We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Data Architect at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Pretty good support and useful for real-time feedback

What is our primary use case?

Our sales reps use it in the field on a daily basis. I get the data from there and then analyze it for my needs. We are also developing an application to start using Microsoft PowerApps. I would assume we have the latest version.

What is most valuable?

We get feedback on a real-time basis, which is actually very useful for us.

What needs improvement?

It is not enough user friendly. It also doesn't integrate very well with SQL Server.

I have been using this solution for almost a year and a half now.

I would say, overall, it is not bad.

We haven't gone that far yet, so I'm not sure. We have…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

We get feedback on a real-time basis, which is actually very useful for us.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for almost a year and a half now.

I would say, overall, it is not bad.

We haven't gone that far yet, so I'm not sure. We have almost 500 sales reps who use it.

They are good. We get a pretty good response and support from them. I had to talk to them on a couple of occasions, and it was a good experience. I would rate them a nine out of ten.

We didn't have anything before.

The initial setup was straightforward, but if you want to put more options, it gets complicated.

What other advice do I have?

It is definitely a useful product. I would absolutely recommend it.

I would rate Microsoft PowerApps an eight out of ten because there are still some issues that we are addressing, specifically related to its integration.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Youness Ziach
Digital Transformation Project Manager at a wholesaler/distributor with 5,001-10,000 employees
Useful application making platforms, good performance, and excellent support
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is the Model-driven or Canvas application-making platforms. The power of the two gives us exactly what we are looking for."
  • "In an upcoming release, I would like to see custom APIs, better integration with other solutions, and more connectors available."

What is our primary use case?

This is a low-code solution that I am using for making applications.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, I would like to see custom APIs, better integration with other solutions, and more connectors available.

I have been using this solution for approximately eight months.

The solution is stable.

We have plans to scale the solution in the future and it is very scalable.

We have approximately 35 people users using the solution in my organization and we plan to increase that number to 75.

The customer service has been very responsive and has always given us the help we required. Alternatively, there is a large PowerApps community that can help anyone find a solution for their problems. The overall support is excellent.

The initial setup was easy, we had no problems.

We have a small team that does the maintenance of the solution.

I pay nine dollars monthly for the subscription to this solution and the price of the is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to review their use case and if it fits then I would recommend they try this solution.

I rate Microsoft PowerApps a ten out of ten.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft PowerApps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,304 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CTO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Stable, scalable, no licensing cost, and useful for quickly creating apps

What is our primary use case?

I am using Microsoft PowerApps for small apps for internal company management. I have been working only on small and simple apps. I haven't used it for making complex apps.  I am using the latest version of Microsoft PowerApps.

What is most valuable?

Time to market is most valuable because you can make apps pretty fast. It also has pretty good integration.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface can be better. It is good, but it can be a bit clunky.

I have been using this solution for around one year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We currently have 40 developers who use this solution. We…

What is our primary use case?

I am using the latest version of Microsoft PowerApps.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its user interface can be better. It is good, but it can be a bit clunky.

I have been using this solution for around one year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We currently have 40 developers who use this solution. We plan to keep using this solution.

We are a development company, and our technical skills are pretty high. We didn't need any technical support. Based on our experience with Microsoft Azure and Office 365 support, I expect their technical support for Microsoft PowerApps to be very good.

We used SharePoint, which is not really similar to this solution.

The initial setup is easy. It is hosted in the cloud, so it is ready to go.

It is not expensive. There is no licensing cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Microsoft PowerApps an eight out of ten.

Cameo Mbowane
Chief Executive Officer at Customersoft Innovation
Reseller
Simple to use data connectivity components, but better integration with other tools is needed
  • "The most valuable feature is the simple data connectivity components."
  • "Integration with databases and other tools needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for Microsoft PowerApps is to develop production-ready applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the simple data connectivity components. With no code, you can use multiple data sources with different software systems.

What needs improvement?

Integration with databases and other tools needs to be improved.

I have been working with Microsoft PowerApps for about three years.

The stability is fine and we have no issue there.

I am a bit concerned about scalability.

I have my own technical support team so we have not had to contact Microsoft technical support.

