CA IDMS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

CA IDMS is the #15 ranked solution in top Database Development and Management tools. PeerSpot users give CA IDMS an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. CA IDMS is most commonly compared to IBM IMS: CA IDMS vs IBM IMS. CA IDMS is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Database Development and Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is CA IDMS?
CA IDMS is a reliable, high-performance, web-enabled Database Management system (DBMS) for IBM z Systems that provides business value for hundreds of enterprises and government organizations. CA IDMS provides high-performance database management and transaction processing performance for existing and new workloads, helping you consolidate business functions on a central data repository, as needed.

CA IDMS was previously known as IDMS.

CA IDMS Customers
Blue Hill Data Services Inc.
CA IDMS Video

CA IDMS Reviews

Alfredo Silva - PeerSpot reviewer
ALiBS Solutions at ALiBS Solutions
Helps us to manage user profiles very quickly and in an assertive way
  • "The most useful feature is the governance feature, because it can show us and help us to manage user profiles very quickly and using it in assertive way."
  • "Right now, it's not easy to start using this solution. You have to take long course and train people. It's not an easy path."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is used to authenticate users from the company and their clients. We have companies like banks and we provide authentication solutions for their own workers, but also for their clients that have money in the bank and manage that money. So, the solution is very wide and can comprehend many kinds of users, third-party users and coworkers and clients.

We are using the most updated version.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature is the governance feature, because it can show us and help us to manage user profiles very quickly and in an assertive way.

What needs improvement?

Right now, it's not easy to start using this solution. You have to take a long course and train people. It's not an easy path.

Something that could be added is more user-friendly screens that could help to facilitate the management.

As an architect, I have worked with this solution as a partner for a long time. The company I work for has been a partner for the last 10 years.

Database Development and Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, BMC, SAP and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's stable.

The solution is scalable and works very well.

The technical support is good. When I had an issue, I always had the appropriate help.

The initial setup has been easy.

We have about 10 people working for us for deployment and maintenance. As we worked for many clients, I think that one or two specialists with a good knowledge would do all the work for one company.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

I would advise that they should evaluate other possibilities because this is a very quickly changing environment and there are other possible providers that have good solutions. I would do some kind of test. I would test other possible solutions too and compare them.

Download our free Database Development and Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, BMC, SAP, and more!
Updated: November 2022