IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

MEGA HOPEX OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MEGA HOPEX is #2 ranked solution in top GRC tools, #8 ranked solution in top Architecture Management tools, and #12 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools. PeerSpot users give MEGA HOPEX an average rating of 8 out of 10. MEGA HOPEX is most commonly compared to ARIS BPA: MEGA HOPEX vs ARIS BPA. MEGA HOPEX is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is MEGA HOPEX?

MEGA HOPEX is a single software platform that combines integrated software solutions including privacy and data management, business process analysis, and risk management. By connecting business, IT, data, and risk perspectives, MEGA HOPEX helps your organization get the visibility you need and also helps improve decision-making by using connected EA to eliminate silos and foster collaboration. As a SaaS solution, MEGA HOPEX is scalable, flexible, and secure. It relies on Microsoft Azure infrastructure and is designed to seamlessly and easily integrate into your digital ecosystem. The MEGA HOPEX platform enables you to develop an integrated approach to risk management, business optimization, and data governance, as well as to build a clear IT roadmap.

MEGA HOPEX Features

MEGA HOPEX has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Flexible metamodel configurability: MEGA HOPEX can be adapted to your operating model with easy-to-use customization options. In addition, it gives you the option to expand functionalities and import ready-to-use content through the HOPEX store.
  • Intuitive workflows: The MEGA HOPEX platform includes intuitive workflows that help accelerate business value delivery and also helps to foster collaboration among all stakeholders.
  • Ready-to-use enterprise portal: With MEGA HOPEX’s ready-to-use enterprise portal, it is easy to share insights across your entire organization.
  • Contextual search: MEGA HOPEX has a contextual search functionality that enables you to find accurate and trusted data easily with the option to also use filters to narrow your search results.
  • Reporting and dashboarding: MEGA HOPEX offers out-of-the-box templates for reports and also allows you to build your own reports to monitor and govern your projects with actionable insights and recommendations.

MEGA HOPEX Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing MEGA HOPEX. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Data-driven algorithms: MEGA HOPEX provides smart recommendations based on data-driven algorithms, giving you the ability to share actionable insights using a collaborative enterprise portal and mobile apps.
  • Intuitive modeling engine: The MEGA HOPEX platform enables you to visually communicate how your operations work and see how business, IT, and data are connected through building different diagrams.
  • Improved collaboration and alignment: MEGA HOPEX has a data discovery tool that extracts data from various sources to build your data catalogs. The platform’s automated discovery of applications, data, and processes, along with its automated diagram generation and intelligent workflows, improve productivity, collaboration, and alignment.
  • Accelerates project delivery: By using MEGA HOPEX, you can develop synergies and avoid duplicative efforts by connecting strategy, business, IT, data, and risk perspectives on the same platform.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the MEGA HOPEX solution.

PeerSpot user Kayode A., Enterprise Architecture Consultant at ZealHosts Consulting, says, “What I find the most valuable is the process workflow. It is really good. The fact that you can decompose is also valuable, as is the file D structure. Also, the fact that you can have your own logical repository structure and you can drag and drop is very valuable. This is largely because of its intuitiveness. Once you understand the logic behind the tool, MEGA HOPEX is quite intuitive. I also like the ability to create custom reports. I like the fact that you can share repository content via web to other end users who are not architects.”

A Software Architect at a transportation company mentions, “The main feature that we like the most is the ability to have a unique repository where all the architects can interact and play together with the shapes of different architecture solutions. They have a unified repository where users can share the developments they're working on. Its availability is very good.”

An IT Consulting Manager at a tech services company comments, "We have many use cases for this solution but the feature I have found most valuable is the IT Portfolio Management module."

MEGA HOPEX Customers

Aetna, Fannie Mae, M&T Bank, Glatfelter Insurance Group, Zions Management Services Company, The College Board, Baxter Credit Union, AXA Financial, Missouri Department of Conservation, New York State OTDA, MEG Energy Corp, Walgreens, Procter & Gamble, Biogen Idec, Gilead Sciences, Organic Valley, Trinity Health, Nissan and Ford

MEGA HOPEX Video

MEGA HOPEX Reviews

Carlos Arturo Quiroga Quiroga - PeerSpot reviewer
Digital Architecture Corporate Leader at Banco Pichincha
Excellent support experience that is local to South America and is easy to expand
  • "The support experience in Latin America is great."
  • "The initial setup can be quite complex at first."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution in one bank in Colombia. We are going to start implementation in two financial entities in Ecuador.

