move away from it and deploy with a Cisco-based solution.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Senior Systems Analyst at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Notifies users when there's a problem then blocks that problem, but doesn't have enough bandwidth to handle a certain amount of traffic, and it can be a bit clunky
  • "What I like about Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is that it works okay. I don't have time to mess with the tool most of the time because I have way too many tasks to do, but Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System tells you when there's a problem, then it blocks the problem, so that's what I like most about it."
  • "I find Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System a bit clunky, and updating it can be a pain in the neck because you need to do it from time to time, so this is what needs to be improved in it. I would also rather have an all-in-one system that does intrusion detection, protection, web filtering, and also serves as a firewall, and my company is moving to an all-in-one solution, but I'm unsure of how soon that's going to be. Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System also doesn't have enough bandwidth to handle the required traffic within my company, so it's going to be replaced."

What is our primary use case?

We use Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System for intrusion detection.

What is most valuable?

What I like about Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is that it works okay. I don't have time to mess with the tool most of the time because I have way too many tasks to do, but Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System tells you when there's a problem, then it blocks the problem, so that's what I like most about it.

What needs improvement?

I find Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System a bit clunky, and updating it can be a pain in the neck because you need to do it from time to time, so this is what needs to be improved in it.

I would also rather have an all-in-one system that does intrusion detection, protection, web filtering, and also serves as a firewall, and my company is moving to an all-in-one solution, but I'm unsure of how soon that's going to be.

I've been using Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System for two years.

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System isn't a scalable tool.

I've never contacted the technical support team of Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System. My boss did, but I have no idea if the support he received was good or not. I've never dealt with support directly.

I wasn't the person who set up Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System. It was here when I took over my position in the company, so I have no idea on whether it was easy or complex to set up.

I can't remember the cost of Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System or if I was the person who paid for it because another person within my company could have handled that, so I'm unable to give a rating for its pricing.

What other advice do I have?

My company currently uses Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System.

Everyone's using Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System within the company, in particular, hundreds of users because it's in-between the firewall and internet connection.

My advice to anyone who wants to start implementing the solution is not to buy the old model.

My rating for Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is six out of ten.

My company is a Trend Micro customer.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
September 2022
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
C.I.S.O. at ENERSA
Pioneer in the IPS industry with simple and intuitive setup
  • "Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is very stable. In addition, the provider gives notice of any changes well in advance, which is important for planning updates."
  • "Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System needs strong Spanish-language support."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is an IPS solution for the prevention of intrusions.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is an amazing product for me because it has three modes of use. The mode we were recommended meets all of our needs.

The solution is a pioneer in the IPS industry. Also, having a legal and transparent bounty program gives Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System a very strong competitive advantage.

What needs improvement?

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System needs strong Spanish-language support.

In addition, the user interface was built with Java and does not allow you to see all your options on the monitor. A new interface, perhaps one built on HTML 5, would be great.

I have been using Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System for approximately 12 years.

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is scalable.

My experience with Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System's customer service has been good. Their ticket system allows us to open support cases and receive assistance quickly. In our case, we work closely with the solution's representative in Argentina, Trend Argentina. We get advice on technical advisors, zero days, vulnerabilities, early alerts, and warnings.

The initial setup was simple and intuitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would give Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System a nine out of 10 for overall performance.

Technical Manager at Digital World
Good intrusion prevention that integrates well, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to inspect the data packets before they can enter the firewall. Then, the packets can enter into our LAN infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The intrusion prevention and detection are nice.

It integrates easily.

What needs improvement?

It integrates well but it takes time. The integration process should be faster.

We have been providing this solution for two to three years, maximum.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product, but we haven't explored this area. We just install for the customers.

We have only two customers currently, who are using this solution.

Technical support is very good.

The installation is easy.

It will take a half-day easily to deploy. Almost five hours.

You only need one Level-3 engineer to deploy and maintain this solution.

It's an expensive product. The price could be reduced.

Customers need to pay for a license along with the appliance.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

From my understanding, this is a very useful solution for the government sector.

I would rate Trend Micro Tipping NGIPS a nine out of ten.

Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and more!
Updated: September 2022