IFS Applications OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IFS Applications is the #1 ranked solution in top License Management tools, #2 ranked solution in top Enterprise Asset Management tools, #3 ranked solution in top Field Service Management tools, #8 ranked solution in top Activity Based Costing Software, #14 ranked solution in top ERP tools, #15 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools, #26 ranked solution in top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools, and #29 ranked solution in top Help Desk Software. PeerSpot users give IFS Applications an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. IFS Applications is most commonly compared to SAP ERP: IFS Applications vs SAP ERP. IFS Applications is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IFS Applications?

IFS develops and delivers cloud enterprise software for companies around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. Within our single platform, our industry specific products are innately connected to a single data model and use embedded digital innovation so that our customers can be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™​​​​​​​. The industry expertise of our people and of our growing ecosystem, together with a commitment to deliver value at every single step, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,500 employees every day live our values of agility, trustworthiness and collaboration in how we support our 10,000+ customers. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.

IFS Applications was previously known as Assyst.

IFS Applications Customers

Carlsberg, Pukka, Aston Martin, Sky, China Airlines, Cimcorp, Mini, Pepsi.

IFS Applications Video

Archived IFS Applications Reviews (more than two years old)

Presales and Solution Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Versatile and flexible, with good enterprise management solutions, but the pricing needs to be more competitive
  • "Some of the strengths are Enterprise Management Solutions and the series of Management solutions which is number one in Gartner's report and has been for the last five years."
  • "There are certain digital features that need to be incorporated, such as IOP."

What is our primary use case?

We provide the implementation for our clients.

IFS is an ERP, that is globally ranked number four. It's a master's in enterprise management and foodservice management.

Globally, we are doing multiple projects with many of our clients, but most of these projects are coming as a transformation to digital. As a part of the digital transformation journey, we need to understand the cloud solution as well.

We work in the four segments and we agree with the enterprise solution in the workplace.

The following are the four segments we work with:

1. Aerospace & Defense
  2. Manufacturing
  3. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
  4. Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)

What is most valuable?

This solution is very versatile, and it's very flexible.

What needs improvement?

There are certain digital features that need to be incorporated, such as IOP. It's a blockchain platform. We are currently exploring these types of features to enhance our solutions for added value for our clients.

Pricing is an area that could be improved. They could be more competitive.

We have been providing this product for more than three years.

We provide the latest version, but there are some clients who are working on older versions and want to transform them into the new version.

It's a conversion to the new versions, along with the digital transformation especially in the manufacturing sector.

ERP
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IFS, SAP, Oracle and others in ERP. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a stable product, but depending on the clients, there are times where upgrades are required for custom development.

It's a scalable product. We can scale it easily and it is not a problem.

We provided services for all types of clients. We deal with very large clients to small growing clients as well.

This solution is suitable for any size of company and there are no constraints.

There are times where we require technical support. Most of the time we provide our clients with support.

The initial setup is not complex. It's easier than other IOPs.

The time for deployment depends on the client's requirements, and the scope of the project, but on average, it takes three to six months for deployment.

We have a team to implement and maintain and support this solution for our clients.

It's not cheapest, and it's not mediocre pricing.

Pricing is comparatively or sufficiently higher than maybe all other IT solutions.

There are no additional fees, and everything is included in the license.

When comparing the IFS product, and to some extent SAP, we can say that IFS stands on the top.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend this solution to others.

The solution from IFS is one of the best solutions and I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Versatile with good enterprise management solutions but pricing could be better
  • "The solution overall is very versatile and flexible, especially compared to other products."
  • "It would be ideal if, in the future, the product could incorporate IoT and blockchain elements. We'd like to explore more of these types of features going forward."

What is our primary use case?

We work in the four segments: aerospace and defense, manufacturing, EPTA (enterprise) which is contracting and sub-contracting, and enterprise management. We offer enterprise solutions in the client's workplace.

What is most valuable?

The enterprise management solutions within the solution are very strong. It's been listed as number one in the Gartner Report for the last five years. They really are at the top of their game.

What needs improvement?

As a salesperson, my perspective is limited. Someone from a development team may have more insights into which features may be lacking.

It would be ideal if, in the future, the product could incorporate IoT and blockchain elements. We'd like to explore more of these types of features going forward. We feel they could enhance our client experience and add value to our own solutions.

The pricing could be a bit better. It's a little high.

I've been dealing with the solution for three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. Even if we have to do upgrades or customized development, it performs well. We don't find there are issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

Scalability isn't a problem at all. It's very easy to do if a company needs to expand the solution.

