Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Gurucul OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Gurucul is #15 ranked solution in top User Behavior Analytics - UEBA tools. PeerSpot users give Gurucul an average rating of 6.6 out of 10. Gurucul is most commonly compared to Securonix Next-Gen SIEM: Gurucul vs Securonix Next-Gen SIEM. Gurucul is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the User Behavior Analytics - UEBA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Gurucul?

Gurucul Risk Analytics is built upon our core PIBAE architecture (Predictive Identity Based Behavior Anomaly Engine). PIBAE identifies anomalous behaviors across users, accounts, applications, and devices by leveraging behavior analytics, machine learning, and peer group modeling.

Our big data enabled approach provides organizations’ with risk based compliance, continuous access governance and protection from under-the-radar cyber campaigns and sophisticated insider activity like IP Theft, Data Exfiltration and Privilege Access Abuse. Gurucul provides a Hybrid Behavior Analytics (HBA) architecture with the breadth of Identity Analytics to User & Entity Behavior Analytics, and the depth from cloud apps to on-premises behavior.

Gurucul Customers

Global semi-conductor company

Gurucul Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Gurucul pricing:
  • "The price is fair. In fact, I believe it was on the cheaper side when compared to the competition."
  • "The price of Gurucul is competitive."
  • Gurucul Reviews

Security Architect
    MSP
    A unified security and risk analytics solution with a useful reporting feature, but it could be more stable
    • "The reporting feature was the key differentiator. I also liked the ability to create dynamic rules in the environment."
    • "It could be more stable."

What is our primary use case?

We carried out proof of concepts with certain projects for our customers. We deployed it, improved it, and so on.

What is most valuable?

The reporting feature was the key differentiator. I also liked the ability to create dynamic rules in the environment. This is like an icebreaker for any customer to look forward to because once you do this kind of proof of concept or a demo in their environment, you can show what it looks like and enrich the visibility.

What needs improvement?

It could be more stable.

It could be more stable. Sometimes when working in multiple customer environments, there were some issues with features. There were some stability concerns that used to pop up.

User Behavior Analytics - UEBA
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Gurucul, Securonix Solutions, Exabeam and others in User Behavior Analytics - UEBA. Updated: September 2022.
    634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Scalability is good. You can say for on-prem analytics, building the data lake, and a number of resources that have been used in an on-prem kind of deployment, it is tremendous. If you are moving away from an on-prem, you will get the scale on-demand on a cloud.

But investment with the customer and support in terms of the hardware is comparatively a bit higher. But you always need to come back to the ROI, how it would be beneficial, what scale you're looking forward to, and so on. It's probably better to look at a hybrid environment if you're considering the higher side.

Technical support was fair. I will not say that it was too great or too bad. But they know their work, and they were able to get all the things done.

The initial setup is complex. In fact, to get it deployed, you need their people to get it installed because there are a lot of scripts, there are a lot of customizations that need to be done manually on the device. In terms of user-friendliness, it's cool to manage the solution. But typically, if there are some integrations and things like that, you need the vendor's help.

We used the vendor's help.

The price is fair. In fact, I believe it was on the cheaper side when compared to the competition. But the customer needs to look at the pricing in terms of the entire solution. The hardware used to supersede the subscription services. Bundling the solutions typically for on-prem guys, along with the hardware, used to cost a lot. But for customers who are large and already had the hardware in place, this wasn't a problem.

What other advice do I have?

From my experience Gurucul, I would say that it is fairly good.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Gurucul a seven.

CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Highly customizable, reliable, but support could improve

What is our primary use case?

I am using Gurucul for FIEM and UEBA.

We are providing solutions to our customers using this tool.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Gurucul is the ability to customize and it is on the Hadoop platform that has a lot of flexibility.

What needs improvement?

Gurucul can improve on the online documentation. They should educate the end users more to allow them to do everything themselves.

I have been using Gurucul for a long time.

The stability of Gurucul is good.

Gurucul is scalable.

The support could improve.

I would rate the support from Gurucul a two out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup of Gurucul is not complicated, but it's not straightforward. It would be best to have some experience before you implemented it.

I rate the initial setup of Gurucul a three out of five.

The price of Gurucul is competitive.

I rate the price of Gurucul a three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Gurucul a six out of seven.