Axway AMPLIFY API Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Axway AMPLIFY API Management is the #12 ranked solution in top API Management tools. PeerSpot users give Axway AMPLIFY API Management an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Axway AMPLIFY API Management is most commonly compared to Apigee: Axway AMPLIFY API Management vs Apigee. Axway AMPLIFY API Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the API Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Axway AMPLIFY API Management?

Axway API Management Plus combines API lifecycle management, secure integration services, monitoring and analytics to help you innovate faster and heighten ecosystem engagement. It is part of the Axway AMPLIFY data integration and engagement platform, which also includes unified app development for mobile to provide a complete solution for rapid change and innovation.

Axway AMPLIFY API Management was previously known as Vordel Application Gateway, Axway API Management Plus, Axway API Management, AMPLIFY API Management.

Axway AMPLIFY API Management Customers

Engie Group, Allianz

Axway AMPLIFY API Management Video

Axway AMPLIFY API Management Reviews

Project Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The UI and UX are quite good and easy to understand, but the tech support needs to be easier to contact and more helpful
  • "This platform can be highly scalable."
  • "In terms of customer service, the company needs to be easier to contact, and the support team needs to understand the situation and the product itself better."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our e-commerce clients.

What is most valuable?

The UI and UX are quite good and easy to understand. I think if a company has a specific IT admin employee dedicated to this solution, it will be very simple and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

In terms of customer service, the company needs to be easier to contact, and the support team needs to understand the situation and the product itself better. Sometimes, in our recent experience, we noticed that our engineers were much more advanced than the tech support. Our team found some challenges, problems, and issues. We sat down together and found the solution ourselves.

I have been working with this solution for about six months.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Axway, Google, Amazon and others in API Management. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

So far, the stability is good, but it hasn't been tested for a heavier environment yet, and it should be.

This platform can be highly scalable. At the moment, there are 24 people using this solution within my organization. There are about ten engineers, two project managers, and five people from the IT department. The rest are other software engineers. Three people, the developers themselves, are involved with maintenance for the solution.

I would rate the technical support as a three out of five.

The solution was already installed when I joined the company, so I'm not sure, but according to some team members, it took a few hours to set up.

Our business partner handled the installation from the vendors side, and then we continued with our own team.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure about this product yet, so it is 50/50 whether I would recommend it to someone or not.

I would rate this solution as a seven out of ten. Other similar products have similar features, so this solution doesn't have anything that is more advanced.

Hybrid Cloud

Leandro Barbosa - PeerSpot reviewer
Product Management at edi-labs sistemas
A flexible solution with a useful portal for documentation
  • "We like the portal for documentation a lot."
  • "The portal still has room for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use Axway AMPLIFY API Management for bank payments and bank transactions.

What is most valuable?

We like the portal for documentation a lot. We also like the gateway. It has a lot of flexibility in terms of trying to meet our specific needs.

What needs improvement?

The portal still has room for improvement. This is in terms of speeding up the overall process of creating new documentation and new information about the APIs.

They should also improve the way that we upgrade from one version to another. In our case, it's been very troublesome. Technical support, although it's very good, there is room for improvement.

Our company has worked with this solution for five years.

Axway AMPLIFY API Management is very stable. We haven't had any problems in terms of stability.

Scalability is very good.

Technical support is very good. They communicate and provide answers very fast, but I think there's room for improvement.

The initial setup of Axway AMPLIFY API Management isn't easy, but it's not extremely hard in any sense. It becomes complex when you have local customizations. When a customer requires some changes to the UI to get it according to their look and feel, it can get complicated. It takes about two months to implement this solution.

The company evaluated Apigee and CA API. I believe we chose Axway AMPLIFY API Management because of scalability and local support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Axway AMPLIFY API Management for scalability and for how it's open for customizations. We can customize it to accomplish your specific needs, like the look and feel. But we still have some issues when we do a lot of customization and when migrating from one version to another.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Axway AMPLIFY API Management a nine.

November 2022
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chief Integration Architect at a logistics company with 10,001+ employees
Good security enforcement and throttling capabilities, but the policy-related functions need to be improved
  • "The most valuable features are security enforcement and throttling."
  • "The API Mocking tools need to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have a service running on Xray Cloud and we have established an internal API gateway platform. It is used for customer-centric APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

This product allows us to abstract the customer interface from the internal APIs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are security enforcement and throttling.

What needs improvement?

The API Mocking tools need to be improved. To start with an API-first approach would benefit this product.

We sometimes have issues with some of the functions because they do not work very well. Specifically, there are some policy-related functions that should be enhanced for better usability and maintenance.

The developer portal is restricted and it should be enhanced to handle direct API managers. This would be a plus because right now, the strategy is more focused on AMPLIFY, which is hosted in the cloud. However, we are not always interested in publishing our API on the cloud from the vendor. Rather, we want to have it in our own cloud. The only product that we can install on-premises is the API Portal, and it is restricted.

We began working with Axway AMPLIFY API Management one year ago.

Technical support is good. We get the support that is required.

I have worked with some open-source products, but that is another aspect.

The initial setup is not complex.

What other advice do I have?

We do not use point-to-point APIs.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Download our free API Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Axway, Google, Amazon, and more!
Updated: November 2022