Toad Data Modeler OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Toad Data Modeler is the #8 ranked solution in top Database Development and Management tools. PeerSpot users give Toad Data Modeler an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Toad Data Modeler is most commonly compared to Oracle SQL Developer: Toad Data Modeler vs Oracle SQL Developer. Toad Data Modeler is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a government, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Database Development and Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Toad Data Modeler?

Toad Data Modeler helps you create high-quality data models. This data modeling tool enables you to easily deploy accurate changes to data structures across more than 20 different platforms.

Toad Data Modeler was previously known as Toad.

Toad Data Modeler Customers

Zions Bancorporation

Toad Data Modeler Video

Toad Data Modeler Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Toad Data Modeler pricing:
"Though I'm not involved in the licensing for Toad Data Modeler, I believe it's per user and not cheap."

Toad Data Modeler Reviews

Senior engineer at Unit
Straightforward to use and has good scalability; necessary for schema generation and modeling from scratch
  • "I found all features valuable and necessary in Toad Data Modeler, particularly how good the solution is for modeling, database schema generation, and database re-engineering. I also found Toad Data Modeler straightforward to use."
  • "What could be improved in Toad Data Modeler is stability and the complex setup."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using Toad Data Modeler for modeling from scratch, generating database schema, re-engineering an existing database into a data model, making some changes, and generating a new schema.

What is most valuable?

I found all features valuable and necessary in Toad Data Modeler, particularly how good the solution is for modeling, database schema generation, and database re-engineering.

I also found Toad Data Modeler straightforward to use.

What needs improvement?

What could be improved in Toad Data Modeler is stability and the complex setup.

I've been using Toad Data Modeler for three or four years now.

Database Development and Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Quest Software, IDERA, Oracle and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Sometimes, Toad Data Modeler crashes, so I'd say stability-wise, it's pretty good but not excellent.

Toad Data Modeler has good scalability.

I've contacted Toad Data Modeler support two or three times, and on a scale of one to five, I'd rate support a five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

It's been so long since I last used erwin Data Modeler, and I'm not sure how that tool is today, but from what I heard, Toad Data Modeler has more functionality than erwin Data Modeler.

Setting up Toad Data Modeler is quite complex, but in terms of usage, it's pretty straightforward.

Though I'm not involved in the licensing for Toad Data Modeler, I believe it's per user and not cheap.

What other advice do I have?

I'm mainly using Toad Data Modeler from Quest.

Two to three people, including myself, use Toad Data Modeler within the company. At the moment, increasing usage for the solution isn't on the table, but it could happen further down the line, mainly when others use it for Postgres. I'm using it for Oracle databases.

Only one developer is required for the deployment of the Toad Data Modeler.

I'd recommend Toad Data Modeler to other people who may want to start using it.

My rating for Toad Data Modeler is nine out of ten.

Download our free Database Development and Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Quest Software, IDERA, Oracle, and more!
Updated: November 2022