IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Head-Information Technology at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
Utilizes machine learning functionality and provides good cloud-based administration
  • "The most valuable features are the anti-ransomware engine, deep learning, web filtering, and the cloud manageability."
  • "I would like to have a built-in firewall, rather than having to integrate one."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a built-in firewall, rather than having to integrate one. Having both a personal firewall and an endpoint firewall would be an improvement. It does have firewall monitoring capability but it is integrated with the Windows firewall. Having their own endpoint firewall would be better.

We have been working with Sophos Intercept X for about two weeks.

Sophos Intercept X
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

With respect to stability, given that we have only been using it for a couple of weeks, it is too early to tell. That said, we have not experienced any issues so far.

Scalability has not been a problem.

I have not had any issues, yet, that necessitated contacting technical support.

Prior to Sophos, we were using a product by Symantec. The first difference is the deep learning or machine learning aspect. The second is the cloud administration capabilities. They both support cloud but the administration is better in Sophos.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I find the pricing to be a little bit expensive, although it is acceptable, for now.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the company and its environment, but for a company like us, I recommend Sophos.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

AbedEl-HamidAl-Wahidy - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Support at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Smart protection and machine learning capabilities are good

What is our primary use case?

We currently have about 13 staff using Intercept X. We use it to secure and protect our devices as well as monitor projects and do some product reviews. You can also use it to block devices as needed, like if you just want to block a work point category.

What is most valuable?

Intercept X's smart prevention it's very good as so are its machine learning capabilities for troubleshooting channels and files.

What needs improvement?

Intercept X needs more reporting and device management features, so I can get messages from PCs that let me know if I need to do something with them. For example, they could add a report that shows me the versions of the devices on the infrastructure server, so I can make sure all the devices are updated.

I've used Intercept X for three years.

Intercept X is good in terms of both performance and stability. It's not constantly updating the device or using up too many resources.

I would say that Intercept X is easy to scale.

Sophos support is very good. I don't talk to them that much, though. I can usually handle everything because it's not complicated. However, in the past, I have contacted support because there were some features I didn't know how to use or configure.

The setup was simple. I deployed this by myself. Though my team and I got some help from the vendor for new features that I didn't know about.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Intercept X eight out of 10

Sophos Intercept X
July 2022
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Vuli Moyo - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Technician at Zimbabwe School of MInes
A scalable, stable and easily installable solution
  • "The solution is scalable."
  • "Through Sophos Central I would like to see the ability to zero in and produce a report about the challenges being faced by a particular machine and user, to know if a virus is appearing only on that specific machine or also on others."

What is our primary use case?

I am not in the office at the moment and would have to check which version we are using.

What is most valuable?

We have a firewall, for which we will be adding support and integration capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Through Sophos Central I would like to see the ability to zero in and produce a report about the challenges being faced by a particular machine and user, to know if a virus is appearing only on that specific machine or also on others. This way I could know if a virus or issue is a result of an identifiable program that the user may have downloaded.

Also, while the tamper protection is a very good feature, it requires of me to first login to Sophos Central and then look for the Sophos protection password for the particular machine I wish to use. While this is definitely good, this could pose an issue when the internet connection is not working up to speed, something which is occasionally problematic for some of us here in Africa.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for three years.

From what I can observe, I would say that the solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

You provide us with technical support through our partner relationship.

The initial set up for me was not an issue. I found it to be simple and straightforward, although I cannot recall how long it took, as it has been a while.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Sophos Intercept X as a ten out of ten.

Terry Cheung - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Director at TopSOC
Cost-effective, useful, and straightforward installation
  • "The performance is good."
  • "It would be beneficial if you could expand support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 without charging an additional fee."

What is our primary use case?

Sophos Intercept X is primarily used as an antivirus. It's a next-generation antivirus solution.

What is most valuable?

It's quite useful.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The installation process could be faster.

They can reduce the size of the software that is required.

I have been providing Sophos Intercept X for more than two years.

We began with an on-premises installation, the endpoint devices and PCs on the server, but the console is hosted in the cloud.

Sophos Intercept X is a stable solution.

Sophos Intercept X is scalable.

We have a few hundred users.

Our clients have contacted technical support.

The installation is straightforward, but occasionally, you encounter issues, and you have to perform the installation again.

We have two or three administrators to manage Sophos Intercept X.

Clients have to pay licensing fees. They offer both monthly and yearly licenses.

We sell MSP, manage service provider perpetual licenses.

On top of that, they have the option of purchasing additional features. They now include HDR, endpoint detection, and response features. That is an additional license that you can purchase and use with the same software.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering using it.

