BotFarm OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BotFarm is the #8 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give BotFarm an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. BotFarm is most commonly compared to Automation Anywhere (AA): BotFarm vs Automation Anywhere (AA). BotFarm is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
BotFarm Buyer's Guide

Download the BotFarm Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is BotFarm?

BotFarm is an enterprise-level robotic process automation (RPA) solution. What is unique about BotFarm is that users can buy RPA processes based on demand and not be confined to a license or a strict capacity structure. BotFarm, a robust product of Automation Anywhere, is the only RPA solution that allows users to buy only the products they need when they need them. BotFarm allows users to launch all the robots they need to get tasks completed sooner and more efficiently than many other products in the marketplace today. This consumption-based business model will result in significant savings and increase an organization's overall profitability.

BotFarm Benefits

• Scalable: The flexible nature of the solution makes it very easy to scale when needed.

• User-friendly: The UI is simple to use and understand. Users do not have to be tech-savvy to deploy bots.

• Improves efficiency: BotFarm will increase process integrity by reducing human error and the need for continuous manual human effort or interaction.

• Integration: BotFarm integrates well with many third-party solutions.

BotFarm Features

• No code/low code solutions: Users can easily create and deploy bots to perform undesirable, mundane tasks, freeing IT staff to work on more productive, complicated tasks.

• IQ Bots: Easily extrapolate data from any document, such as resumes, invoices, and legal documents, to ensure data is correctly correlated and grouped together and that overall data integrity is never compromised.

• Fast: Deployed bots can complete tasks significantly faster than any human component, and with less error.

• Cost-effective: Users only pay for the bots they actually need, and create as they go. This innovative process will save your organization time and money while increasing overall productivity and profitability. BotFarm has a very good ROI and is a stable, secure, and scalable solution.

Reviews from Real Users

Akshay P., Associate Systems Analyst at NSEiT Limited, relates, “It is very easy, simple. You're working on a notepad, and you don't need to know programming to work on this. The dashboards are quite good, especially on the latest versions.”

A Digital Strategy Manager at an energy/utilities company shares, “The scalability is the solution's most valuable aspect. The reason Bot Farm is used is to have only one license available whenever you have a spike in the transactions. That is a core feature. That is something which we are using to the maximum. It's working well due to the fact that the solution use case is quite structured.”

A Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company tells us, “The solution is great to automate any repetitive tasks, which you might do on a daily basis. For example, the organization may need to be generating invoices or extracting data from PDF files daily. It is very versatile in what you can automate. This has improved my organization by cutting down on repetitive tasks that now can be automated.”

BotFarm Customers

Cisco, CocaCola Bottlers Japan, Macy's, Whirlpool, Unilever

BotFarm Video

BotFarm Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BotFarm pricing:
  • "Automation Anywhere is more reasonable than Blue Prism and UiPath in terms of cost."
  • "There is a license for this solution and it is on an annual basis. I am satisfied with the price."
  • "Its price is quite high as compared to other solutions, but it has a lot of features and good stability. They should reduce its price."
  • BotFarm Reviews

Akshay Pandey - PeerSpot reviewer
    Associate Systems Analyst at NSEiT Limited
    Reliable and easy to use with good dashboards
    • "The dashboards are quite good, especially on the latest versions."
    • "The OCR tool, the optical character recognition tool, could be more efficient."

What is our primary use case?

There are numerous use cases for the solution for various departments, including weight inspection, or trade ops, or compliance. It's often used for document processing. For example, we receive annual reports from lots of companies that are listed on the stock exchange. To check those reports, there has to be some specific tables and keywords that should be in the annual report of a company. For manually processing thousands of documents, it is not feasible. This solution makes it possible and it happens fast.

How has it helped my organization?

We have implemented solutions where we can extract the text using OCR tools and match all the relevant data that we need to find to prepare a report and forward it to that company. This makes the process a lot faster, and it can be deployed on multiple machines. That way, rather than having a lot of people who work on the same tool, I can just divide the operation on multiple machines and it will be done in less time. Therefore, it offers efficient processing.

What is most valuable?

The Excel processing is very useful to us. The tool that I'm using has all be Excel functions, however, in the current version that is Automation 360, there are a lot of options. They have Excel basic packages where you can open and just do crude operations, like create, update, delete, or, in a higher package, there are lots of functions that offer filters, macros, clips, whatever you want to run. The version that I'm using, 11.3, has a limited Excel functionality. It still works, however, the new version that they have deployed, A2019, and the latest one, Automation 360, have a lot of functions.

