IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

HPE Superdome X OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Superdome X is #7 ranked solution in top Blade Servers. PeerSpot users give HPE Superdome X an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. HPE Superdome X is most commonly compared to Dell PowerEdge M: HPE Superdome X vs Dell PowerEdge M. HPE Superdome X is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Blade Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is HPE Superdome X?
HPE Superdome X is an HPE server that represents a new category of x86 modular, mission-critical systems to consolidate all tiers of critical applications on a common platform. Engineered with trusted Superdome 2 reliability, the HPE Superdome X includes a modular, bladed design, and shares HPE BladeSystem efficiencies including a common server management framework, supported from x86 to Superdome 2. With breakthrough innovations such as the fault-tolerant Crossbar Fabric and Error Analysis Engine coupled with hard partitioning capabilities, Superdome X sets the standard for mission-critical x86 computing.

HPE Superdome X was previously known as HP Integrity Superdome, HP Superdome X.

HPE Superdome X Customers
Pella
HPE Superdome X Video

HPE Superdome X Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Superdome X pricing:
"There is a very expensive one-time cost with no licensing fees."

HPE Superdome X Reviews

OmobolajiOlaloku - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Enterprise System Engineer at Zenith-bank
High resilience, performs well, and high availability
  • "The most valuable features of HPE Superdome X are speed, performance, and resilience."
  • "HPE Superdome X can improve by adding a lot of cloud capabilities to allow this solution to be cloud-ready in case the customer wants to move it to the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

HPE Superdome X is used in my data center for our core banking application.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of HPE Superdome X are speed, performance, and resilience.

What needs improvement?

HPE Superdome X can improve by adding a lot of cloud capabilities to allow this solution to be cloud-ready in case the customer wants to move it to the cloud.

I have been using HPE Superdome X for approximately five years.

Blade Servers
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell Technologies, Lenovo and others in Blade Servers. Updated: July 2022.
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

HPE Superdome X is highly stable.

The scalability of HPE Superdome X is very good. It's easily scalable. We can scale it on the fly without having any downside. It's very agile.

Our IT department of approximately six people using this solution. We do not have plans to increase usage at this time.

The support from HPE Superdome X is good but it could improve.

I rate the support from HPE Superdome X a four out of five.

I have previously used IBM. We switched to HPE Superdome X because some applications could not run on IBM.

The initial setup of HPE Superdome X was very straightforward. It took us a month to set it up and bring it to an application-ready stage.

I rate the setup difficulty of HPE Superdome X a two out of five.

We used the vendor partner to do the implementation of HPE Superdome X.

I have evaluated other solutions and HPE Superdome X is very good compared to the competitors.

What other advice do I have?

HPE Superdome X is a very resilient infrastructure, and stable. We've been able to achieve 99.999 percent availability.

I rate HPE Superdome X an eight out of ten.

DGM at Bharat Electronics Limited
Highly available, straightforward to deploy, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

This product is a file server and we use it to host SAP ERP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the high availability.

What needs improvement?

The price of this product should be cheaper.

It would be helpful if you could do the maintenance completely online.

I have been working with HPE Superdome X for several years, since 2013.

This product is very reliable.

This is a scalable solution. We have approximately 10,000 users. We don't plan on expanding our usage at this time.

We have a dedicated account support manager and we are satisfied with the technical support.

The installation process is very straightforward. It took four days to complete the deployment. We needed eight engineers to complete it.

We used an integrator to assist with our implementation.

There is a very expensive one-time cost with no licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it.

Download our free Blade Servers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell Technologies, Lenovo, and more!
Updated: July 2022