IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Executive Director Finance & Strategy at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Stable, flexible, and scalable
  • "The scalability is good. It's passable."
  • "The pricing is a bit expensive."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is basically a SOAP API and REST API.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very flexible. It's a great aspect of the solution for us.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is good. It's passable.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is a bit expensive. It would be better if they offered more price-conscious licensing.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years at this point. It's been a while now. I have some experience with it.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. It's good. There are no bugs or glitches and it does not crash or freeze. The performance has been good.

The solution can scale if a company needs to expand it. It's pretty good.

We have 30 people using the solution right now.

We've contacted technical support and they are very helpful and responsive. They're good. I'm satisfied with the level of service provided to customers.

We also use Tencent which is just more compatible with enterprise architecture.

I'm not overly familiar with the initial setup, however, my understanding is that it is an average level of difficulty. It's not overly simple or complex.

We have four people that can handle maintenance duties. They are managers and admins.

We used a consultant to assist us in the implementation process.

The pricing could be better.

We pay a licensing fee on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It's good. I've enjoyed using it.

I would recommend the solution to others. It's a good platform.

Archana Bhat - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Associate at Publicis Sapient
Useful gateway, stable, but lacking enhanced visualizer
  • "The most valuable feature of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is the gateway that is provided."
  • "Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager can improve some of the gateway features. We could use some more customization in creating rules. A lot of the policies are related to the APIs rather than the client. If I want to apply a policy based on a client that is not available."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is the gateway that is provided.

What needs improvement?

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager can improve some of the gateway features. We could use some more customization in creating rules. A lot of the policies are related to the APIs rather than the client. If I want to apply a policy based on a client that is not available.

The dashboards are configurable, but they are not readily available with the cloud. You can see a dashboard where you can check on what is deployed. For example, a complete view of what it is, such as how much code it takes. It's there in bits and pieces, we can configure it with our credentials, but it is not readily available. If they could add an enhanced visualizer it would be beneficial.

I have been using Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager for approximately one year.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is stable.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager does not have out-of-the-box scalability and it is not something that you can receive readily. It is something you have to configure based on the requirements of the customer.

I rate the support from Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager a three out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is on the cloud and there is no installation.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is a complete API-led connectivity gateway and some of the other tools we have tried would not be appropriate for our needs, such as Apigee.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager a seven out of ten.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager
July 2022
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AzharAhmed - PeerSpot reviewer
Integration Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Feature rich, responsive support, and scalable
  • "Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager's most valuable aspect is it has plenty of features."
  • "Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager could improve the monitoring because it is very poor quality and not user-friendly. It is not as good as other solutions on the market."

What is our primary use case?

I use Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager for application integration.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager for approximately two years.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager has been stable and my usage. However, there have been some issues with SMTP connectors.

The scalability of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is good.

We have approximately 80 people using the solution. They are architects and developers. We have plans to increase the usage of the solution if the depends require it.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager technical support is good, they are responsive.

I rate the support from Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager a five out of five.

I have previously used different API gateway solutions, such as Akana API Management and SOA Software.

The initial setup of the Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is simple. The whole process did not take a lot of time.

We did the implementation of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager in-house.

The price of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is very high.

What other advice do I have?

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is a very good solution.

I rate Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager a nine out of ten.

Other
CEO & Co-Founder at a computer retailer with 11-50 employees
Highly capable API manager
  • "Anypoint is very capable in terms of scalability."
  • "Anypoint could be improved by making it more open and configurable for small companies, who tend not to consider the solution as it's expensive and requires a lot of costs upfront."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use Anypoint for data integration and flow, and securing, transferring, and monitoring data logs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the API manager.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for more than two years.

Anypoint's reliability is very good, we've had no issues with it.

Anypoint is very capable in terms of scalability.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward and takes a couple of hours, but it depends very much on the licensing because not all licenses cover all the features MuleSoft has. Sometimes, especially on CloudHub, it can look like everything will be nice and easy, but if you're expecting to have some features and don't see them, you have to go back to MuleSoft and find out what's happening.

We used an in-house team to implement since we are experts on this solution.

Anypoint is the most expensive solution on the market, as far as I know, though it's also the most capable.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise making sure your enterprise is following an API-led connectivity approach and is prepared for digital transformation. Also, make sure that there are no internal conflicts between the product and internal strategic goals and needs so that it will be relevant and synchronized. I would rate Anypoint as ten out of ten.

