Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Cisco Threat Grid OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Threat Grid is #8 ranked solution in top Threat Intelligence Platforms. PeerSpot users give Cisco Threat Grid an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Cisco Threat Grid is most commonly compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Cisco Threat Grid vs CrowdStrike Falcon. Cisco Threat Grid is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Threat Intelligence Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Cisco Threat Grid?

Cisco Threat Grid crowd-sources malware from a closed community and analyzes all samples using proprietary, highly secure techniques that include static and dynamic (sandboxing) analysis. It correlates the results with hundreds of millions of other analyzed malware artifacts to provide a global view of malware attacks, campaigns, and their distribution. Security teams can quickly correlate a single samples of observed activity and characteristics against millions of other samples to fully understand its behaviors in a historical and global context. This ability helps analysts effectively defend against both targeted attacks and the broader threats from advanced malware. Threat Grid’s detailed reports, including the identification of important behavioral indicators and the assignment of threat scores, let you quickly prioritize and recover from advanced attacks.

Cisco Threat Grid was previously known as Threat Grid, ThreatGrid.

Cisco Threat Grid Customers

Center for Internet Security (CIS), ADP

Cisco Threat Grid Video

Cisco Threat Grid Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Threat Grid pricing:
"If I remember correctly, the licensing cost is a little bit higher than that of the competitor."

Cisco Threat Grid Reviews

Walaa  Elabbasy - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Presales Engineer at BT Al-Saudia
Is easy to implement, has good documentation, and is scalable
  • "It is easy to implement and is very scalable. It also comes with very good documentation. Cisco provides good technical support as well."
  • "I was told that the user interface could be more user friendly and easy in comparison to that of competitors. I remember that there is a competitor who has a much easier interface for many users to interact with."

What is our primary use case?

One of our customers works in the public sector for the Saudi government, and we proposed a subscription model for the Threat Grid solution. I think we had a POC before, and the customer liked the concept of Threat Grid. He already had security infrastructure from Cisco, and this would be a seamless integration between Cisco products and with the Cisco Threat Grid. So the use case would be the smooth integration between Cisco security products and Threat Grid.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The last time I checked, I was told that the user interface could be more user friendly and easy in comparison to that of competitors. I remember that there is a competitor who has a much easier interface for many users to interact with.

I think Cisco Threat Grid needs to have more API gateways with other vendors, and integration between other security suppliers such as Fortinet, IBM, and Palo Alto would be great as well.

Because Cisco Threat Grid is a cloud subscription, scalability is okay. We have had no problems with it. However if it's on-premises, it might have some limitations due to the hardware and licensing. From our point of view, however, it was good.

Threat Intelligence Platforms
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, ThreatConnect and others in Threat Intelligence Platforms. Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Cisco's documentation is always good. They have good manuals for implementation, deployment, and also for operation. We use Cisco's documentation to build our LLDs and the manuals for the customer.

Regarding support, Cisco is good.

The initial setup was straightforward. Depending on the system integrator and whether he knows the product and Cisco's products, implementation can be easy. Cisco always has good manuals, so once you read the manual, you will be able to deploy their systems.

There was no bugs, and it was a straightforward implementation. We usually do a pilot for the customer, and we don't integrate everything in our scope until the pilot is working successfully.

If I remember correctly, the licensing cost is a little bit higher than that of the competitor.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product, and I would rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

Download our free Threat Intelligence Platforms Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, ThreatConnect, and more!
Updated: September 2022