IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Ramco HCM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ramco HCM is #2 ranked solution in best Applicant Tracking Systems, #5 ranked solution in top Cloud HCM tools, #8 ranked solution in top Benefits Administration tools, and #10 ranked solution in top Talent Management tools. PeerSpot users give Ramco HCM an average rating of 8 out of 10. Ramco HCM is most commonly compared to Oracle HCM Cloud: Ramco HCM vs Oracle HCM Cloud. Ramco HCM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 37% of all views.
Ramco HCM Buyer's Guide

Download the Ramco HCM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Ramco HCM?

Ramco HR & Global Payroll is a complete and refreshingly simple cloud HR software covering HR needs from hire to retire. It offers Core HR, Time and Attendance, Global Payroll (across 45+ countries), Talent Management, Recruitment, Planning & Analytics. Ramco HCM empowers through innovative tech like bots, Zero UI, mobility, in-memory payroll, enabling Digital HR.

Ramco HCM’s unique offerings encompasses but not limited to

• Unified HR platform with Global Payroll

• Use of Chat-bots

• Rapid Deployment capabilities

• EmpSense - an app to capture employee mood in real-time

• Talent Tagging - helps managers tag skill-sets to employees for identifying right employee for a project

• SMS based Employee Self Service ESS - allows users to apply leave, raise queries,via a text message

Ramco HR & Global Payroll is scalable and can be deployed on cloud or on-premise. It integrates with most of the existing ERP, Financial business applications. It caters to medium and large enterprises- 500+ to 100000+ employees. For more details, please visit http://bit.ly/2cIqeCq.

Ramco is a fast growing cloud enterprise software player across HR and Global Payroll, ERP, Asset Management, Logistics and Aviation MRO. Trusted over 500+ multinationals, Ramco has been recognized by Nelson Hall, Everest Group, CIO Honour, Human Resources Group & CIO Choice

Trusted over 400+ multinationals across 35+ countries, Ramco HCM has been globally recognized by Nelson Hall, Everest Group, CIO Honour, Human Resources Group & CIO Choice.

Click here for more information or write to us at contact@ramco.com.

Ramco HCM Customers

Lifestyle, Bata, Dabur

Ramco HCM Video

Archived Ramco HCM Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user617400 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Business Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Allows you to write customer business logic into rules. There is room for improvement of the user interface.

What is most valuable?

Excel upload for all multi-line inputs. This allows users to upload data to any tabular input fields. If the user has to enter expenses (multiple line items), this requires him to manually update multiple fields for a single line item of expense before moving to the next line item. There is a quicker way of doing this. This tool allows him to update all the fields of an expense line item in an Excel sheet. He can add as many such line items as he wants. He can upload this Excel file and voila, all rows get populated on the screen. This is far more convenient than punching each line item on the screen. The provision to write customer business logic into rules.

How has it helped my organization?

The UI has improved a lot. Emphasis is also being given to testing to make sure it’s bug free. There is a product roadmap.

What needs improvement?

User interface Testing the application to ensure that it is bug free Allowing the end user, who has no technical knowhow, to make and run custom reports User Experience: The earlier version of Ramco was not intuitive from a user experience perspective. Ramco has done a lot of work in making the UI more convenient for the user. Testing: Ensuring that the product is bug free. There were so many bugs in the older releases. Product teams are more focused now on testing the product.

I have been using this solution for 18 months.
Ramco HCM
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Ramco HCM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There are several stability glitches which one encounters after each upgrade cycle.

For a multi-country setup, some of the data structures can’t be extended.

Support is improving, but a lot needs to be done.

We previously used SAP. Ramco is lightweight both in terms of cost and functionality compared to SAP.

The setup was straightforward. The trouble starts when a customer intends to customize the solution.

It is priced fairly. Instead of negotiating about price, I recommend trying to extract a better SLA for services and a concrete roadmap.

We looked at SAP, Oracle, and other cloud based solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Don’t expect “SAP-like" comprehensive functionality. Ramco delivers value for a simple straight out-of-the-box solution. Don’t customize, or else you will have to pay too much for too little value.
it_user616047 - PeerSpot reviewer
Functional Consultant-IT Services at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It is a flexible product that you can mold to fit your business needs.

What is most valuable?

It is a complete HCM suite from hire to retire that streamlines business requirements.

It is a very robust system.

It is a flexible product that you can mold to fit your business needs.

Modules include: Core HR, Leave, Time, Recruitment, PMS, Training, Payroll, Travel, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

I am working as an analyst in Ramco HCM implementations. I have worked for quite a few companies in the Indian market and I can say that the product has streamlined the company’s processes to a great extent.

What needs improvement?

It can improve on the Comp Off and On Duty leave management process and can include real time Google Maps instead of geo-tagging to track the real location of employees. Workflow Mailers can be improved as well.

I have been using this for two years to date.

The product is very stable if there are no big customizations.

The product can accommodate the requirements of even a very vast and dynamic organization.

Ramco has improved technical support a lot. Having said that, they have a technical team in Chennai who receive the bug reports and they deliver the fix within the given TAT.

I haven't had a different solution, but I have had customers like DHFL saying that they replaced Oracle with Ramco HCM because Oracle was not able to cater their customized requirements.

The initial setup is pretty easy to configure through the front end. Only the customizations are a little complex.

I consider this product in HCM as the best buy as despite the vanilla implementation it also handles customizations at a very reasonable cost.

Frankly, I haven’t worked on any other products apart from Ramco.

What other advice do I have?

I would say, “just go for it”.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My employer is a partner with Ramco.
Ramco HCM
June 2022
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user613545 - PeerSpot reviewer
Human Resources Information System Product Specialist (Ramco HCM) at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
With Mail It, we can do our transactions through email-based requests.

What is most valuable?

Ramco HCM has these main features, which they call Mail It, Thumb It, Hub It, and Bot It:

• Mail It: We can do our transactions through simple email-based requests.
  • Thumb It: HCM Apps that can be completed by following the thumb’s natural, sweeping arc.
  • Hub It: Consolidate multiple screens into one powerful user experience.
  • Bot It: Do your transactions using chat with a bot that is assigned to your company. (Bots.ramco.com)

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the flexibility to create reports suitable to the company because the standard reports from Ramco are so conservative. People usually will do modifications and it takes quite a lot of man-days just to create a report.

I have used it for around 6-7 months.

We have not yet encountered any stability issues.

We have not yet encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 6.5 out of 10.

We previously were using several different Oracle solutions, and it didn’t work effectively.

If the implementation is without modification for any of the modules, it’s really simple using their QiK tool; the implementation takes around 2-3 months to go live.

For pricing, they count based on your user admin, ESS (MSS) without payroll, or ESS (MSS) with payroll.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

The information about your company data, workflow, all of it must come out with details.

Download our free Ramco HCM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022