What is most valuable?

The support experience in Latin America is great. For us, it's very important to have local connections and use cases. MEGA has had a lot of partners in Latin America. It's the differentiation with the other companies. Many others use services outside of Latin America - in Europe or the USA. However, we like the local connection, which was the main selling point for us.

What needs improvement?

We need better traceability available. We want to have traceability between the business and the technology. The initial setup can be quite complex at first. The resolution needs to offer more potential for collaboration. Right now, it is much more geared towards one person working on the solution.

We have one year of experience using that tool.
Architecture Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about MEGA International, Sparx Systems, Orbus Software and others in Architecture Management. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We are managing the implementation via corporate and governance. We are going to scale all of the entities in the group. We are a financial group that has a presence in different countries in Latin America with different entities and we decided to manage this implementation in an incremental model starting from some specific companies. The plan is, in 2022, to integrate all the other entities in the group. So far, we have less than 20 people using the product, however, we are going to increase the number of personnel.

Technical support is great. they are local and readily available. We like that they are so close, and we don't have to deal with support from the USA or Europe, which is much further away.

In the beginning, there was some complexity. We don't understand the benefit and the use of the tool. We defined a robot for business capabilities to be covered across all of the companies in the group. We are solving for the original lack of knowledge with a training process in the consulting services we have on offer. We implement the solution with a partner and they have less than three people that help us. To use the tool, we need the technical staff to use the solution.

We leveraged the expertise of local partners while initially implementing the solution.

We pay a yearly licensing fee. We have a standard fee for the use of the solution via their SaaS model and we have some consulting costs that depend on the scope of its implementation in each entity.

What other advice do I have?

We have an agreement, a commercial agreement with MEGA, to support all the entities that are going to implement the solution. We are a financial and insurance services industry company. We are focused on banks and insurance. For new users, it's important that they understand the business architectural definitions and have knowledge of processes to gain the most value out of the solution. If the team that is evaluating the solution doesn't have such knowledge, there might be issues. I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Kayode Adeoye - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Architecture Consultant at ZealHosts Consulting
Fantastic tool for process architecture but should be less expensive
  • "What I find the most valuable is the process workflow. It is really good."
  • "MEGA HOPEX's problem is that it is expensive, but it's a fantastic tool."

What is most valuable?

What I find the most valuable is the process workflow. It is really good.

The fact that you can decompose is also valuable, as is the file D structure. Also, the fact that you can have your own logical repository structure and you can drag and drop is very valuable. This is largely because of its intuitiveness.

What needs improvement?

Of course, there is always room for improvement. There should be an integration with the Microsoft Office platform, for instance. I can compare it to a tool like Orbus. In Orbus, there is already an integration with Microsoft. So, if I already have network diagrams already built in a Microsoft solution, I can bring it into Orbus. I can actually pull a number of the building blocks. I can map parts of the diagrams into the inventory. That is a very, very good feature.

MEGA HOPEX could also definitely have a lower price.

I used MEGA HOPEX for about three to four years.

MEGA HOPEX's technical support is fantastic. If it's paid for, it's fantastic. They have very knowledgeable engineers and support practitioners, especially considering that the tool has been around for quite some time.

MEGA HOPEX also has extensive documentation. So quite a number of issues can be resolved just by looking through the documentation. For more complex things, you probably will need their support. They also provide support for metamodel customizations and that is equally good as well.

The initial setup is very easy, but it depends on type of deployment you want to do, whether it is standalone or otherwise. They have a file place database structure that they use and integrations for Oracle and Microsoft SQL servers.

The deployment guides are very good. You can just pick up any of the deployment guides. Once you have the license, just follow through and run the installation. The installation on both platforms is quite straightforward.

