IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Google Data Studio OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Google Data Studio?

Google Data Studio (beta) turns your data into informative dashboards and reports that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable. Dashboarding allows you to tell great data stories to support better business decisions.

Google Data Studio was previously known as Data Studio.

Download the Reporting Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2022

Google Data Studio Customers

Genesys, Shueisha

Google Data Studio Video

Archived Google Data Studio Reviews (more than two years old)

Cloud Data Architect at Burwood Group
MSP
Easy to use and offers a plethora of query sources

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for business reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

This has improved our organization by allowing people to see their data and develop visualizations themselves.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are its ease of use and the plethora of query sources.

What needs improvement?

There is a significant degree of sophistication required to compete with Tableau or Cognos.

We have been using this solution for three years.
Noah David Peterson Bell - PeerSpot reviewer
Electronic Engineer at InvenSense
The ability to integrate with a great variety of data sources
  • "The ability to integrate with a great variety of data sources."
  • "The ability to design complex data models and equations."
  • "Insisting on forums, blogs and community outreach in communications, and posting videos on an established calendar would be useful."

What is our primary use case?

The product is very simple and easy to use, even if you have no experience in analysis or BI, which was the case in this company.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a great tool if your organization leverages other sets of Google tools and needs some quick ideas that are a prettier and more interactive than Google Analytics.

What is most valuable?

The ability to integrate with a great variety of data sources and the ability to design complex data models and equations.

What needs improvement?

Insisting on forums, blogs and community outreach in communications, and posting videos on an established calendar would be useful. Nowadays, people are visual or audio or even both in terms of acquiring new knowledge.

Reporting Tools
April 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, Tableau and others in Reporting Tools. Updated: April 2022.
595,546 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Oscar Francisco Jimenez Colmenares - PeerSpot reviewer
Docente at U.E.N Aime Bonpland
Valuable features include advanced integrated analysis and easy implementation
  • "Valuable features include advanced integrated analysis and easy implementation."
  • "Panels are not as easy to use as other data extraction UIs."
  • "It's not yet a replacement for a complete BI tool."

What is our primary use case?

We have used Google Data Studio with Google Analytics to better view our information.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution is a powerful way to have several tools integrated at one location and convert data into beautiful reports that can be easily edited and viewed.

What is most valuable?

• Collaboration and social BI
  • Advanced integrated analysis
  • Easy implementation
  • Manager

What needs improvement?

All panels, although they are easy to navigate once you have a clear understanding of the software, are not as easy to use as other data extraction UIs. Although you can start with basic Google tools education, you will need a solid explanation of data extraction.

If you do not have a complete BI tool, evaluate if your organization will have the need for one in the future. I'm sure Data Studios will grow and expand in the future, but it's not yet a complete replacement.