They have proper logging mechanism and also we can check whatever we are doing and they enable and disable list debugging feature.

The dashboards are quite good, especially on the latest versions.

The solution can scale.

Technical support is quite helpful.

For the most part, the initial setup is straightforward.

We've found the solution to be stable.

What needs improvement?

The version that I'm using, the Excel command, is a bit limited.

The OCR tool, the optical character recognition tool, could be more efficient. It should be monitored thoroughly due to the fact that the OCR tool we have we have to manually check even if there are only a few characters missing, the processing might go wrong. In general we wish that the OCR of that product would be more efficient.

You do have to make sure your system will be compatible with the product.

BotFarm
    December 2022
    Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using this solution since September 2019. I've used it for more than a year at this point.

The solution is reliable. It has been working pretty well for us for the past few years. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have attempted to scale and we've found it is possible. Some of the operations require a certain level of scalability, and it has been pretty reliable for that.

While we are a company of around 10,000 employees, I'd say roughly a thousand people have been using this product. Our users are scattered through multiple departments, and every department needs processes to be automated. Therefore, there are lots of users.

We do plan to increase usage.

With every financial year, there are lots of processes coming in. Every department says that we have less manpower and the processes are quite repetitive. Likely there are lots of processes every year, around 23 processes scattered through departments. As the word spreads that some users are able to automate a lot of the processes effectively, others come to us and say they need their own efficiencies. Therefore, we're constantly expanding.

Technical support has been good so far. They have a separate portal for assistance. We have raised a few tickets, and based on the priority, they respond to us. They also ask us the expected time, by what time we need them to call, and they have follow-ups every now and then. It is pretty good. We are satisfied with their level of support.

The initial setup's relative ease of setup depends on various versions. In the version that I used, 11.3, the setup was pretty easy. You have to download and install two machines. One is the client developer. However, the new version that they have, is for a cloud-based deployment. You don't need to install a developer. You just need to log into the control room on any webpage and you have to work from there. For deployment, they have a specific installation, and it's my understanding that there are lots of user rights issues. They have made it easy for installation, however, it can grow in complexity depending on your needs.

Licensing is something that management handles. I don't have any visibility on the costs or the licensing arrangements.

We have evaluated UiPath and it was really good. However, the approach was very different from Automation Anywhere. In Automation Anywhere, you just had a command-line view where each line you add new commands. In UiPath there was a flow-chart view. That was more creative, however, that was two years ago. Now, Automation Anywhere has those features, and it is also a web-based platform, so you don't have the burden to install the developer on your system and you don't need an office PC to do that. You just need to have the right access and credentials and you can work from anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners.

I started off with version 11, and currently, I'm working on 11.3.3. There's a new solution, RPA A2019. That's the new version. I have that certification, however, I have no projects for now on that.

I'd recommend the solution. Automation Anywhere is a very good solution if you're looking to expand all your work areas. There are lots of businesses out there that say that they don't require this, however, once the solution is implemented using RPA, businesses themselves have a lot of time and resources to expand their research areas. The growth increases exponentially.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Digital Strategy Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
    Reliable and user-friendly with the capability to scale
    • "The solution has been very user-friendly."
    • "The dashboard needs improvement. For Bot Farm, the visualization is not that good compared to the main Automation Anywhere dashboard."

What is our primary use case?

We use the Bot Farm solution for two use cases. One is for procurement and the other is for finance. Both use cases required the liquid license availability of the task bot. Therefore, at month-end or the middle of the month, the processing needs to be on a faster pace as we had SLA activity involved with the processing of the invoices and the financial auditing purpose.

Basically, we use floating licenses which are automatically applied when there was a high peak on the load, and the floating licenses resulted in the shorter processing cycle of the activity.

What is most valuable?

The scalability is the solution's most valuable aspect. The reason Bot Farm is used is to have only one license availability whenever you have a spike in the transactions. That is a core feature. That is something which we are using to the maximum. It's working well due to the fact that the solution use case is quite structured. The only ask was to have additional bot licenses be present to incorporate it. That way, we don't have to get stuck with the license cost as it's generally on a yearly basis. Right now, it's just on the basis of the usage that we are paying.

The solution has been very user-friendly.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The interface is seamless.