In a large majority of cases, we handle the technical support for our clients. It's been very rare where we would need to reach out to IFS technical support to get assistance with problems.

The initial setup isn't too complex. In fact, it's pretty simple. It's straightforward.

The length of time it takes to deploy depends on the client's requirements and the scope of the project. On average, it takes about two to six months to deploy.

I haven't personally handled the implementation, however, as I am more on the sales-side.

We handle the maintenance on behalf of our clients as necessary.

The solution is not cheap. It's competitive, however, it's a bit higher than other options on the market. Everything is included in the license. You don't have to purchase additional features beyond that.

So far, we've compared IFS to some extent with SAP. Comparatively, we can say IFS stands on top, at least compared to SAP.

What other advice do I have?

We have to work with the latest version of the solution. However, there are some clients who are working on the old versions and they want to perform on the new versions. Occasionally, there is conversion onto new versions.

Along with the digital transformation, clients are especially in the manufacturing sector. They want some kind of new technology to come up and add some value to them. That's a part of the journey for digital transformation.

We are currently exploring the cloud, even though we mostly work with the on-premises deployment model.

The solution is suitable for all sizes of business. We have solution working for big clients as well as for small, growing clients.

Overall, I would recommend the solution. It's one of the best on the market and is well known.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

ERP
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CEO North America at Axios
Good documentation and support, analytics, and BI charting
  • "One of our favorite features is the "Info-Zone", which provides operational intelligence in flight and in context to guide both business users and support teams to productivity."
  • "We would like to see AI-driven CSI functions built into the tool that would allow us to quickly tie our improvement goals to metrics and activities, so Assyst will suggest the next steps to help us get closer to our goals."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Assyst in a Hybrid environment with Assyst app servers running in our own virtualized servers with the database and storage in Azure Cloud, which works well.

We use the system for IT Service Management across 16 ITIL v3 processes as part of a cohesive service management platform for delivering shared services for large organizations.

We integrate to Azure AD, LUIS/BOT Framework for insights and Virtual Agent support, as well as NetSuite for the asset, user, and billing interfaces.

Our focus is on process efficiency while ensuring a great customer experience.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product allows us to standardize our approach to baseline improvement activities across business and IT process domains. The omnichannel capabilities allowed us to deploy a modern cross-channel delivery that we can manage from one pane of glass. The OOTB features provide support for many IT frameworks which we configured to meet our needs quickly.

The OOTB analytics and in-tool BI charting allows analysts to really quickly assess historic and predicted scenarios to intelligently assess the situation so they can take the right actions

What is most valuable?

ACE Omnichannel - Self-Service, Apps, Bot, Knowledge across devices, and personas. This has allowed us to divert resources away from answering phone calls on to more business valued initiatives.

The workflow engine is very powerful and so is the service view CMDB. The design once - deploy anywhere is really good.

One of our favorite features is the "Info-Zone", which provides operational intelligence in flight and in context to guide both business users and support teams to productivity.

What needs improvement?

Another area we would be interested in seeing is further support for MS Teams. We have used the APIs to work solutions but as soon as the graph APIs from Microsoft come out of Beta, we would love to see a packaged app here that is supported through upgrades like the rest of the Axios products.

We have been using Assyst for five years.

No glitches actually. Our experience has been uneventful in that respect and we find the apps very stable.

This product is good for large organizations, with 2,500-250,000 employees.

Good phone local support and self-service as well. Good ( almost too much ) documentation.

Prior to Assyst, we used BMC Remedy. We wanted something that was more packaged and OOTB vs custom building ourselves.

There are lots of templates to work from to edit/tweak.

Both vendor and in-house teams assisted us with deployment.

Our ROI is 4.5 times our investment in 18 months.

Ask for all-inclusive pricing, as they are pretty flexible if you ask for custom models. Don't underestimate the focus on content. A system on its own is as good as the data it can leverage like content, categories, and knowledge.

We evaluated ServiceNow, Ivanti, and Cherwell.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely consider this offering. There are many features and options that come with it that don't require custom dev. They upgrade and are supported.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Independant ITSM consulting and integration services firm
Manager at HAL
Flexible and user-friendly with the capability to generate many reports
  • "The product is quite flexible."
  • "The user interface can be improved. When you're clicking through the screens, there are some icons or symbols that really need updating and would be more useful and noticeable if they are aesthetically pleasing."