The price of MEGA HOPEX is too high. MEGA HOPEX's problem is that it is expensive, but it's a fantastic tool.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if you have the budget for it, MEGA HOPEX is a fantastic tool. It will especially help you if you are heavily focused on process architecture. MEGA HOPEX maps your org structure and you can use that to build in your processes and then just directly house your processes into the org structure. This is just a fantastic workflow in terms of the engineering and the thinking behind its structure. The pricing is an issue, however. MEGA HOPEX could be more affordable. They could also create some form of community-based addition to allow a wider audience access and play around with the tool. I think this would be a welcome development.

Architecture Management
June 2022
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Software Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Good unified repository and good availability but is quite expensive
  • "Its availability is very good."
  • "The solution is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We picked it as we wanted something that included all of the shapes represented in the software architecture solutions of our company. We created near 2,000 products that we have in the company. We used this product to represent the software architecture of our solutions and the mapping within the processes of the company.

We tried to map a set of fields and we have and combined it with the processes of the company.

What is most valuable?

The main feature that we like the most is the ability to have a unique repository where all the architects can interact and play together with the shapes of different architecture solutions. They have a unified repository where users can share the developments they're working on.

Its availability is very good.

We've had some internal changes in the company. It allows us to start with an initiative that will accumulate new architecture solutions. At this moment, the initiative works with specifically with HOPEX and we are able to adapt it to our new company direction.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to which features are missing. I don't have any information on that and don't really have any input.

The solution is quite expensive.

We've been using the solution since before the pandemic. We started using it around 2019.

We use Sparx Systems as well as MEGA HOPEX. Our organization bought both solutions.

I found that the solution is very expensive for what it does. We are integrated with both HOPEX and Sparx solutions, however, Sparx Systems we work with on a set of licenses that we had previously, in 2018. We find it a bit less expensive.

Since we use both HOPEX and Sparx, it's easy to compare the two.

For example, if you compare the price of MEGA HOPEX with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Sparx is cheaper. Our company is looking at pricing and it's an important factor we are taking into account. However, Sparx can be a bit slow. If you are trying to design software architecture, sometimes we run into issues and need to refresh. HOPEX also occasionally needs to be refreshed as well, actually.

We find Sparx to be more useable as well.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. If the architecture was a bit better, I might rate it higher.

Oscar Perez - PeerSpot reviewer
Founding Partner at BIT4DATA SPAIN
Reseller
It provides a unique repository with good and tight integration
  • "Every module sets up the same information in a unique repository."
  • "Lacking more out of the box integrations."

What is our primary use case?

We are partners and resellers of MEGA HOPEX and I'm a consultant and director of our company.

What is most valuable?

MEGA has different models and different disciplines, but perhaps for me, the best feature would be that it has one unique repository for all of them. On the modules, they are MEGA HOPEX, IT portfolio management, enterprise architecture, business process, analytics, governance, risk and compliance. Every module sets up the same information in a unique repository. It's a very good and tight integration for every stakeholder in the company.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement. Of course, if they could reduce the price it would be more helpful for selling or buying it. They could also perhaps include more out of the box integrations.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The stability has definitely improved with the more recent releases.

The scalability is good. You can have a few users, or you can have hundreds and it's not an issue. Most of our clients are enterprise companies.

We haven't had any issues with technical support. Every time we need anything, we've received it. They have a lot of material, and a very big community also, which helps a lot for the different customizations.

The initial setup is reasonably straightforward. It requires some kind of training, but nothing too difficult. Within two days you can almost become an expert in every model, for sure.

One of my colleagues carried out an evaluation of some other solutions and I believe his main claim was that the other tools were not a whole solution. You have providers and companies that give you different solutions for every arena in enterprise architecture and not always the integration or sharing of the common objects that you need.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend contacting MEGA, asking questions and analyzing your requirements against the solution. MEGA has multiple language support and not only for technical support. The tool is also available in different languages. If your company needs enterprise architecture then you won't have any difficulty with MEGA.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

IT Consulting Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Straightforward solution to set up and use with the IT Portfolio Management module being the most valuable feature for our company
  • "We have many use cases for this solution but the feature I have found most valuable is the IT Portfolio Management module."
  • "It would be great if this solution could integrate with other tools such as ITSM (ServiceNow) or CMDB."

What is most valuable?

We have many use cases for this solution but the feature I have found most valuable is the IT Portfolio Management module. This has helped in my duty to ensure the gathering of artifacts and repositories for analysis for my clients. We also make use of the Business Process Analysis feature.

