Sparx Pro Cloud Server OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sparx Pro Cloud Server is the #14 ranked solution in top Enterprise Architecture Management tools. PeerSpot users give Sparx Pro Cloud Server an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Sparx Pro Cloud Server is most commonly compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: Sparx Pro Cloud Server vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. Sparx Pro Cloud Server is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 82% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a manufacturing company, accounting for 13% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Sparx Pro Cloud Server?

Share, review and inform

Pro Cloud Server opens your entire enterprise to your modeling efforts, enabling stakeholders to have secure access for discussion and review. WebEA, hosted on Pro Cloud Server, complements Enterprise Architect by providing a real-time view of project content, anywhere, anytime....

Sparx Pro Cloud Server Video

Sparx Pro Cloud Server Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sparx Pro Cloud Server pricing:
"The solution's Ultimate Plan costs $399 per year."

Sparx Pro Cloud Server Reviews

Jean-Francois Boyer - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Project Manager at Vaudoise Assurances
Scalable and reasonably priced with good technical support
  • "We have found the technical support to be helpful."
  • "The user-friendliness could be even better."

What is our primary use case?

I use Pro Cloud for just connecting my Enterprise Architect on-premise to the Prolaborate; it's a technical usage, not a functional one. What I use functionally is Prolaborate, not Pro Cloud.

We use the solution for different activities. This is for enterprise and solution architecture, so it's all about the TOGAF continuum documentation with application mapping services, objects on cities that we are manipulating internally. This is also used on projects, and I'm the project manager for a big IT transformation project. Enterprise Architect is my main repository for design. I've got all my, let's say, requirements, data entity, data transformation, and REST API documentation also there.

What is most valuable?

Why I use Pro Cloud is to use Prolaborate. To use Prolaborate, you need Pro Cloud, and Pro Cloud has a more user-friendly interface. Sharing my diagrams with a large community of people is easy, as it's user-friendly on the web.

You can collaborate and see comments and discussions around diagrams. We have introduced Prolaborate to extend the usage within the organization.

The solution can scale well.

We have found the technical support to be helpful.

The pricing is reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The user-friendliness could be even better.

I've been looking at some alternative solutions, as it's very difficult to document in an Enterprise Architect model, a data model that's NoSQL. It's a very old-fashioned relational database. If you want to document a diagram, it's very good. If you are working on a relational database model it's fine for a primary key or foreign key kind of thing. That said, today we work on a NoSQL database, Triplestore, RDF, and Symantec. It's very difficult. I know that some competitors enable more NoSQL capability documentation for the objects. I know that erwin, for example, released a new version at the beginning of the year that extended the capability to document in a more efficient way a nonrational model.

I started using the solution a year ago.

Enterprise Architecture Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Sparx Systems, Orbus Software, Software AG and others in Enterprise Architecture Management. Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very scalable. We have just under 100 users at this time. We are extending usage right now to 100 users.

Technical support is very good. they provide excellent assistance when we need it. We are satisfied with the level of support we get.

Initially, I joined the company a year ago and Sparx System was in place, however, we wrote Pro Cloud and Prolaborate and I was the one introducing Pro Cloud and Prolaborate.

The ramp-up in the tool is difficult to access. I'm talking about the Sparx System, not Prolaborate. It's not that user-friendly, and therefore there's a learning curve. It can be difficult for some of the people collaborating on the product.

The pricing is quite good. When it comes to functionality vs cost, the product provides a good balance. It's a quality solution and provides good value for money spent. Other options are much more expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Solutions Architect
A stable solution for developing structural components and system roadmaps

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses the solution to develop roadmaps for systems. We have seven architects who focus on structural components for projects.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable feature is ArchiMate which I use daily.

What needs improvement?

The solution should allow easier access with enhanced customization options for web page DHTML. The solution does not work well with some browsers so I have to export DHTML work for visualization.

I have been using the solution for one year.

The solution is stable.

I contacted technical support for assistance with configuring the server.

I believe their help is useful but there is a language barrier because I am not fluent in English. No Spanish language option was offered to me.

The initial setup was complex because the server can be configured many ways and I did not have the knowledge base to make informed decisions.

We implemented the solution in-house.

The solution's Ultimate Plan costs $399 per year.

What other advice do I have?

The solution works well for me and I recommend it.

I rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Other
Download our free Enterprise Architecture Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sparx Systems, Orbus Software, Software AG, and more!
Updated: November 2022