What is our primary use case?

I am using the distribution model, mainly for materials management.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using the IFS site, it was quite difficult for us to track, access, and extract the inventory available to us. Once we started using IFS, it's introduced us to a way to track and monitor the inventory. From a user perspective, it is extremely useful for us.

What is most valuable?

The MS management information system reports are the solution's most valuable feature. The reports are very useful. It's also quite easy to generate them.

The solution is very user friendly.

The product is quite flexible.

What needs improvement?

I won't be able to give the correct feedback. I haven't seen everything in action, however, based on my experience, what I've found is that lot of days we are using mobile phones or tablets. Yet, this solution doesn't work on those types of devices. They need to create something that can be used on Andriod devices to make it easier to use in terms of how we work. It should incorporate the devices we're constantly utilizing.

The user interface can be improved. When you're clicking through the screens, there are some icons or symbols that really need updating and would be more useful and noticeable if they are aesthetically pleasing.

I've been using the solution for the past three years.

The solution doesn't seem to have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. I'd say that it's quite stable. For us, it has been a reliable product.

I believe the solution to be quite scalable.

Right now, we have about 500 people or more using it.

I haven't dealt with the solution's technical support team directly. At our company, we have an in-house IT department that we typically go to if we have issues with any solutions. They may occasionally reach out to IFS, however, I don't, so I can't speak to the quality of their services.

The initial setup is more or less straightforward, really. At first, we faced a bit of difficulty, however, it was more about us needing to get used to the product. Now that we use it regularly and we're more familiar with it, it's easier.

We did have the assistance of a consultant, although we mostly handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

My corporate office has a relationship with IFS. There is a joint venture with one of our implementation partners.

We might be using an older version of the solution. I don't believe it's the latest version.

I'd like other organizations to know that the solution is very friendly and easy to upgrade. You can update it right through the screen if you need to. If an organization needs a solution capable of generating lots of reports, this solution fits the bill.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Principal Consultant at a training & coaching company with 1-10 employees
Excellent service catalog, good workflow, and great scalability capabilities
  • "The workflow of the solution is very good."
  • "Technical support could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our client primarily uses the solution for IT service management as well as business service management.

What is most valuable?

The service catalog is a really good aspect of the solution. It offers incident management, problem management, change management, and a self-service portal among other features.

The workflow of the solution is very good.

The foundational architecture is also impressive. The whole service management side of it is based on the CMDB. That concept is really strong in their product.

What needs improvement?

The product requires heavy administrative work. It's not an easy drag-and-drop workflow type of model. It's hard to configure and customize. Axios claims that the new version will improve that, but I haven't seen that product. I hope they offer it in the next release.

Technical support could be improved.

I've been dealing with the solution for about one year.

If you look at any higher-end product when you're talking about more functionality and features, there are always a few bugs. I don't really blame the product for that.

However, stability is also determined by the maintenance is done by the client. Some clients are not really maintaining the solution correctly, so there is the danger of stability issues. If it's properly managed, then stability is okay.

It'd generally rate stability as four out of five.

The solution's architecture is definitely scalable. One of my clients has 60 to 70 technicians working on the product. A more affordable product may be something like BMC or even ServiceNow.

Technical support could still be improved. They have excellent support in other parts of the world, however, I been having some issues in our region. For example, our client in Oman needs to get support from Dubai. It's not bad, and they have brought in consultants from other sites to assist, but it needs work.

Tier 1 products, all ITSM products, will definitely require some support from the vendor. You can't download it from a site and install it. However, the initial setup is okay. New users need to be aware that first-time implementation will need assistance in order to properly get it up and running. In comparison to higher-end products, it's more difficult to install.

We're a consultant; we assist our clients in the installation process that is typically configured and installed by Axios.

While the solution is great for large enterprises, it's expensive, so it may not be feasible for smaller organizations.

The solution works on a subscription fee. It's not a monthly basis, but more about a one-time fee and then usage according to a variety of items. It's not like a cloud-based model where you pay every month.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. I have clients that use the solution. We use the on-premises deployment model. Typically, we deal with large-scale enterprises like banks.

The solution is very good.

My advice to people going with Assyst is that you need to make your process clear, as it is an architectural model product. Whatever you ask them to configure Axios will configure. That means you need to be clear about what process you want to configure and how the workflow should be. Then you just make sure you maintain it properly to keep it stable.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Markos Symeonides - PeerSpot reviewer
Markos SymeonidesCEO North America at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees

Axios assyst has been designed as an extensible solution which allows for tailoring to meet large enterprise client's needs without the expensive customization required for Remedy or ServiceNow. This consultant mentions having on premise experience only yet is talking about monthly fees and other areas which are not indicative of the reality of the market or product offering. Axios is the ServiceNow of Europe who is now taking the US market by storm.

