IFS Applications OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IFS Applications is the #1 ranked solution in top License Management tools, #2 ranked solution in top Enterprise Asset Management tools, #3 ranked solution in top Field Service Management tools, #8 ranked solution in top Activity Based Costing Software, #14 ranked solution in top ERP tools, #15 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools, #26 ranked solution in top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools, and #29 ranked solution in top Help Desk Software. PeerSpot users give IFS Applications an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. IFS Applications is most commonly compared to SAP ERP: IFS Applications vs SAP ERP. IFS Applications is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IFS Applications?

IFS develops and delivers cloud enterprise software for companies around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. Within our single platform, our industry specific products are innately connected to a single data model and use embedded digital innovation so that our customers can be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™​​​​​​​. The industry expertise of our people and of our growing ecosystem, together with a commitment to deliver value at every single step, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,500 employees every day live our values of agility, trustworthiness and collaboration in how we support our 10,000+ customers. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.

IFS Applications was previously known as Assyst.

IFS Applications Customers

Carlsberg, Pukka, Aston Martin, Sky, China Airlines, Cimcorp, Mini, Pepsi.

IFS Applications Video

IFS Applications Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IFS Applications pricing:
  • "IFS Applications is expensive software, but it's on par with SAP and Oracle. It's for large enterprises and government entities and not for small and medium-sized enterprises. They have one licensing model, but if you want to have a module-specific license, they provide component-based licenses. Unlike SAP and Oracle, it doesn't have different levels of licensing. It's one level of licensing."
  • "There's an additional yearly cost for support."
  • IFS Applications Reviews

Abdul Faheem - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr. Project Consultant (IFS-Complex MRO Process) at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    A cloud-based ERP solution with a useful maintenance module, but post-implementation support could be better
    • "The best feature is the maintenance module, which is essentially an industry-specific workflow designed with a manufacturing module as per industry standards. It's very precise and specific without having complex functionalities. It's straightforward. Field Service Management is definitely a wonderful product that IFS has developed because it caters to field services. The energy and utility sectors can answer their business needs using the software."
    • "The integration is a bit complex, and post-implementation support services need to be improved. They have a service center based out of Sri Lanka. The support aspect is good, but the response time is a little slower than we anticipated. In the next release, it would be better if Warehouse Management could be improvised. They have a product line that's a data warehouse management system, but it's still premature and requires a bit of enhancement."

What is our primary use case?

I'm working on UPD 12 and IFS cloud applications. IFS has multiple product lines from ERP systems to Enterprise Asset Management and service management system. They also offer a maintenance module, provide operational inclusion software, and R&D. These are their main offerings. I have used this application in two industries, predominantly in manufacturing and aero defense. Both sectors have successfully deployed this solution. So far, we have good testimonies from Emirates Airlines, Lockheed Martin, and many other regional players who are into independent fleet management or MRO kind of services.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is the maintenance module, which is essentially an industry-specific workflow designed with a manufacturing module as per industry standards. It's very precise and specific without having complex functionalities. It's straightforward. Field Service Management is definitely a wonderful product that IFS has developed because it caters to field services. The energy and utility sectors can answer their business needs using the software.

What needs improvement?

The integration is a bit complex, and post-implementation support services need to be improved. They have a service center based out of Sri Lanka. The support aspect is good, but the response time is a little slower than we anticipated.

I have been working with IFS Applications for eight years.

ERP
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about IFS, SAP, Oracle and others in ERP. Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a stable product and I would say that it's reliable.

Scalability is complex because of dependencies. For any core level modification, it's not that easy like other product lines because the OEM vendors give the choice of modifying the core. However, IFS doesn't appreciate modifying the core, and there's a restriction there. You really have to change the application to match the business requirements. It's a kind of a complex scenario. We have about 300 people currently using this solution.

Their post-implementation support is good but a little slower than anticipated.

The initial setup is a complex process, and it's not a simple implementation. But the methodology that IFS follows is Agile, and it's a patented approach. It's not the generic approach we follow that makes the implementation simplified. It's definitely complex and not a straight-fit product line. Cross-functionality dependencies are there, and it's not simple. It's definitely a complex implementation.

An integrator helped us to implement this solution. This product line is dependent on integrators, OEMs, and Windows because the resource pool isn't readily available. Reachability is less, and they have very limited resources available in the market. For any kind of support activities, either we have to rely on integrators or the vendor directly. However, we have a dedicated maintenance team within the company.

IFS Applications is expensive software, but it's on par with SAP and Oracle. It's for large enterprises and government entities and not for small and medium-sized enterprises. They have one licensing model, but if you want to have a module-specific license, they provide component-based licenses. Unlike SAP and Oracle, it doesn't have different levels of licensing. It's one level of licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that they need to consider change management because there could be a lot of resistance from the end-users because of the complexity of running this application. The output is very advanced, but you would really need to put in some effort to achieve that.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give IFS Applications a seven.

Hybrid Cloud
    GirirajInja - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of IT operations at Karma tecnology
    User-friendly interface but lacking robustness
    • "IFS Applications' best feature is the user-friendly interface that has a .NET Framework application in the front end and an Oracle database and WebLogic middleware."
    • "IFS Applications is not robust enough to handle high-volume transactions, so it's not suitable for larger enterprises."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use IFS Applications for auto management and manufacturing modules.

How has it helped my organization?

IFS Applications has improved our conduct of business.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

IFS Applications is not robust enough to handle high-volume transactions, so it's not suitable for larger enterprises. It's also lacking flexibility in platform compatibility - it's more compatible with Windows than other platforms. In the next release, IFS Applications should include compatibility with mobile devices.

I've been using IFS Applications for around two years.

IFS Applications is stable.

IFS Applications is scalable because it has a .Net application and WebLogic, which give it more flexibility in terms of scalability.

IFS Applications' technical support is good, but it needs to evolve in comparison to competitors like Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward, and even less-experienced people should be able to handle it. Deployment will take around six months for small organizations and a year for larger ones.

We collaborated with a vendor team.

There's an additional yearly cost for support.

What other advice do I have?

IFS Applications is very user-friendly and easy to deploy, and it's suitable for small and medium enterprises. However, I would advise that user training and support are essential to ensure users get the hang of the product. I would give IFS Applications a rating of six out of ten.

ERP
    November 2022
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Ratheesh  G - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manager at Hal
    Good distribution model but cumbersome to use and lacking support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the distribution module.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement would be transactions, which can be tedious to complete as the process is very complex.

I've been using this solution for five years.

We have had an issue that we don't get proper after-sale service when we get technical glitches.

I previously used SAP, which I prefer as it's less cumbersome than IFS. SAP also has better technical support.

The initial setup was complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IFS as five out of ten.

Download our free ERP Report and find out what your peers are saying about IFS, SAP, Oracle, and more!
    Updated: November 2022