IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is #9 ranked solution in top Threat Intelligence Platforms and #17 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is most commonly compared to Check Point IPS: Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System vs Check Point IPS. Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System?

Keep ahead of the latest threats and protect your critical data with ongoing threat prevention and analysis.

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System was previously known as TippingPoint Digital Vaccine, TippingPoint DV, Trend Micro Digital Vaccine, Trend Micro DV, Trend Micro TippingPoint NGIPS.

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Customers

Yapi Kredi

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Video

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System pricing:
"It's an expensive product."

Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System Reviews

Senior Network Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Very stable with good technical support, but can be quite expensive
  • "The technical support on offer is very good."
  • "The solution is pretty expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email scanning.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at tracking attacks.

The solution automatically upgrades itself well in order to be effective against future attacks.

We can manually bypass IP addresses and DNS entries if we need to.

The technical support on offer is very good.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we are stuck with an older platform, 1400 N. It's more like a software base, so bypassing is done through software. If you go with the newer system, for example, the 4-40s, that's a hardware-based bypass, so those are more powerful. It has more throughput.

The initial setup is not straightforward.

The solution is pretty expensive.

We've been using this solution for many, many years so far. It's been a while at this point.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: July 2022.
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is excellent. It's 99.9% stable. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is scalable, however, you need to swap the box. It's not the kind of scalability that you can do it via software. You need to swap the box and get a better model to expand it out. That said, it can scale. A company that needs to scale can do so. It just takes a hardware upgrade.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. We've found them to be very good. They are responsive and knowledgeable. They are helpful. We're satisfied with the level of support we receive.

We also use Splunk. We use both together. Splunk will warn us if something is happening, and then we can use TippingPoint to block access as necessary. We tend to use Splunk everywhere.

The initial setup is not so easy. It's not that it's complex, per se. It's just not super-simple. You need some technical folks to manage it. It's not like anybody can do it. You have to have some knowledge. Otherwise, you'll run into a lot of issues.

This is not the cheapest option. The solution is quite expensive.

We're currently looking at Cisco and considering deploying their solution in the new year.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution, however, it depends on what a company needs. Before jumping in, a company needs to ask, themselves questions like: "What's our requirement". That said, for general enterprises, it's a good enough option.

For our organization, however, as of next year, we're going to move away from it and deploy with a Cisco-based solution.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Technical Manager at Digital World
Good intrusion prevention that integrates well, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to inspect the data packets before they can enter the firewall. Then, the packets can enter into our LAN infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The intrusion prevention and detection are nice.

It integrates easily.

What needs improvement?

It integrates well but it takes time. The integration process should be faster.

We have been providing this solution for two to three years, maximum.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product, but we haven't explored this area. We just install for the customers.

We have only two customers currently, who are using this solution.

Technical support is very good.

The installation is easy.

It will take a half-day easily to deploy. Almost five hours.

You only need one Level-3 engineer to deploy and maintain this solution.

It's an expensive product. The price could be reduced.

Customers need to pay for a license along with the appliance.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

From my understanding, this is a very useful solution for the government sector.

I would rate Trend Micro Tipping NGIPS a nine out of ten.

Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and more!
Updated: July 2022