What needs improvement?

This is a good product with many features and this can make it easy to get lost in what to use. A more friendly user manual would be good.

I have used this solution for five years.

This is a stable solution.

I have clients with 2 users and clients with more than 25 users and find it is a scalable solution. This does depend on how you use the solution. HOPEX is a suitable solution for larger scale use but you will need to pay per license. Using HOPEX, you can have an unlimited amount of users.

My team act as the HOPEX local technical support in the national region and we often help from the principal support team. This support team is helpful and responsive.

The setup was straightforward to deliver the use cases of enterprise architecture.

This solution is reasonably priced but would be more competitive at a slightly lower price.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that any prospective user understands exactly what their use case for this solution would be before implementation.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Architecte entreprise at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Good functionality, but better documentation and training is needed
  • "This is a complete package with all of the functionality that we need."
  • "Better documentation and training would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

The modules that we use are MEGA Process and MEGA Architecture.

What is most valuable?

This is a complete package with all of the functionality that we need.

What needs improvement?

The user interface for the version that we are using is not modern.

This is a complex product. For me, all of the functionality in this product exists, but it is not well explained. Better documentation and training would be helpful.

It was very difficult to adapt MEGA to our way of working. You have to spend 40% of the time thinking about how you will implement and use the MEGA concept.

I have been working with MEGA HOPEX for 10 years.

We have had some issues with stability but they are related to Citrix, and not due to MEGA.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

My company also uses Planview, but not the part that is dealing with architecture.

We have an internal support team and when we have a problem, we contact them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering MEGA HOPEX is that it's a complete solution. All of the functionality is implemented. However, it is a complex product. Somebody who wants to use it should understand all of the functionality, but select only 20% of the concepts and use them very well. It's not necessary to use the full functionality and we spent too much time on the gain we received.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Director of the Division Consulting Business Process and Director of Enterprise Architecture at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Its panel offers various views, and it can integrate with a range of apps
  • "HOPEX has a panel that offers various views. I think that is very good. MEGA has an app for integrating with a lot of apps. We help our clients integrate HOPEX with a different product like Apple Gateway, for example. I've been with the company for 15 years, and we connect with everything. Our clientele includes almost all of the banks in Mexico."
  • "We have a very close relationship with MEGA representatives in Mexico, and we ask them why they don't offer impact analysis. For example, we have a server in the center and provide the client a view of what's in the peripheral area, like one cluster, application, process area, and services. We want to offer our clients that level of visibility with HOPEX."

What is our primary use case?

HOPEX has different modules. The one we use the most is the IT infrastructure module for process management. One guy on my team is in charge of this component, whereas I am the solution architect. I think there are at least three or four modules.

If a client wants to integrate an app with the HOPEX console, they need to pay MEGA for that service, and it's expensive. We offer that integration to clients as a service because we know how to integrate and reassess the cost.

What is most valuable?

HOPEX has a panel that offers various views. I think that is very good. MEGA has an app for integrating with a lot of apps. We help our clients integrate HOPEX with a different product like Apple Gateway, for example. I've been with the company for 15 years, and we connect with everything. Our clientele includes almost all of the banks in Mexico.

What needs improvement?

We have a very close relationship with MEGA representatives in Mexico, and we ask them why they don't offer impact analysis. For example, we have a server in the center and provide the client a view of what's in the peripheral area, like one cluster, application, process area, and services. We want to offer our clients that level of visibility with HOPEX.

I've been using HOPEX for around four years. The first tool that we acquired was Casewise around six or seven years ago. We started using MEGA four years ago. My company is a global bank that operates in Spain, Mexico, and the United States.

What other advice do I have?

I rate MEGA HOPEX eight out of 10.

Web and eCommerce Lead at a renewables & environment company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feature-rich with an easy interface

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is managing enterprise architecture design.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable parts of this solution are the richness of its features and its easy interface.

What needs improvement?

This product is expensive and would be improved by lowering its price.

I've been using this solution for two years.

I've had no problems or glitches with the stability.

There have been no issues with scalability.

The setup was pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing, make sure to do your due diligence on the whole enterprise. I would give this solution a score of nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Architecture Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about MEGA International, Sparx Systems, Orbus Software, and more!
Updated: June 2022