Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Sophos Virtualization Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sophos Virtualization Security is #4 ranked solution in top Virtualization Security tools. PeerSpot users give Sophos Virtualization Security an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Sophos Virtualization Security is most commonly compared to Trend Micro Deep Security: Sophos Virtualization Security vs Trend Micro Deep Security.

Download the Virtualization Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Sophos Virtualization Security?
Sophos Virtualization Security is designed to efficiently secure virtual environments running on either VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V. It eliminates scan storms and update storms by offloading malware detection to a centralized security virtual machine. It Keeps Virtualized servers running at peak performance while staying protected from malicious attacks with on-access, on-demand, or scheduled malware detection, as well as automated, multi-component clean-up. Sophos Virtualization Security provides real-time capabilities to provide strong protection for your servers and data against malware, including zero-day attacks.
Sophos Virtualization Security Customers
UK National Health Service
Sophos Virtualization Security Video

Sophos Virtualization Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sophos Virtualization Security pricing:
"Depending on the subscription, the price ranges from $700 to $1,000. There's a subscription for the antivirus and malware and another that includes web and email. So you might need that extended subscription if you were housing an email firewall. Otherwise, you pay a flat rate for the firewall. It's not based on the number of users."

Sophos Virtualization Security Reviews

Senior Systems Tech/Admin at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Stable security and VPN solutions
  • "I like Sophos Virtualization Security's built-in antivirus and malware protection. The firewalls are pretty stable. It's just a matter of updating the virus signatures, and they're pretty good about providing those updates regularly."
  • "I wish Sophos could offer the solution at a lower price, but I doubt they will."

What is our primary use case?

We use Sophos virtual appliance for remote access to our application and for VPN.

What is most valuable?

I like Sophos Virtualization Security in particular the virtual appliances built-in antivirus and firewall security and threat protection equivalent to the hardware appliances. These virtual firewalls are pretty stable. With valid subscription You can easily deploy a web application firewall, secure email or web gateway, VPN, next-gen firewall or unified threat management system within your existing virtual infrastructure.

I've been working with Sophos Virtualization Security for more than a year.

Sophos is pretty scalable. However, you have to invest in memory on the virtual server because Sophos is not cheap on memory. It requires more memory to do its job.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Sophos, Trend Micro, Juniper and others in Virtualization Security. Updated: September 2022.
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I would say Sophos support is usually pretty good.

The setup is pretty straightforward. You just go to the portal and select when you want updates to happen. You usually set it to update in the very early morning when nobody's using the system.

I wish Sophos could offer the solution at a lower price, but I doubt they will. Depending on the subscription, the price ranges from $700 to $1,000. There's a subscription for the antivirus and malware and another that includes web and email. So you might need that extended subscription if you were housing an email firewall. Otherwise, you pay a flat rate for the firewall. It's not based on the number of users.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Virtualization Security Review nine out of 10.

Technical Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Scales well for every environment and notifies us about potential infections
  • "When it comes to their firewall, it notified me about a possible infection."
  • "I would like to see some new features for improving the security part of the solution."

What is most valuable?

When it comes to their firewall, it notified me about a possible infection.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some new features for improving the security part of the solution. The firewall should be worked on to catch up with security.

I've been working with the Sophos distributor channel for two years now and I was working with the retail channel for three years. So roughly I've been doing this for over five years.

We have found that it scales well for every environment. Depending on how well you size particular solutions. So to be able to size it well for the environment scalability isn't a problem. One good thing about it is that it now has some new features to help is scale better.

The technical support has been good.

Sophos Virtualization Security is very straightforward. It's very simple to set up. It depends on the platform for how long it takes to set up. It shouldn't take more than five minutes. It should be a simple setup.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Sophos Virtualization security with an eight on a scale of ten.

September 2022
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jean Desir - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr Network Engineer at Raptor Trading
Good VM security, VLP, and threat protection

What is our primary use case?

We use Sophos Virtualization Security for our management team only.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution are VM security, VLP, and threat protection.

What needs improvement?

Sophos Virtualization Security requires more usage. For example, if you have a virtual service line of 100 nodes, you are unable to deploy them from the console to a particular environment.

Previously we were using Symantec. We switched because we realized Symantec wasn't doing anything for us.

What other advice do I have?

Download our free Virtualization Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sophos, Trend Micro, Juniper, and more!
Updated: September 2022