The solution is basically used for load balancing. We do build for load balancing as well. We have several load balancers in the physical and cloud space. We started using it for GTM and also use it for some iRules scripting and to modify the SDP draft.
Radware Alteon is #8 ranked solution in top Application Delivery Controllers. PeerSpot users give Radware Alteon an average rating of 8.8 out of 10. Radware Alteon is most commonly compared to F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM): Radware Alteon vs F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM). Radware Alteon is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
Radware Alteon OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Radware Alteon OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022
What is Radware Alteon?
Radware Alteon is an application delivery controller (ADC) solution that provides global load balancing for all web, cloud and mobile-based applications. The solution is designed to help your organization simplify operations while ensuring resilience and SLA. It manages application traffic across both data and cloud center locations, optimizing availability and performance. In addition, Radware Alteon integrates multiple application protection services to provide protection against an array of cyberthreats.
Radware Alteon Features
Radware Alteon has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Load-balancing reverse proxy
- Guaranteed application availability
- Application aware traffic redirection capabilities
- Faster web application response time
- Application specific optimized configuration guides
- Configuration templates
- Built-in virtualization
- Built-in application and network security
Radware Alteon Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing Radware Alteon. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Flexible deployment options: Radware Alteon is deployable in a multitude of form factors, including on-premises, virtual, and cloud, and provides a consistent application delivery and security service in any application environment.
- Automation scripts library: To support faster time to service for complex application delivery and security services, Alteon is supported by an extensive range of automation scripts library. This also enables seamless integration of Radware Alteon services into the DevOps CI/CD processes.
- Integrated application protection: The solution offers comprehensive application protection via embedded WAF, bot management, threat intelligence, and API protection capabilities. This ensures application availability and helps to minimize false positives, as well as keep applications along with their data secure.
- Actionable visibility: With Radware Alteon you can stay ahead of issues and threats. The solution provides real-time visibility and actionable insights for proactive management of application availability and security issues before the user experience is impacted.
Reviews from Real Users
Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the solution.
PeerSpot reviewer Jefe de implementaciones de Datos at RETO Industrial S.A. de. C.V., mentions, “The simple and well-documented configuration allows us to be able to implement new balancing services at the request of the user with the same conditions and good service that they expect. We can also make changes to services that are already running, as I mentioned before, the graphical interface is very intuitive and you can almost always make the most common changes quickly. Radware has been characterized by being extremely robust. This gives us the confidence to offer our users a continuous service.”
A director of consulting says, “The most valuable features are the load-balancing and reverse proxy. Global-load balancing as well is valuable. I also find it to be stable. To date, we have not had any issues with it.”
An SOC Specialist at a tech services company explains, “The interface is easy, it's friendly, and has good alerting. When you have a problem with a server, it will alert you. It is useful in many areas, especially for web applications and load balancing. It's something that the customer can see on the internet.”
Radware Alteon was previously known as Alteon.
Radware Alteon Customers
Radware Alteon Video
Radware Alteon Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Radware Alteon pricing:
"It has a good price point and is more reasonable than other comparable products"
Radware Alteon Reviews
Application Delivery Controllers (ADC)
Find out what your peers are saying about Radware, F5, Citrix and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: July 2022.
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.