The solution is very stable and quite reliable.

What needs improvement?

For the intelligent bots, it is still not quite structured, as far as I can see. I checked for IQ Bot. These licenses are having certain issues. We stopped around the pricing part. It's not just the price, however. It was also not fitting the capability. Based on the on-prem model, if they can include an intelligent bot there, it will be helpful with all the security and the pricing parts involved.

We've been using the solution at least over the last 12 or so months. We are continuing to use it.

The solution is quite stable. It's very reliable. When you're adding the additional licenses the basic structure is there. It's just the licensing that gets involved. It's more on the configuration side. Otherwise, it is quite seamless with the interface. The preliminary interface is Automation Anywhere, so there are no issues there.

The solution can scale very well.

We have two teams using the solution currently.

We are using this solution specifically in the India region, with the two departments of finance and procurement. We don't have that much load as everything gets outsourced here in India. We are still looking for opportunities where a load of taking Bot Farm license mechanisms can be used. Therefore, I can't speak to if we will increase usage or not.

Technical support has been very good. Many a time, there was an issue with the configuration part, or the licenses were not automatically deployed for the execution of the tasks. We had to connect with them, and we always found them to be helpful and responsive. I would say we are satisfied so far.

We have three RPA solutions that we are using. We also use UiPath and Blue Prism.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. We were pretty comfortable with it already. We are already using Automation Anywhere for the past four years and therefore, it was not a challenge for us.

With approvals, customization, et cetera, the deployment took us about 15 or so days.

We have a team of five that is able to handle the deployment and maintenance. We have a two-year maintenance contract lined up.

We pay based on usage, which is quite good for us. We like this licensing model. From the maintenance perspective, we have a contract signed for two years and it has reduced our pay per basis cost.

Real cost savings come with long-term relationships with the company. For four years we have been there. Therefore, the pricing is substantially lower for us.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer.

Bot Farm is a cloud solution. We already have A2019, and Bot Farm is one of the products of Automation Anywhere. It's a cloud version we are using and due to it being on the cloud, it is always continuously updated to the latest version.

Bot Farm is for firms that have reached a certain level of maturity. You don't require Bot Farm if you are having applications that are not consuming your licenses. It becomes very useful when you have a use case that has spiked the variation in the load. Regardless, you need to do the math correctly to get the ROI associated with the licensing costs, the value, and the use case intended.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

BotFarm
    December 2022
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Director at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Manageable and scalable with good drag-and-drop functionality
    • "The solution is very manageable."
    • "The deployment could be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

The product can technically be applied in any vertical - whether that's supply chain management, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, licenses, et cetera. We have used it for most of these verticals and various processes.

How has it helped my organization?

It's all about their user manual, and the turnaround time. It allows us to focus on better quality work which ultimately helps the overall big picture.

What is most valuable?

Their overall design is fantastic. Their development interface is very easy to navigate. It has a graphical user interface with a drag-and-drop feature, which makes it very easy for the developers who are building the parts.

The solution is very manageable.

The product has good scalability capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The deployment could be simplified. There are a lot of user settings and stuff that you need to do when you need to prepare a report.

Automation Anywhere does have IQ Bot, which is a pretty good product. It needs to make sure it's competing with it in terms of feature offerings, et cetera.

We've seen some scalability issues.

I've been dealing with the solution for one and a half years at this point. It's hasn't been very long just yet.

The solution is stable, however, we have definitely seen some issues with deploying the bot between the Dell server and the broader servers. Due to resolution issues, I find it takes time to get it up on Chrome, in the browser. You need to sometimes wake up the bot. These kinds of issues have definitely dropped off a bit. It's a little bit of a gray area at the moment, as it's hard to say when they will come up.

The solution is definitely scalable. It's easy to scale up and manage the process if you need to.

Technical support has been excellent. I would rate them at a nine out of ten. They are very knowledgeable and responsive. We're quite satisfied with eh level of support provided.

As consultants, we also work with Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere. We work with a variety of different products, depending on the client.

The implementation isn't straightforward. It's a bit complex in terms of deployment as there are a lot of settings you need to handle.

Typically, a deployment takes about a week. It depends on how a company wants to deploy, so there are a lot of standards and templates that you could follow. That said, any standard deployment that you follow definitely takes a week at a minimum. It could potentially take longer.