I have experience with Zoho Creator and I find that the environment is much better. The database integration is better and creating a production-ready app is very straightforward.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The problem that I am having with Microsoft PowerApps, and other no-code or low-code solutions, is that younger developers are not comfortable with it. They are more comfortable with C# because it gives them more control over what they are doing, and more control over the testing.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first conduct a large-scale, enterprise-level project. This way, you will see if the product is scalable enough for your requirements.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

ATHANASSIOS FAMELIARIS
S/W Technologies & Processes Unit Manager at Unisystems
Good containerization and support, but the user interface needs improvement
  • "I like the containerization of Azure."
  • "The flexibility and the user interface need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers and resellers. We mainly collaborate with Microsoft and supplemental applications.

What is most valuable?

I like the containerization of Azure. We are trying other architectural options that they offer.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement and with PowerApps, there is a long way to go.

The flexibility and the user interface need improvement.

The speed, as in how fast things can be done, needs to be improved.

The workflow needs improvement and should be included in the platform.

We have been working with Microsoft Azure for the past year.

The support is good.

Here in Greece, we have enough support for Microsoft. There are some government-level agreements and county-level agreements.

It is easy to deploy, although we have some experience.

It seems pretty straightforward.

You have to be careful with pricing.

It might be too complicated to continuously monitor the business consumption and what to pay.

What other advice do I have?

It's not something you can easily rate, as you have to rate according to specifications and characteristics.

It is a good product but I would like to see the flexibility issues improved, and there are issues with the user interface. You have to use the interface in a specific way.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy for extracting data and app building
  • "It's very easy to build an app using this solution."
  • "Installation and integration could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for when we're integrating something and need to extract some data. We use PowerApps to extract the data and create our own module inside PowerApps and create our own app. We extract data and integrate it with PowerApps.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to build an app using this solution. It's easier than with other tools.

What needs improvement?

I think installation and integration could be improved. It's tricky compared to other tools.

I've been using this solution for a month or so.

We are a small company and only have four or five people using this solution.

When it comes to installation, we need to install a gateway and integrate between two tools, for example, PowerApps and Power Virtual Agents, Deployment is a little complicated. The data is available in Google but it's a little difficult.

Licensing is on a monthly basis.

We tried a lot of other products before choosing PowerApps and we found Microsoft to be easier to use.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Microsoft is a large company and the product has good features. We plan to migrate all our tools to Microsoft in the future.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Solution Architect IAM at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Feature-rich, and easy to scale, but the setup is complicated

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft PowerApps to get insight into the business. We use it for BI.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup should be improved. It could be easier. Technical support could be faster, and more accurate.

I have been working with Microsoft PowerApps for the last year. My experience is limited but I do use it from time to time.

Most of the time, Microsoft PowerApps is stable.

I have no issues with the scalability of Microsoft PowerApps. For our purposes, it is quite scalable.

At this time, I don't have any issues with technical support. It can…

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft PowerApps to get insight into the business. We use it for BI.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup should be improved. It could be easier.

Technical support could be faster, and more accurate.

Most of the time, Microsoft PowerApps is stable.

At this time, I don't have any issues with technical support. It can however take some time if you launch a service request, but most of the time, it is resolved within the expected time.

We also work with Microsoft 365.

The initial setup is moderately complex.

Microsoft PowerApps is expensive, but there are many features included.

What other advice do I have?

They think about how they will set it up before beginning to ensure they select suitable use cases.

I would rate Microsoft PowerApps a seven out of ten.

Yehuda Parnes
Founder at a tech company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Allows developers and nontechnical users to build mobile applications from selectable templates
  • "The most valuable feature is the compatibility with other Microsoft components."
  • "Microsoft should combine both the web and the mobile environment with all of the layers of development into one package."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the compatibility with other Microsoft components, the connectivity to Microsoft databases, the connectivity to other components on the Microsoft Azure environment, the connectivity to Office 365 and the connectivity to teams and the overall environment.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft should combine both the web and the mobile environment with all of the layers of development into one package. Currently, it's separated because Microsoft Power Apps does not cover all of these issues, so you have to connect to two different solutions. With Mendix for example, with one environment, the developers can create either a mobile app or a web app — it's an all-in-one environment. Microsoft Power Apps is not a service. For instance, if you want to connect to a database, it will be done via a database platform.

Microsoft PowerApps is both scalable and stable.

Microsoft PowerApps has a good support community.

The initial setup is no more complicated than similar solutions. I'd say it's pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Download our free Microsoft PowerApps Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.