Private Cloud
Vice President Delivery - Enterprise Solutions and Infrastructure Services at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Offers great integration, flexibility and value for implementing APIs
  • "Offers good integration and flexibility."
  • "Licensing costs should be reduced, it's quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We use MuleSoft Anypoint API Manager across our integration team to move existing integrations and implement APIs. We are system integrators and I'm vice president of the company.

What is most valuable?

I like the approach of MuleSoft Anypoint API Manager and the kind of integration and flexibility it offers. The solution solves the flexibility of ALITAN, TODO1, and APA gameplay, it's a prominent feature that offers good value.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not open source and the market is now open with a lot of options customers can test to explore and investigate. I think the code is something we need to explore. I think licensing costs should be reduced, it's quite expensive.

I have been using MuleSoft Anypoint API Manager for over four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The initial setup is not completely straightforward but it's not too complex either.

The solution is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

In our work, we carry out a deeper analysis of customer requirements. Based on their fixed rate product capabilities, the size of the organization, and the business case, we carry out an evaluation and propose a unique solution. We have our own evaluation process, which is quite extensive and includes architect scalability of configuration, maintainability, and then commercial licensing. Taking into account all those parameters we can figure out the best possible solution. It really depends on what the customer needs.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Principal Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Impressive scalability and transformation layer, with excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is the interconnectivity of exposed APIs. The transformation layer is huge on the MuleSoft platform.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the scalability.

What needs improvement?

With respect to the live help, I have language issues because I can't understand some of the things that I hear.

I just recently completed the Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager training, and have just begun working to get things set up. I am still learning my way around the platform.

My company has two active connections.

Stability-wise, it has been excellent.

Scalability is one of the key features of this solution. We're just at the beginning so we do plan on increasing usage.

Technical support for this product is excellent.

The resources are out there.

The initial setup is complex.

We deployed with our in-house team.

Our largest return on investment is a specific use case called Digital Account Opening. As a financial services firm, this is a process that entails paperwork, fax machines, and so on. With the implementation of this solution, it's going to be automatic.

The pricing is very expensive, although you get a lot of power from the product. We're just scratching the surface of it.

Private Cloud
Onkar Pathre - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Solution Architect at Accenture
Strong security features and easy to configure the end-to-end integration with existing applications

What is our primary use case?

We utilized Mulesoft API Management for a learning management system and content management system for the education sector.

We used the latest version of this solution. It was deployed on a hybrid Azure cloud.

There are around 200 people using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The security features are good. It's easy to configure the end-to-end integration with existing applications.

What needs improvement?

There should be more pricing options or certain discounts for the education sector.

I used this solution for about six months. I work as a cloud solution architect for a few companies.

It's stable.

We didn't utilize the scalability features.

Technical support is good. I was already working in Mulesoft, so I didn't require any technical help.

I'm a technical guy, so it was pretty straightforward by reading the documents.

Deployment took five months.

I was working as an architect. After that, they got their own in-house development team, and I handed over the entire project to them to manage the deployment and further development.

There were two people on the development team, and I was working as a cloud solution architect, so the whole team was three people.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
Joe-Lam - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Business Development Director at PCCW
Scalable, useful orchestration, but support needs improvement
  • "The most valuable features of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager are the API gateway, rate limiting, and orchestration."
  • "The dashboards in Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager could improve."

What is our primary use case?

We use Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager for different reasons, it depends from project to project. We mainly use Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager to orchestrate some internal system integration processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager are the API gateway, rate limiting, and orchestration.

What needs improvement?

The dashboards in Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager could improve.

I have been using Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager for approximately one year.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager is a scalable solution.

The support from Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager needs to improve.

The initial setup of Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager was complex. For those running Kubernetes it is an even higher difficulty level for the initial implementation.

We do the implementation of the solution. We have three people supporting our systems but they are not only dedicated to Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager.

The licensing model is based on how many cores are used. It is a very simple licensing scheme.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is they will need strong technical support for this solution, however, they do not provide good support. If you are not experienced in this solution you may encounter some technical problems during the implementation and maintenance period. A strong architect is needed to help do the infrastructure and architecture of this solution.

I rate Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager a six out of ten.

Download our free Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022