In terms of maintenance, you only really need one person. Again, it depends on the client, and how they want to set it up, however, I would say not more than one full-time person would be needed in the case of five ports being deployed.

We are consultants. We can assist clients in the implementation process.

For my part, I don't handle the pricing. I can't speak to how expensive or affordable it is. It's not a part of my day-to-day to worry about licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners.

I am into consulting and my company is in consulting.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've largely been satisfied with their level of support and the capabilities, although the deployment could be easier. They have a lot of good features in place.

As is typical for many of the RPA technologies, it's important to have a good design in place and that could resolve the development and the deployment.

Technical Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Offers a lot in terms of what general customers expect it to do, is scalable and stable, and provides good technical support
    • "What I like most about BotFarm is that it's one of the leading RPA products in the market. Very few products focus on robotics today, so I like that BotFarm offers a lot in terms of what general customers expect it to do."
    • "An area for improvement in BotFarm is that the communication between the Control Room and the Bot Client Missions isn't utilized well. There's also the issue with PCI DSS compliance or certain regulations that require a set of configurations that are not fully supported by BotFarm. The product should be certified or designed according to the required regulations in the finance industry to make it better."

What is our primary use case?

We use BotFarm to mimic human actions because in our organization, there are certain tasks which are time consuming and require a lot of precision with the data. There are repetitive tasks which are automated through BotFarm, so we've set the schedule depending on the requirement, and there are also schedules that are 24/7, based on the requirement and information available. For example, members of the operations team have to pull the data from a website, select the data, input the data, then process the data. All these tasks are now automated through BotFarm.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about BotFarm is that it's one of the leading RPA products in the market. Very few products focus on robotics today, so I like that BotFarm offers a lot in terms of what general customers expect it to do.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement in BotFarm is that the communication between the Control Room and the Bot Client Missions isn't utilized well.

There's also the issue with PCI DSS compliance or certain regulations that require a set of configurations that are not fully supported by BotFarm. The product should be certified or designed according to the required regulations in the finance industry to make it better.

I've been working with BotFarm for four years now.

The latest version of BotFarm is quite stable, and it didn't give us many issues. The previous version of BotFarm had issues, particularly with jobs being triggered but not starting at the scheduled time. Sometimes a job starts, but it's not deployed to the Client Mission, so scheduling in the previous version of the tool isn't as reliable, but with the latest BotFarm version, my team had a better experience.

BotFarm is a scalable solution.

We had some day-to-day issues with BotFarm, so we contacted technical support, and they provided solutions. On a scale of one to ten, I'm rating the technical support for BotFarm an eight.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We didn't use a different RPA solution apart from BotFarm. We stuck to it because of its pricing and the level of commitment and training that we received from Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup for BotFarm is a little complex because of the two components, Control Room and IQ Bot. It's pretty straightforward to set up Control Room, but it's not the same case with IQ Bot. It only takes around one to one and a half hours for setting up Control Room with proper planning, while setting up IQ Bot takes up to two hours.

An in-house team deployed BotFarm.

I don't have information on how much a BotFarm subscription costs.

What other advice do I have?

I currently work with BotFarm. My company also uses IQ Bot, but it's still in the exploration stage.

I'm an end-user or customer of BotFarm.

Right now, five thousand two hundred people use BotFarm within the company.

The solution isn't that difficult to maintain.

My advice to anyone looking into using BotFarm is that it's the same with other products, and it all boils down to whether you can afford the solution or not.

My rating for BotFarm, particularly its latest version, is nine out of ten.

Manager Technical Solutions Architect at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Its scalability and portability are the most valuable, and it has helped us with process integrity and reduction of human errors and manual effort
    • "BotFarm has been working perfectly fine with our business model. Its scalability is the most valuable feature. We can easily scale out bots on a need basis. Portability is another valuable feature. We work with different payment systems like Visa and MasterCard and have bots for them. Because of BotFarm, we are able to reuse these bots."
    • "The only challenge that we have faced with BotFarm is that there is no continuous deployment. The whole world is moving to the DevOps model, but BotFarm is still not on the DevOps model. It should have integration with the DevOps model. The migration of the bots or bots pipeline is currently purely manual."

What is our primary use case?

We have basically automated business operations and IT operation processes that require human intervention. These processes are also very repetitive and have chances of error. We have developed bots for such tasks, and as per our needs, we are scaling them up by using BotFarm. We have a hybrid deployment comprising Azure cloud and on-premises deployments.