It is cost-effective, I would rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

Cyber Security Analyst at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Plenty of features, effective ransomware protection, and good interface
  • "The most valuable feature is the CryptoGuard in Sophos. In a case of a ransomware attack, this feature comes into action to protect us."

What is our primary use case?

We have deployed Sophos Intercept X in our environment, both on desktop as well as server environments. We have set up policies in Sophos. For example, there is a web console that can allow or block websites, and you choose what peripheral control you want your desktop environment to connect to.

We use threat protection and we configure the settings to what we want to enable or disable on a particular device. If a device had a threat on it we can disable the device.

The application control allows us to limit the application that users can install on their devices.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the CryptoGuard in Sophos. In a case of a ransomware attack, this feature comes into action to protect us. Additionally, the under interface, customization, and integration are very good.

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 450 users in my organization.

The technical support is good.

You are able to purchase more licenses for the number of devices or servers that you require.

There are many other features available but our license does not include them, such as XDR, which is endpoint detection and response. We have not explored the new features as of yet but plan to in the coming future.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Intercept X a nine out of ten.

AdemolaOlamide - PeerSpot reviewer
    Business Development Manager at CLC Africa
    Stable and scalable solution that provides endpoint detection and response, email protection, and data loss prevention
    • "Solution for endpoint detection and response, with good stability and scalability. Users also benefit from email protection and data loss prevention."
    • "Installing Sophos Intercept X was not as straightforward, as we had to ask support and had to work with an integrator, though the process didn't take much time, e.g. it was completed within one hour."

What is our primary use case?

We use a normal EDR solution in the office: Sophos Intercept X, for endpoint detection and response, email protection, and data loss prevention.

I've been using Sophos Intercept X for a long time, and I'm currently in my second year of using the solution.

Sophos Intercept X is a very stable solution.

My impression of Sophos Intercept X is that it's a scalable solution.

For the installation of Sophos Intercept X, we had to ask support from their sales staff. The installation process didn't take much time, as it was completed within an hour.

We implemented the solution through an integrator.

We pay for the Sophos Intercept X license annually.

We were initially using ESET.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not yet satisfied with Sophos Intercept X, but I know how to use it. It's good for now, so I can't think of what I'd like to change in the solution.

We have up to 25 users of Sophos Intercept X, and one person in charge of the deployment and maintenance of the solution. For the installation, that person works with an external consultant.

I'm recommending this solution to others who may want to start using it.

I'm rating Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Easy to configure, good threat detection capability, and the support is perfect
    • "This solution is easy to configure."
    • "The endpoint detection and response (EDR) technology has room for improvement because the information that it gives us to resolve our problems is poor nowadays."

What is our primary use case?

This product is primarily used for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the threat detection capability.

This solution is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

The endpoint detection and response (EDR) technology has room for improvement because the information that it gives us to resolve our problems is poor nowadays. It's not sufficient.

I would like to see remote desktop support. For example, if you have a problem with your device, maybe the support team can log in and help to fix the problem using a remote connection.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for the past year and a half, and have just renewed my subscription for another year.

Stability-wise, Sophos Intercept X is good. I have not experienced any bugs or problems with it.

The scalability is very good. We have 130 users.

I would rate the technical support and ten out of ten. They are perfect.

The initial setup is easy.

I deployed this product myself and the process took about two months.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing this product is that it is easy to implement, quick to deploy, and has a lot of tools to detect malicious behavior. I can recommend it to others.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Team leader Modern Workplace, Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Antivirus and ransomware protection that is dependable and can be installed in less than a day
    • "Ransomware protection is the most valuable feature of this solution."
    • "I would like to see better support for virtual and desktop infrastructures."

What is our primary use case?

We are solution providers.

Sophos Intercept X is used as an endpoint antivirus solution and ransomware protection.

What is most valuable?

Ransomware protection is the most valuable feature of this solution.

I am totally satisfied with this product.

What needs improvement?

It could be updated less frequently.

I would like to see better support for virtual and desktop infrastructures.

I have been working with Sophos Intercept X for five or six years.

For the most part, Sophos Intercept X is a stable solution.

Sophos Intercept X is absolutely scalable.

In our company, we have 60 users.

The support needs improvement.

Previously, we used Sophos Endpoint Protection.

We decommissioned Sophos Endpoint three years ago.

The installation is straightforward. It can be done in five minutes.

We need one engineer to deploy and maintain this solution.

Every user can install this solution themselves.

Licensing fees are paid monthly.

In addition to the licensing fees, there are no added expenses.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering it.

I would suggest that they manage and test the exceptions for different cases.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

Download our free Sophos Intercept X Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022