IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is #8 ranked solution in top Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools. PeerSpot users give CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is most commonly compared to BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management: CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager vs BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management. CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager?

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager enables organizations to enforce least privilege policies for business and administrative users, as well as control applications to reduce the attack surface without halting productivity. The solution helps organizations revoke everyday local administrator privileges from business users while seamlessly elevating privileges when required by trusted applications. CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager also enables security teams to enforce granular least privilege policies for IT administrators, helping organizations effectively segregate duties on Windows servers. Complementing these privilege controls, the solution also delivers application controls, which are designed to manage and control which applications are permitted to run on endpoints and servers and prevent malicious applications from penetrating the environment.

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager was previously known as Viewfinity.

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Customers

Clearstream, McKesson, Boston Childrens Hospital

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Video

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager pricing:
  • "Pricing depends on how many devices you use. Right now, on-premise, it costs us a little, but it's worth it. It seems like the cloud solution is much more expensive. We got this solution one year ago, and it's like we bought the solution, and now they are not going to support it on-premise anymore. We are in the implementation phase, and we missed this, and we already paid for the licenses. This is wasted time from my perspective, and CyberArk should be more customer-friendly."
  • "I think that it was in the range of $200,000 that had to get approved."
  • "The price of CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is expensive."
  • "The cost for CyberArk is very high."
  • CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Reviews

IT Security Service Specialist at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    An endpoint security solution with a useful admin rights management feature, but performance could be better
    • "I like that you can remove the admin rights from the user's computer and have control over the environment. That means you can delete the local admins and grant them proper privileges with the console. So, they will get proper permissions for applications they need, but we don't have to do it. In the domain where we don't have control, the user can only do specified actions, but not all of them."
    • "Performance could be better. We have a couple of problems with CyberArk right now. One of the problems is performance in our environment. Support also takes a long time to respond. If the user already has local admin rights, then I can't collect any events in the console from this device. There are also some options in CyberArk that are not working properly, and are not helpful in this case. I can't collect any information to create a proper policy for the device. I have to investigate everything manually, or even disable the local admin from the device. I can collect the events only after this, and it's very time consuming. In my case, it's a waste of resources."

What is our primary use case?

We use CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager mainly for privilege management.

How has it helped my organization?

It's helped us manage our security processes. Our main goal is to have more specified permissions for the users and to take back control of the environment. Because local admins are used globally, there isn't much control in the environment. But with this, we can know what's going on and report it properly.

What is most valuable?

I like that you can remove the admin rights from the user's computer and have control over the environment. That means you can delete the local admins and grant them proper privileges with the console. So, they will get proper permissions for applications they need, but we don't have to do it. In the domain where we don't have control, the user can only do specified actions, but not all of them.

What needs improvement?

Performance could be better. We have a couple of problems with CyberArk right now. One of the problems is performance in our environment. Support also takes a long time to respond.

If the user already has local admin rights, then I can't collect any events in the console from this device. There are also some options in CyberArk that are not working properly, and are not helpful in this case.

I can't collect any information to create a proper policy for the device. I have to investigate everything manually, or even disable the local admin from the device. I can collect the events only after this, and it's very time consuming. In my case, it's a waste of resources.

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager
    August 2022
    Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
    622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been dealing CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager for about one year.

It's not a stable solution because you have to restart the server once a week. However, we didn't experience any problems on the end-user computers, only with the servers.

The solution is scalable, but it requires a lot of work. We have tens of thousands of devices. Overall, it's nearly applied on every device. But when we're talking about something like 30,000 devices, it's hard to manage.

When it comes to the global configuration, we are right now in the deployment stage, and it will take a lot of time. It also takes a lot of work from our side to implement it appropriately. It's not as easy as just installing it, and it works. It has to be done step by step.

I'm not satisfied with technical support. In my previous experience, we were waiting a couple of days for their response. We're having this problem for a couple of months now, and the problem is still not solved. You also need some training to create a support ticket, and I have to pay for this. From my perspective, this is like stealing.

The initial setup depends on the configuration you want. CyberArk is pretty flexible, so you can do it around multiple configurations. If you want to get your environment in a pretty simple setup, then it's quite easy. If you want to do much more, then there's a lot to work on. But overall, it's pretty easy to manage.

Pricing depends on how many devices you use. Right now, on-premise, it costs us a little, but it's worth it. It seems like the cloud solution is much more expensive. We got this solution one year ago, and it's like we bought the solution, and now they are not going to support it on-premise anymore. We are in the implementation phase, and we missed this, and we already paid for the licenses. This is wasted time from my perspective, and CyberArk should be more customer-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise poential users to instantly look for a solution in the cloud if they want to go with CyberArk. Don't get the on-premise version.

I'm not satisfied with the EPM, and I'm just looking to see if there's any other solution that we can get. This is also because CyberArk is ending support for on-premise solutions in 2023. So, in our case, we will have to move to the cloud, and the cloud is much more expensive than just using the solution we have right now.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager a six.

Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Supports dynamically-generated keys, it's stable, and has automatic lifecylce management
    • "The most valuable feature is that it does lifecycle management and that it will change to whatever the end target is."
    • "It's an old product and has many areas that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Because we are dealing with personal health information, we have had to setup up a security broker for admin access in and out of the accounts.

They wanted to have a break-glass solution in case there was a problem with the multi-factor authentication or any other issues.

We chose to use CyberArk for their failover abilities. If the Multi-factor authentication fails then you can still log in and it has a second factor that authenticates.

It gives them the break glass option that they needed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it does lifecycle management and that it will change to whatever the end target is. For example, you can go into Azure AD, a backup directory, or a set of Google cloud platforms.

It will do lifecycle management on the keys. It makes it so that you won't have to ever have a standard key.

It's generating dynamically keys and you can enforce policy easier.

As you start adjusting your key lengths and everything further, you can adjust them all in a single day.

What needs improvement?

It's an old product and has many areas that can be improved.

They are having to purchase Centrify to get a Linux client session that is authenticated against Active Directory.

If you wanted to log in and use your ID credentials into Linux boxes, the solution that worked was not CyberArk, it was Centrify. They had to purchase two different products to do the same thing.

The interface is not great, but good.

In the next release, I would like to see a Linux Client added.

I have been using CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager, since the early 2000s.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Management is scalable.

We have 1200 users in our organization.

Technical support is fine, they are better than what they used to be.

The initial setup is complex because you are dealing with federated credentials across multiple authentication protocols.

We did not use a vendor or reseller. I am there as a consultant.

I think that it was in the range of $200,000  that had to get approved. That may have been for the whole three to five years for the project length.

What other advice do I have?

I basically am trying to drive their digital transformation and do the overall build a mass data network for their data strategy. Building out different APIs and different things.

Building out a blockchain security framework to allow HIPAA compliance where you can go in at the portability of their data to pull in and out without creating an issue with the payers.

I would recommend this solution depending on what the business needs are. I'm a big proponent for keeping things simple and trying to avoid unneeded complexity.

The company demanded certain things and only wanted to do it one way, and the way they wanted to do is what we got stuck with.

The API mobilities are there, they exist and they are okay, but as a framework and in total is worrisome because it's not a stateless application.

It doesn't appear to be moving forward. It's still a type of software-oriented architecture instead of moving to microservices, where it could be stateless. If it were stateless, and it failed during a password change, you would see it as a failure and go back to the original password.

I think that they have a lot of work to do to get there.

Hybrid Cloud
    CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager
    August 2022
    622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Network Security & Data Management Admin at Digitaltrack
    Reseller
    Review about CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager
    • "The department management aspect of the solution is the most valuable aspect."
    • "Technical support is slow to respond when we run into issues."

What is our primary use case?

We are implementing this product to control the Privilege account. For example, from a Cyber Privilege account, we just want to know what the user is doing and how to control it. We use it for security and monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The department management aspect of the solution is the most valuable aspect.

The screen the color options are very good.

The solution does a good job of assisting with the monitoring of users.

Basic integrations of users are very straightforward. It's easy to assign them the rules, et cetera.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is slow to respond when we run into issues.

We haven't really faced too many issues so far. There are some small issues here and there, however, it hasn't been anything major.

We've faced some delays in tax reporting.

When you're trying to integrate the other products, there are some workarounds which we have to do. We'd like the integration of security to be easier.

We expected it to be very easy for the people who are deploying and managing the product, however, that isn't necessarily the case.

We've only been dealing with the solution for about a year or so. It's a somewhat recent addition to the company.

The product has a very stable history. I've not heard of any issues. There doesn't seem to be problems with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Any issue we've had has been extremely minor. It's reliable.

The solution is scalable, even though we have had some difficulties here and there. We had a client who purchased an extra 50 licenses and we faced some complications around that, however, it did end up working out just fine in the end.

Technical support does not cause us issues. They are supporting us just fine. Presently, they are very good.

That said, reaching them is a bit of a problem. It's complicated. It can take a lot of time. I don't know where the delay is happening, or why, yet, often, when we reach out, we have trouble.

Otherwise, they are very good and very capable. We are mostly satisfied with their level of support.

I did not handle the installation myself. I have done one recently, however, I did it with the assistance of our distributor. As I've only ever done one implementation personally, it's hard to comment on the process. I'm still quite new to it.

We can implement the solution for our clients. I myself have recently handled my first implementation, and I did that with the help of our distributor.

I'm more on the technical side. I don't typically deal with the pricing of products. I can't speak to the licensing, how it works, or how much it costs. That's handled by a different team.

We have tried other products. We have tried, for example, BeyondTrust, and the MicroFocus Time Solution. However, neither was what we expected and therefore we need up coming back to CyberArk.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers and an implementor of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Product-wise we don't face that many issues, and basic integration of users and assigning them the rules and other stuff like that is, compared to other options, very straightforward.

TeguhBudyantara - PeerSpot reviewer
    Professional Services Manager at PT Korelasi Persada Indonesia
    Useful password reset, suitable for large enterprises, and stable
    • "The most valuable feature of CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is its ability to reset passwords every time that it is needed or periodically."
    • "CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is not suitable for the current situation because when you compare it to OTP, OTP is the strongest password solution. You can use it as a one-time password, but you have to log into the password manager itself and if you don't change your password, it will be the weakest link in the security. In OTP, you don't have that weakest link."

What is our primary use case?

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is used for compliance with password policies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is its ability to reset passwords every time that it is needed or periodically.

What needs improvement?

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is not suitable for the current situation because when you compare it to OTP, OTP is the strongest password solution. You can use it as a one-time password, but you have to log into the password manager itself and if you don't change your password, it will be the weakest link in the security. In OTP, you don't have that weakest link.

I have been using CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager for approximately five years.

CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is stable.

The scalability of CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is good. The capacity is not in high demand in the resources. When you set up a new server, you can use it for approximately 5,000 users of devices. When you buy the largest system, then you don't have to scale it anymore.

Best suited for medium to large enterprises.

I have not used the support from CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager.

The initial setup of CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is straightforward.

The price of CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is that CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager is not for small to medium enterprises. It is best suited for medium to large enterprises because it is not cheap. When you want to implement the password manager and your CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager, you have to know what you are doing and what kind of a policy you want to implement in detail, otherwise, you will have no leverage in using the solution.

I rate CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager a nine out of ten.

Manager at Happiest Minds Technologies
    Reseller
    Secure database with distributed architecture

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that their database is completely encrypted and protected with multiple layers.

What needs improvement?

Compared to other tools like Linux, this solution isn't as user-friendly. In the next release, CyberArk should add integration with PAM tools, blacklisting and whitelisting for applications, and adaptive MFA.

I've been working with this solution for five years.

CyberArk is stable, but upgrading or patching requires a lot of downtime.

CyberArk is scalable - we can fit it to different environments from small to large because it has been designed in a distributed way.

The technical support is quite good, but we have had issues with logs filling up and not always getting accurate resolutions.

This initial setup is complex even for small organizations and requires at least five to six days to complete, more for bigger organizations.

The cost for CyberArk is very high.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this solution a rating of eight out of ten.

Download our free CyberArk Endpoint Privilege Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: August 2022