Aspera Managed File Transfer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aspera Managed File Transfer is the #15 ranked solution in top Managed File Transfer (MFT) tools. PeerSpot users give Aspera Managed File Transfer an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Aspera Managed File Transfer is most commonly compared to IBM Sterling File Gateway: Aspera Managed File Transfer vs IBM Sterling File Gateway. Aspera Managed File Transfer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Managed File Transfer (MFT) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Aspera Managed File Transfer?
The Aspera transfer platform is the the most advanced software solution for file transfer, synchronization and streaming of digital assets, allowing users and enterprises secure high speed movement of all of their data over any distance, to any environment, with none of the waiting. Covering a wide range of server, desktop and mobile operating systems, Aspera provides the most modern and flexible options as Software as a Service (SaaS), Run-your-own Software in the Cloud (single tenant), and On Premise Deployments.
Aspera Managed File Transfer Customers
Gwinnett County Public Schools, Evonik, Voith, BITMARCK, Oracle
Aspera Managed File Transfer Video

Aspera Managed File Transfer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Aspera Managed File Transfer pricing:
"Aspera Managed File Transfer is not an inexpensive solution. I am not aware of many competitors to determine how affordable the price is overall."

Aspera Managed File Transfer Reviews

Michele Illiano - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Division at Innovery
Beneficial quick protocol, powerful, but limited use cases
  • "The main feature of Aspera Managed File Transfer is that it's an incredibly fast protocol, you can use all the bandwidth available. If I need to send large amounts of data this is the fastest protocol on the market. I have been using it for some minor projects and it is very powerful."
  • "Aspera Managed File Transfer should be packaged into another solution. Explaining to customers you need to have multiple solutions from multiple vendors for their use cases can get complicated for them to understand."

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Aspera Managed File Transfer is that it's an incredibly fast protocol, you can use all the bandwidth available. If I need to send large amounts of data this is the fastest protocol on the market. I have been using it for some minor projects and it is very powerful.

What needs improvement?

Aspera Managed File Transfer should be packaged into another solution. Explaining to customers you need to have multiple solutions from multiple vendors for their use cases can get complicated for them to understand.

The best way to propose a suite is to have an integrated suite where the customer could choose to license part of it. This solution could be one solution not two choices between 10 or 12 different solutions. The main feature of Aspera Managed File Transfer is the communication protocol, which is fast. There are a lot of different clients that are offering features related to these fast protocols. It's possible to create one unique suite that can handle this base protocol. It will be quite easy to propose to the customers.

I have used Aspera Managed File Transfer within the past 12 months.

Aspera Managed File Transfer is stable.

Managed File Transfer (MFT)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Kiteworks, Axway and others in Managed File Transfer (MFT). Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have found Aspera Managed File Transfer to be scalable.

Managed File Transfer was a new solution acquired by Aspera, similar to Sterling. After the purchases by IBM, and during the integration of the Aspera support into the IBM support, we had some issues related to responsibilities. However, this was resolved quite quickly.

I have previously used Sterling Commerce.

Aspera Managed File Transfer is oriented to the string to send large file sizes in order to be readable or accessible in real-time on phones or other devices. For example,  streaming movies, such as Netflix. It's not oriented well to do the file transfers. For the file transfer, we consider when I can handle the file in batch mode. I can send the file and it's not necessary to be received in real-time. This is the main difference, For streaming, I cannot propose Aspera Managed File Transfer and for file transfer, I would propose Sterling Commerce.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Aspera Managed File Transfer depending on the use case. With Sterling Commerce, we can cover each managed file transfer use case. With Aspera Managed File Transfer, the use case has to be related particularly to business. When I have a large amount of data to send and receive with a strict SLA, such as sending three-gigabyte files in less than 30 minutes it works well. However, in other use cases, I prefer Sterling Commerce.

I rate Aspera Managed File Transfer a seven out of ten.

Download our free Managed File Transfer (MFT) Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Kiteworks, Axway, and more!
Updated: November 2022
Product Categories
Managed File Transfer (MFT)