How has it helped my organization?

The purpose of automation is to reduce the manual effort and number of manual users. BotFarm has helped us to reduce the headcount because there were lots of operational headcounts for manual tasks.

It has also improved operational efficiency. Earlier, we were not getting a consistent response for different users. Now, we have standardized responses, and our customers are getting better, error-free, and on-time responses. So, we have achieved process integrity, and we have reduced human errors and manual human effort. These are the three main benefits.

What is most valuable?

BotFarm has been working perfectly fine with our business model. Its scalability is the most valuable feature. We can easily scale out bots on a need basis.

Portability is another valuable feature. We work with different payment systems like Visa and MasterCard and have bots for them. Because of BotFarm, we are able to reuse these bots.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for almost three years.

Based on our usage, it is pretty stable. There are minor hiccups, but they are not because of the product. They are because of the hybrid integration that we have. We are planning to move to version 8, which is a pure cloud model.

Its scalability is very good. We currently have 120 live bots.

We are in partnership with Automation Anywhere, and they are providing us good support. We haven't faced any challenges with them. They are able to help us when we face any technical challenges or need support for upgrades.

It was straightforward. It has the same kind of implementation that any other software has. It wasn't complex.

We evaluated Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, and UiPath. We chose Automation Anywhere because of the features and the cost. It was more reasonable than Blue Prism and UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to do a thorough discovery and walkthrough of processes and then decide based on what suits their requirements. Sometimes people think that they can go to a pure cloud model, hybrid model, or on-premises model, but they should first identify the requirements and processes. They should go for what is required for their organization's needs. They shouldn't go for BotFarm just because it is good. It should also meet their needs.

I would rate BotFarm an eight out of ten. It is a good and evolving technology, and it can be very helpful for different business operations. I have good words for Automation Anywhere and BotFarm.

Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
      Plenty of features, cuts down on repetitive tasks, and priced well
      • "The most valuable features are the portals for extracting data from PDF files, appending data to SAP, automating the SAP, downloading reports, and mapping and creating the reports accordingly to your requirements."
      • "The OCR command needs to improve. This feature is used to convert the extracted data from an image file. While converting this file I was facing a lot of issues with the data because it was getting lost and some of the data which was extracted was mismatched. The data loss was rated as a nine and the data accuracy was a massive decrease and was up to 80%."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the BotFarm tool to automate any repetitive task to fulfill our client's requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the portals for extracting data from PDF files, appending data to SAP, automating the SAP, downloading reports, and mapping and creating the reports accordingly to your requirements.

The solution is great to automate any repetitive tasks, which you might do on a daily basis. For example, the organization may need to be generating invoices or extracting data from PDF files daily. It is very versatile in what you can automate.

What needs improvement?

The OCR command needs to improve. This feature is used to convert the extracted data from an image file. While converting this file I was facing a lot of issues with the data because it was getting lost and some of the data which was extracted was mismatched. The data loss was rated as a nine and the data accuracy was a massive decrease and was up to 20%.Data extracted from ocr some times is mismatched or in accurate.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

The solution is reliable and stable.

BotFarm is highly scalable. We can integrate many applications, tools, and packages. In the new release of this solution, we can create our own packages and integrate them which is a very useful feature.

We have approximately 50 employees using this solution in my organization and are planning to increase the number of developers.

The technical support is very good and responsive. They have a help portal that is very clear and easy to use. Recently, I raised a ticket because I was not able to send an email, and the agent contacted me on the very same day a few hours later. My ticket was set to high priority and they were able to resolve the issue that same day. The support team is great and very coordinated.

You have the Automation Anyway University where you can download tools. If you have any problems you can search on the Automation Anywhere portal by completing a submission form and you will receive the information that you need.

It is very straightforward to install. It very simple, a person with no IT background can easily do the installation and use the platform.

We did the implementation of the solution.

We have evaluated other solutions, such as Blue Prism. We went with Automation Anywhere with BotFarm integrated mainly because it was cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I am using Automation Anywhere which BotFarm is integrated and comes as a package.

In this era, every large company is trying to implement ways to automate their processes using any Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool. Automation Anywhere comes highly recommended in the market as being very reliable.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate BotFarm a nine out of ten.