Ahmed Shehata - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Quality Section Head at Saudi Public Transport Company JSC
Provides deep time tracking for each action taken

What is our primary use case?

We used Assyst to apply ITIL processes for more than four years:

• Incident management
  • Service request management
  • Change management
  • Problem management
  • Asset management
  • Service level management

Then we started using it to manage our shared services center for HR, finance, facilities.

How has it helped my organization?

We applied the ISO 20000 standard using Assyst. It helps us to record all IT incidents and requests. Then we started using it to manage shared services including HR, facilities, finance.

What is most valuable?

• Great service catalog build
  • Simple administration (service catalog building — process builder)
  • Deep time tracking for each action taken
  • Pricing features
  • CMDB features.

What needs improvement?

• End-user interface
  • The concept of the main request and its related tasks or decisions
  • Reporting module
  • CMDB integration
  • Pricing for incidents
  • Knowledge management features.

Three to five years.

this solution is very stable

it is scalable and its performance is good

the customer service is not good as expected but we can say its fair

yes, we used CA service Desk then we used Microsoft Service Manager, we switched because we looked to cover more ITIL processes

the initial setup just need support from the vendor and some experience with this kind of solutions after that you can do most of the administrative functions with your self

the implementation is done by the vendor team and they are expertise and very good knowledge with the solution

we got the benefits which we expected from this solution

Assyst license has two types

one for end-users

and one for Support Staff

each one of them has the option of concurrent or dedicated license

you should know that 1 concurrent license covers up to 10 to 20 users

CA service desk

HP service Manager

Managengine Service desk

What other advice do I have?

if you do not care about user interface and want a tool to apply ITIL Processes so you can use assyst

User at Whitford
Realized benefits in reporting and overall communication after consolidating our sites
  • "The main reason for the ERP project was to bring together our fourteen sites, which had until then worked in separate silos."
  • "The CRM was shaky and although this improves in Apps 10, there is room for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

The main reason for the ERP project was to bring together our fourteen sites, which had until then worked in separate silos.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to implementation, there was a good deal of change management and relationship building carried out in order to bring everyone along. The result was a big improvement in financial reporting, business processes, and overall communication.

What is most valuable?

The user interface in Apps 8 was the big seller.

What needs improvement?

The CRM was shaky and although this improves greatly in Apps 10.

We selected IFS in 2012 and started our project in Jan 2013.

The system is extremely stable. Crashes have been extremely rare.

The scalability of the system has worked very well for us

IFS Service is great. They are very responsive and have helped us out of a couple of holes.

The previous system was siloed which meant that there was no effective oversight over the whole business. It also meant that each site began to work in slightly different ways with varying processes. We switched in order to bring the entire organization together and unify as many processes as possible. We also wanted to achieve better financial reporting, which until this point had been based on aggregating SQL databases.

The initial set up was made simpler by our philosophy of getting the basic functionality rolled out to the business. Once this was done, we began to drill down into some more complex functions. Because of the way we worked, much of this exploration could be done by colleagues who by now were very experienced with the system.

We started with a vendor team and then continued with our in-house team once the UK was live.

We were privately held (now owned by another business) at the time of the project, so our ROI was more about bringing the business together and achieving better financial reporting. This has been achieved.

There are different ways to work with vendors depending on budget. We elected to use our UK location as the pilot site. We also decided to start small (ie with the base functionality) and grow into the system as the implementation rolled out. We paid for consultancy to workshop our main functions via video link in conjunction with all of our sites - a big task considering time zones.

The IFS functional consultants, armed with the information they needed, configured the system to meet our needs and we went live in the time allotted by the project plan. Once the UK was up and running, we rolled out to our other sites in sequence. We did not have enough resource to go big bang.

Doing things this way meant that our IT team learned the system pretty much inside out. They are able to deal with all but the most complex coding problems. It also saved us a huge amount of consultancy cost. The licensing is competitive and we have expanded the number of users over time as more people have wanted access to the system. Excluding the expanded user base, we managed to keep to about 10% above the original budget. There was some creep as the advantages of the system were realized by a wider audience and the culture of the business changed.

We sent out an RFI to the top 8 systems at our level of the market. We selected the three respondents that met our needs most effectively. They were MS Dynamics, Oracle and IFS. I put together a committee of 14 colleagues consisting of members from different sites and at least one from each main business function.

I then organised reference visits with each vendor in the UK, US, Italy, Singapore and Brazil, attended by local committee members.

After the visits, we had a meeting with all committee members at our office in Italy, where each of the 3 vendors took a day to demonstrate their system from end to end, answering questions along the way.

On the 4th day of the meeting, the committee voted 12 to 2 in favour of IFS.

What other advice do I have?

Apart from the pressures of meeting 14 go-live dates, this has been a very positive experience and has led to a streamlined and effective business.

Managing Director at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Quickly identifies open tickets
  • "We could quickly understand what was going on and what the customer wanted to do."
  • "Some kind of bot assistance, some kind of artificial intelligence to help people solve the problems, would be interesting."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Assyst was in a governmental institution here in Brazil around that time. It was a project, during which we spent some time traveling in Brazil and implementing solutions. It was government implementation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature to us was the capability to quickly identify the tickets we have open with people and follow up then. It was very good. We could quickly understand what was going on and what the customer wanted to do. It's a nice feature.

What needs improvement?

I'm speaking in regards to the state of the IP in 2016, and I don't know how it has improved since that time. However, I would say that some kind of bot assistance, some kind of artificial intelligence to help people solve the problems, would be interesting.

We've used Assyst for two years.

We didn't have any problems at all with the stability of this solution.

Our maintenance is about 20 hours per month, or less. Maintenance was not significant. The product was a huge product, so we had a lot of people. When the product was in month two or three there were almost ten people. We are in 24 states here in Brazil, and a lot of offices were running at the same time. But if we're talking about just one company, even a big company, we had one or two people doing implementation.

And it wasn't a surprise in the private sector that at a big company or enterprise it would about three months of three people working.

Of course we had moments that we had to talk with the company in Edinburgh to solve some problems, and they had the answer. The answer was generally quick. We didn't usually have any problem with them. Sometimes the solution was more difficult, but not critical.

It was complex. The deployment was not a problem at all. The tool, on the whole, is very quick to set up. The problem was on the part of the customer, because they delayed a lot of things, and it was difficult to make the user respond to our questions and the needs of the project. If I compare with other solutions, the problem is that our system is too old. If you compare it with the service amount, we have a big difference in service. Now it's much better, of course. To improve the performance we had to review the accessory. It would be sometimes a radical modification.

Licensing is on an annual basis, with no additional costs.

When I came over to this company, it was decided that the product would be Assyst, so I didn't do any evaluation. However, if we had any bids with the other products Assyst unfortunately would have lost the bids.

What other advice do I have?

Based on what I know, I would rate Assyst as an eight out of ten.

Markos Symeonides - PeerSpot reviewer
Markos SymeonidesCEO North America at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees

The solution has developed and matured in line with market and enterprise client's expectations through 2020 and beyond. The latest AI/ML and automation modules are what now sets the tool apart from competition as well as the new UX which is very FB esq.

it_user341172 - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides business analytics, financial report generation, and global search.
  • "Individual user profiles that can be configured as templates to minimize data entry."
  • "Ability to place approval check-points in the custom workflow, so clients can decide what they want it."

What is most valuable?

• Business analytics
  • Financial report generation
  • Ease of use
  • Individual user profiles that can be configured as templates to minimize data entry
  • Global search

How has it helped my organization?

I work as a systems integrator. Our client has benefited as follows:

• Reduced transaction time
  • Better visibility
  • Easier tracking
  • More control on business and automation
  • Better agility: The ability to move swiftly as times and market conditions change

What needs improvement?

This product is good for certain business verticals, every product has its strengths and weakness. They are fully aware of it. Thus, they only sell in industry verticals where their solution offering is very strong. However, the product is good enough for many more industry verticals and for use as a general ERP.

Areas were I would like to see improvements:

1. Workflow designing across application modules to reflect business workflow across departments.
  2. Ability to place approval check-points in the custom workflow, so clients can decide what they want it.

We have used the solution since 2001.

We have not encountered any issues with stability.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

The technical support is generally good when you are subscribed to the Annual Maintenance and Support package. However, the global community is not good for support if you are looking for outside help.

As system integrators, we have switched companies from other products to IFS. We have also switched some companies from IFS to Oracle. Some of the reasons were:

• It is hard to find qualified IFS resources who can work as full-time client employees.
  • Customization can only be done by IFS and not by the clients themselves.
  • There are no development tools for clients even if they want to purchase.

The setup was very straightforward.

Conduct tough negotiations regarding price and services. It is better to buy implementation services from IFS than from partners. Not many partners have well qualified resources and are not formally trained on the latest product version.

We evaluated Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Epicor, and Sage.

What other advice do I have?

It is better to buy implementation services from IFS than from partners.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are not product or vendor inclined. We perform client requirement assessments and suggest products that best suit business needs and pain areas. We are not a customer, we are system integrators and implement IFS , Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics as ERP and we also do HIS (Hospital Information System) Implementation besides Integration B2B Projects.
Product & Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It is based on industry standards that are using a multi-tier deployment model.

What is most valuable?

IFS Applications is based on industry standards that are using a multi-tier deployment model. This makes it much easier to integrate IFS Applications with other enterprise software packages.

The user interface of IFS applications is easy to learn and move around. The interface is based on the latest technology and offers many features for filtering, searching and navigating.

IFS Applications is based on open architecture. It uses component-based service-oriented architecture (SOA) built on open standards. The application’s component-based architecture has allowed us to develop in-house and tailor the system to suit our needs.

How has it helped my organization?

It reduces the need for customization and can easily be modified by our developers.

With IFS Applications, we have a solution that can be tailored to match the demands of our projects.

We have been using this product for 12 years.

We have never had any scalability issues.

For extreme scalability and reliability, IFS supports deployment models ranging
from small servers to large, high-performance database servers with multiple applications servers running in parallel.

I rate the level of customer service a good 8/10.

I rate the level of technical support a good 6/10.

We did not use a different solution before purchasing this one.

The initial setup or implementation was a little more complex than I expected. We purchased a pre-configured version.

This software is sold under a user-based pricing model. This includes access to all the modules of the system, which you can turn on or off for each user based on security.

If you only need a limited amount of functionally now and in the future, buying a module-based system will usually save you money. However, module-based pricing will limit the scalability of your ERP system. For many companies, user-based pricing is often a better value and a better investment – you get more for your money and room to grow.

Before choosing, we evaluated the other options.

What other advice do I have?

IFS Applications contains a number of features including financials, CRM, quality management, human resources, document management, business intelligence and more...

Using pre-packaged process solutions, IFS maps your business processes to functionality that already exists within IFS Applications. By only using the best functionality from IFS Applications, you get a comprehensive off-the-shelf solution with fewer modifications.

it_user135945 - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides warehouse functionality. The pricing matrix allowed us to implement an automated pricing model.

What is most valuable?

Pricing matrix and warehouse functionality.

• Pricing Matrix: Allowed us to implement a very complex "go to market" pricing model. This allowed us to tailor pricing to individual customer requirements. We could implement an automated pricing model that maximized gross profit in a very competitive environment.
  • Warehouse Functionality: In ERP terms is rich, allowing us to run three separate businesses in a shared warehouse environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has enforced process discipline within the business. This led to increased efficiencies and reduced errors. At the same time, it gave business visibility to operational and senior management.

What needs improvement?

Usability could be improved.

My time with the product has spanned two years. There was eighteen months during the implementation process, and six months after go-live.

The product is generally stable. It is no better or worse that other ERP packages that I have used.

We have only had scalability issues in terms of hardware. The product scales well. However, the original hardware requirements were not specified high enough to meet the number of users. We increased disk I/O on the server to resolve this issue.

Local Australian based support is good. This consists mainly of product consultants, subject matter experts, and project managers.

As the product is developed overseas, customization that requires programming takes longer than originally expected.

We had a bespoke green screen-based ERP with limited functionality.

We changed solutions to get better functionality and a modern, supported platform to take us forward for the foreseeable future.

The initial implementation was more complex than expected. We purchased a pre-configured version. We were told that it would fit our business model.

During implementation, it was found to be inadequate. Additional configuration changes had to be made throughout the implementation phase.

Both the pricing and licensing need to be negotiated up front. If possible, include future expansion plans in terms of additional users and modules. The best discounts are applied at the initial purchasing stage.

We evaluated two other SAP products.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that you include a "Fit/Gap analysis" workshop as part of the evaluation process. This may add to the cost, but will reduce the number of issues that need to be resolved during the project implementation.

Download our free ERP Report and find out what your peers are saying about IFS, SAP, Oracle, and more!
Updated: November 2022