We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Huawei Wireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Huawei Wireless is #7 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give Huawei Wireless an average rating of 8 out of 10. Huawei Wireless is most commonly compared to D-Link Wireless: Huawei Wireless vs D-Link Wireless. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 48% of all views.
What is Huawei Wireless?
Huawei WLAN products are compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards to establish high-speed, secure, and reliable wireless network connections for indoor and outdoor applications.WLAN products can be used in enterprise offices, schools, hospitals, large shopping malls, exhibition centers, airports, and more.

Huawei Wireless was previously known as Huawei WLAN.

Huawei Wireless Buyer's Guide

Download the Huawei Wireless Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Huawei Wireless Customers
Anhui Agricultural University (AAU), China Everbright Bank
Huawei Wireless Video

Archived Huawei Wireless Reviews (more than two years old)

SyedAbdul Quadeer
Network Engineering at Hawsabah
Easy to manage and stable, but needs better integration capabilities
  • "The solution is easily managed compared to other wireless solutions."
  • "The solution should offer more integration with third-party servers and devices."

What is most valuable?

The handover is seamless whenever the users connect to the access point.

The solution is easily managed compared to other wireless solutions.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We have more than 3,000 users on the solution currently, and we do plan to increase usage.

Technical support is not great. Whenever I open a case, I don't get any immediate support. You have to wait for at least 24 hours. Once you do get a hold of them, the quality of their suggestions are good. It's the wait time that needs to be fixed. It should be much more immediate for clients.

We previously used Cisco wireless. We switched due to a decision made by our management team.

The initial setup is a little bit complex. Sometimes the Huawei access point doesn't support POE. You also need a big team for maintenance. We have 30-40 people, for example.

In comparison to Cisco, the pricing isn't bad.

What other advice do I have?

We're a consultant and support many companies and end-users.

We use the 5060 and 6020 access points, among others. We use the private cloud deployment model for medium-sized companies.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

MuhittinAkar
Network Security Expert at Seçil Kauçuk
Excellent roaming features, good scalability and an easy set up
  • "The solution's roaming feature is very nice. When you move to another place it automatically changes the access point. It's one of the most valuable features."
  • "The technical support needs to be improved. They also need to produce some more technical guides."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a wireless LAN.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The technical support needs to be improved. They also need to produce some more technical guides.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable. Once you set up, you don't need to touch it again.

If you have an access controller, the solution is scalable. Our clients are typically medium-sized enterprises. We have about 200 users.

Technical support is not ideal. They sometimes cannot connect to the wireless access point or their connection drops.

The initial setup is simple. It usually takes one day to deploy the solution. You only need one person to maintain it once it is set up.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice I'd give to others considering implementing the solution is that it's easy to use if they use an access controller.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher but they don't offer a good technical guide which means you ultimately need to search and try out solutions for yourself.

Learn what your peers think about Huawei Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager, ICT and Partnerships at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Stellar solution with good stability but the visibility needs improvement
  • "That would be more of engineering at this point. I'm from more of the business side. It's pretty much doing the standard installations with portal integrations and integrations with the Mac."
  • "Improving the visibility, control offered, and cloud management would all be very helpful. Also how you can monetize the information you get from Wi-Fi controllers should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use the on-premises version. I believe they don't have a private cloud offering yet on the controller. Either way, it's on-premises that we are using now.

What is most valuable?

That would be more of engineering at this point. I'm from more of the business side. It's pretty much doing the standard installations with portal integrations and integrations with the Mac.

What needs improvement?

We have been using and reselling this solution for almost three years now.

It's pretty stable.

The scalability depends on which model you are using. It is pretty scalable for an enterprise. We haven't tried it on a cloud model, so I wouldn't know.

We don't have that many users internally. We're mostly using it for some fragments in the innovation center. We mainly use a different solution. We are using it in different fragments of the management department. We don't have a bulk of users there, but as an estimate, you could say 50 to 60 users.

The customer support is pretty good.

We have different vendors we work with. We work with Cisco and Aruba as well.

We do a standard installation unless there's a requirement from the customer to customize it. If there is customization, that can get as complex as it can be in an enterprise environment.

Deployment time varies. There's no standard. A very standard configuration is about a day or two, but that still depends.

We have all sizes of customers.

What other advice do I have?

It's a pretty good solution. The design has to be right. If the design is done properly and the conditions are right, it's a stellar product.

It would probably be a seven or eight out of ten.