IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

CloudGuard for Application Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Application Security Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is CloudGuard for Application Security?

Your applications are evolving faster than ever, and malicious actors are capitalizing on the speed and scale of working in the cloud. With CloudGuard AppSec, you can stop OWASP Top 10 attacks, prevent bot attacks and stop any malicious interaction with your applications and APIs- across any environment.

In fact, 90% of CloudGuard AppSec customers run the solution in prevent mode, and with continuous learning, your app will remain protected even as DevOps releases new content. Remain confident in your application threat prevention, with automated web application and API protection.

CloudGuard for Application Security was previously known as CloudGuard AppSec.

CloudGuard for Application Security Reviews

AnujVerma - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant at EXL
Easy API integration, highly replicable, and offers a trial version
  • "It is a highly scalable solution with a quick turnaround time for deployment and running of the software across any IT system."
  • "Cost reduction and trial period extension should be considered with some lucrative discount offerings in buying standard versions."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point CloudGuard Application Security is a one-stop unified solution for securing workloads and IT assets most efficiently. The Web Application Firewalls of this solution are designed in a most customizable and advanced manner, which suits different requirements in an effortless way.

Also, all APIs integrated with our IT system are completely prevented and secured by this product. It helps restrict malware attacks on our APIs and enables the blacking of any malware and phishing elements in the system.

One of the highly versatile and deployable products for any kind of IT security.

How has it helped my organization?

CloudGuard Application Security strengthened the IT security of our organization. We faced lesser trouble in managing the endpoints and it went through quite smoothly. Also, the trial version of the solution is extremely beneficial and has enormous utility features to test the features before final deployment. My IT administrator understood the requirement well and also propose API integration with our internal cloud and server system.

The application security is an advanced product with high threat detection rates with full agility and also is a highly scalable solution for any organization. It takes less time to comprehend the features and their utilities are of paramount importance.

What is most valuable?

Easy and effortless API integration of this application security tool with any other IT assets and software on-premise and cloud.

The solution is highly replicable across diverse IT environments. No problem or hassle faced in running the same.

Cost-effective application security product with high utility features available for testing in their trial version. It helps in making mindful buying decisions as per customer requirements.

What needs improvement?

Cost reduction and trial period extension should be considered with some lucrative discount offerings in buying standard versions. This will attract more and more new vendors and customers to partner and will be a win-win situation for all stakeholders involved.

Also, the IT security environment is dynamic and ever-evolving, with new developmental changes every now and then. We are customizing our needs and requirements for business mindfully, and this requires a lot of effort in immersing new and advanced features to enhance customer satisfaction.

Cloud Guard Application Security should attune their working and new developments in alignment with the business requirements in these changing environments.

Application Security Tools
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Check Point, Snyk, ShiftLeft and others in Application Security Tools. Updated: July 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used the solution for the past year now.

The solution has good stability and replicability.

It's a highly scalable solution.

Technical support is good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We were using an in-house solution with few features and more of manual intervention. It was not very satisfactory.

The solution is an effortless go-to software tool for IT security.

We implemented via a vendor ONLY.

We've seen an ROI of over 70%.

We are at the inception phase but can undoubtedly recommend Cloud Guard Application Security solution for prospective organizations as the product is an advanced and customized solution with a high-performance rate in detecting malware and fewer false negatives.

A lot of options were chosen by the IT team before the final buy decision. We looked into McAfee, IBM, and other security solutions, which were examined, tried, and tested thoroughly.

What other advice do I have?

They are offering fantastic IT security solutions and should keep evolving this way to keep up with the pace of IT security advancements in a recent technological era.

Private Cloud

IBM
alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Zero false positives, good security, and easy management
  • "We love that this Check Point product does not generate false positives, which is very good for WAF solutions."
  • "Check Point could improve a little in the performance of the portal."

What is our primary use case?

In our public cloud infrastructure, in this case, Microsoft Azure, we have carried out this implementation to be able to integrate CloudGuard application security through the Check Point Infinity Portal, since it was important to have a WAF of Check Point quality, its guarantee of zero false positives. It is something that helps to have total confidence in this tool, generating OWASP Top 10 protection, in addition to AI protection in our infrastructure. Everything is centralized under Check Point Infinity and is quite good. We are able to have a broad protection scheme from the same place.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us a lot with our sites. The cloud, as well as other websites and APIs, are prone to attack in order to steal information or identities to be able to violate an infrastructure, which is why it was important to have a tool like Check Point CloudGuard app security, it has helped a lot with its AI. CloudGuard provides an ability to validate vulnerabilities, as well as best practices for our sites.

Through its autonomous configuration, an assessment has been carried out to validate the risks and establish a range of them. It is simply excellent.

What is most valuable?

One of the features that we liked the most is the integration with the Check Point Infinity web portal in which Cloud Guard's application security, and management from the web without the use of servers, in addition to centralizing many more security tools in the same place and it is accessible from anywhere in the world.

On the other hand, we love that this Check Point product does not generate false positives, which is very good for WAF solutions. It generates greater confidence for us as customers.

What needs improvement?

Check Point could improve a little in the performance of the portal. Some administrations that are generated from the website take a while. There is a feeling of latency that is not always generated yet it is noticeable. On the other hand, it would be good to have more documentation for integration with Microsoft Azure, since sometimes the guides are followed, however, the objective is not achieved. Consultations must be made with the partner to help with the correct implementation.

With Check Point CloudGuard's app security we have applied this security technology on our websites created in Microsoft Azure to have autonomy, zero false positives and validation, protection against modern threats. It has really helped us to improve and apply best practices for the current day to day.

Previously, we tested the Microsoft Azure WAF, however, to view the details found by the solution it was necessary to integrate it with some other tools such as SIEM Sentinel or Log Analytics in order to have greater control.

Unlike Check Point Cloud Guard, the security centralizes all this control from its own application.

It is always important to test this type of security application in demo environments before implementing them in production in order to see the scope of the security application before implementing it in the company's production environments.

We really saw other options, however, it seemed better couple to what Check Point offers.

What other advice do I have?

I really recommend users take their time to try this solution. It is very good.