Deputy General Manager - IT at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
      Good dashboards and analytics with an easy initial setup
      • "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
      • "We have connectivity and integration with pretty much every single tech stack across the table that we have in the world, and there are a few areas that they don't do that well yet. I'd be looking for some improvement there, in terms of their integration with certain products."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily have different use cases within finance and HR as well as in IT operations.

What is most valuable?

The solution's dashboards are very helpful to us.

We find the analytics aspect of the solution to be excellent.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

We've had a few issues with the APIs.

We have connectivity and integration with pretty much every single tech stack across the table that we have in the world, and there are a few areas that they don't do that well yet. I'd be looking for some improvement there, in terms of their integration with certain products.

I've only been using the solution for six to eight months. It's been less than a year. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is quite stable and very reliable. We haven't had any negative experiences in relation to stability. If doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches.

We haven't tried to scale the solution just yet. Therefore, I can't speak to how easy or difficult scaling the product may be.

From the perspective of business processes, the product is being used in at least eight to nine different business process areas so far.

We don't have plans to increase usage. I would say from what we had originally anticipated, we are about 20% to 30% usage. It's got a lot of scope for improvement still.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

We didn't find the implementation to be too complex. For us, the setup was simple and straightforward. We really didn't face any issues in that regard.

The deployment itself was also very quick, which was nice.

I maintain the solution myself. You don't need a lot of staff to maintain it.

We actually had Automation Anywhere handle the setup for us. They were quite helpful and very knowledgeable.

I don't have any details in relation to the licensing of the cost of the solution. It's not an aspect of the product I take care of.

I personally did not evaluate other solutions, however, an internal team did. They looked at UiPath, however, they decided on this product instead.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We're using the latest version of the solution right now.

I would recommend the solution to other companies if they are looking at an extensive integration across the tech stack within their organization. I would advise that if a company seriously considers the product, that they speak really clearly with Automation Anywhere. They need to ensure that their company will have the support they need, and if they do, they should consider proceeding.

Overall, we've been happy with the solution. I would rate it at a nine out of ten.

DB Prabhu - PeerSpot reviewer
      Consultant at a tech consulting company with 1-10 employees
      Very stable and rugged, easy to use, and reduces time, but needs better UI, support, and flexibility
      • "It is easy to use and very stable. It is a rugged product, and it doesn't break so easily."
      • "Its UI could be made better. It should also be more flexible. Currently, it is more rigid, and a little more flexibility is required. Their technical support should also be better. We are not very happy with their technical support. Its price is also quite high as of now. They should improve its price. Its setup should also be made easier. It is quite complex to set it up. Even though we were able to set it up a little fast because we had done something similar earlier, but it has a very complex setup. It is extremely resource-hungry. If they can make it a little light on resources, that would also be useful."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it mostly for financial applications, payroll processing, attendance processing, and expense processing.

How has it helped my organization?

The payroll processing used to take about a week's time earlier. Now, that has got reduced to one day. We are seeing this kind of reduction everywhere. There is at least a five or ten times reduction in the amount of time, and more people are free to do something else.

It has also helped a lot in the current situation where people are working from home. We are able to launch the bot from anywhere and get the work done.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. The learning curve was quite smooth.

It is also a very stable and rugged product. It doesn't break in the event of increased load. Even in case of load bursts, the AA platform was able to deliver seamless service.

What needs improvement?

Its UI could be made better. It should also be more flexible. Currently, it is more rigid, and a little more flexibility is required.

Their technical support should also be better. We are not very happy with their technical support. Its price is also quite high as of now. They should improve its price.

Its setup should also be made easier. It is quite complex to set it up. Even though we were able to set it up a little fast because we had done something similar earlier, but it has a very complex setup.

It is very stable.

We haven't tested it for scalability because our operations are pretty small. It is a small deployment, and for our current workload, it is working quite fine. We have five or six bots, and the number will increase over a period of time. We would like to bring in more processes and use IQ Bots for some intelligent stuff, such as for reading handwritten documents. We would like to use IQ Bots, especially for invoice processing.

In terms of users, our finance and HR teams are using it. We have about 10 to 12 users.

We are not very happy with their technical support. Their support should be improved.

The initial setup was quite complex, but since it has been set up, it is fine. It took a little more than a week. Its setup should be made easier.

Its price is quite high as compared to other solutions, but it has a lot of features and good stability. They should reduce its price.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a good use case, you should go ahead and use it. Ultimately, it depends on whether you have a good use case.

I would rate BotFarm a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud