Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway is #14 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways and #16 ranked solution in top Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) tools. PeerSpot users give Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway is most commonly compared to Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks: Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway vs Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks. Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway?

Netskope’s Next Generation SWG is a cloud-based web security solution that prevents malware, detects advanced threats, filters by category, protects data, and controls app use for any user, location, device. It unifies our industry-leading CASB, SWG, and DLP into common policy controls with custom reporting and rich metadata for ad-hoc queries.

Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway Customers
Arrow, Cloudrise, Sainsbury, Evalueserve, Stroock, Apria, Ather Energy, CSA, AVX Corporation Nuna, City of San Diego Case, Genomic Health Case Study, Oak Hill Advisors, MaRS Discovery District.
Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway Video

Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway pricing:
  • "We pay a licensing fee of $10,000 on a yearly basis."
  • "The price is average. Because the license is user-based, you can increase it as per the user quantity."
  • "The license model is based on the number of users. You have the possibility to have 10,000 users if you wish."
  • Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway Reviews

Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Scalable with good technical support and very good data leak prevention
    • "We've found the solution to be quite stable."
    • "The initial setup is a bit complex in that it takes a lot of time. In order to get the product to work as you need it to, there is a lot of configuration required."

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution for protecting the navigation of the users. We use it for data filtration and protection.

What is most valuable?

So far, the solution has been excellent.

The solution's data leak prevention is its most valuable aspect.

We've found the solution to be quite stable.

The solution can scale if you need it to.

Technical support is excellent.

What needs improvement?

We're quite new to the service. I haven't noticed any shortfalls or downsides just yet.

The information in the dashboards is not in real-time. Maybe they have a delay of one hour in the network. They have to improve that. It should be in real-time.

I've only been using the solution for two months or so. It hasn't been too long.

Secure Web Gateways (SWG)
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Netskope, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Secure Web Gateways (SWG). Updated: September 2022.
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very good for securing your endpoints. It's stable. We haven't had any issues so far. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not buggy. There aren't glitches. It's good.

The product has a lot of infrastructure. The scalability potential is very good. If a company needs to expand the solution, they can do so. It's very easy.

We have 103 users right now.

We do plan to increase usage in the future.

So far, technical support has been excellent. We're very happy with the level of service we are provided. They are helpful and responsive.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup and implementation are not straightforward. It was complex and time-consuming.

We had to change the way that we navigate things and we needed to install the client on all of the computers. However, it needs a lot of configuration to do the things that we wanted to do.

The full setup and deployment took about one month to complete in total.

Only five people are needed for deployment and maintenance.

We had assistance with the implementation. We had a reseller that assisted us, as well as the provider. Overall, our experience, while working with them, was positive.

We pay a licensing fee of $10,000 on a yearly basis.

There are no costs beyond the standard licensing fees.

Before choosing this product, we looked at Zscaler as an option. This solution, according to reviews, seemed to offer more benefits, and therefore we chose to go with it.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

It's a good solution for securing endpoints.

Overall, we've been satisfied with the product. I would rate it at a nine out of ten.

Manjeet Yadav - PeerSpot reviewer
    Specialist - Cyber Security at ACPL Systems Pvt Ltd
    Is user-friendly, easy to scale, and easy to implement
    • "Overall, the product is nice, and I like the URL filtering, CASB, and other security stacks like threat prevention."
    • "Netskope can only provide the high level related to threats."

What is our primary use case?

The use cases are related to the solution as a secure web gateway to access internet applications and also to provide secure internal application access.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the product is nice, and I like the URL filtering, CASB, and other security stacks like threat prevention.

It's user-friendly and more secure.

What needs improvement?

Netskope can only provide the high level related to threats.

We've been using it for the last three years or more.

The stability is fine.

It is easy to scale.

Technical support is very good, and I would give a rating of eight out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We have used Prisma Access. It has different use cases and security stacks. They provide complete customization of threats, but Netskope only provides the high level related to threats.

The initial setup is straightforward. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5. It usually takes 10 to 15 days for deployment.

The maintenance is specific, and the only rollouts are agent and traffic rollouts.

The price is average.
    Because the license is user-based, you can increase it as per the user quantity.

What other advice do I have?

Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway is a good product, and it only takes a month to implement. It's suitable for small, medium, and large companies. I would rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

Secure Web Gateways (SWG)
    September 2022
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Edwin Alvarez - PeerSpot reviewer
    Solutions Architect / Business Developer at Gamma Ingenieros
    Reseller
    Useful micro-services, highly scalable, and fast installation
    • "The solution has some useful features, such as microservices. They have sandboxing that allows the prevention, encryption, and remote browser isolation."
    • "The solution could improve the features for Zero Trust Network Access. They should add more security components to that module."

What is our primary use case?

We use Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway for visibility, we use the cloud application, to control the web traffic.

What is most valuable?

The solution has some useful features, such as microservices. They have sandboxing that allows the prevention, encryption, and remote browser isolation.

They provide a complete solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the features for Zero Trust Network Access. They should add more security components to that module.

In a future release, they should add an SMTP proxy, DLT for cloud email, and an advanced cloud firewall.

I have been using Next Gen Secure Web Gateway for approximately two years.

The solution is reliable and has high availability.

The solution is highly scalable.

The technical support is satisfactory.

The solution is easy to install and can be very fast. The implementation took approximately two days. However, it can depend on the customer's requirements.

The license model is based on the number of users. You have the possibility to have 10,000 users if you wish.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway a ten out of ten.

Navaneethan M - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Provides good protection against data leakage

What is our primary use case?

This is purely for web filtering on the gateway level and we also use it for DLP in terms of data leakage prevention. I'm senior VP and chief information security officer and we are customers of Netskope.

What is most valuable?

All our customers use multiple data and want to protect that by preventing data leakage and that's what it does. It also provides security against malware and malicious websites.

What needs improvement?

I think the accuracy could be improved. I'd like to see Endpoint DLP included in the solution.

I've been using this solution for nine months.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is very good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The solution is SaaS so the setup was smooth. We deployed in-house.

Licensing cost is calculated by the number of users. We have 1,200 users and the annual cost is $USD 40,000. It might be pricey but it's also competitive.

Professional Services Coordinator at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Easy to use, knowledgeable technical support, and stable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases for this solution are web filtering and security.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features of the solution is that everything is on the cloud. It has no on-premise hardware to deal with.

I have used the solution for approximately a year and a half.

The stability of the solution to be very good. It is not the best and could improve but it is better than other solutions, such as Forcepoint.

I find technical support very knowledgeable and more consistent with Netskope Next-Gen Secure Web Gateway than Forcepoint.

I have previously used Forcepoint,

The solution is very easy to administrate and very easy to implement.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for others looking into implementing the solution it is easy to use, and it is one of the best solutions on the market.

I rate Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway a nine out of ten.

NeilMistry - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder and Ceo at MIS3 inc.
    Allows you to consolidate and eliminate multiple technologies and monitor and govern all the traffic
    • "It is for secure web trafficking, and it is doing what it needs to do. It allows customers to consolidate and eliminate multiple technologies onto Netskope and just kind of turn the dial and use more features, such as CASB, VPN. SWG is another feature. You can monitor and govern all the traffic."
    • "Cost competitiveness is its area of improvement. They will have to figure out how can they strategically price it because there are a few players in the game who have been doing it for a long time. They will have to figure out how to go to market on the pricing."

What is most valuable?

It is for secure web trafficking, and it is doing what it needs to do.

It allows customers to consolidate and eliminate multiple technologies onto Netskope and just kind of turn the dial and use more features, such as CASB, VPN. SWG is another feature. You can monitor and govern all the traffic.

What needs improvement?

Cost competitiveness is its area of improvement. They will have to figure out how can they strategically price it because there are a few players in the game who have been doing it for a long time. They will have to figure out how to go to market on the pricing.

I have been using this solution for over a year. I started to use it pretty much as soon as they made the release.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Netskope Next Gen Secure Web Gateway an eight out of ten.

Download our free Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Netskope, Fortinet, Cisco, and more!
    Updated: September 2022