IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Aruba Remote Access Points OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aruba Remote Access Points is #18 ranked solution in top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools. PeerSpot users give Aruba Remote Access Points an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Aruba Remote Access Points is most commonly compared to Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client: Aruba Remote Access Points vs Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Aruba Remote Access Points is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Aruba Remote Access Points?

emote APs connect to a controllerusing Extended Authentication and Internet Protocol Security (XAuth/IPSec). AP control and 802.11 data traffic are carried through this tunnel. Secure Remote Access Point Service extends the corporate office to the remote site. Remote users can use the same features as corporate office users. For example, voice over IP (VoIP) applications can be extended to remote sites while the servers and the PBX remain secure in the corporate office.

Secure Remote Access Point Service can also be used to secure control traffic between an AP and the controllerin a corporate environment. In this case, both the AP and controllerare in the company’s private address space.

Aruba Remote Access Points was previously known as Aruba RAP.

Aruba Remote Access Points Customers

Trafford Metropolitan Borough

Aruba Remote Access Points Video

Aruba Remote Access Points Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Aruba Remote Access Points pricing:
"The price of Aruba Remote Access Points could be better. It is a little expensive."

Aruba Remote Access Points Reviews

Jun Park - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager at Tmoney Co., Ltd.
Reseller
Popular as a brand and great for remote access but needs 5G capabilities
  • "It’s very light."
  • "The remote access point coverage should be bigger than it is now."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for the office network. The people connect to the access points with their laptops. It’s for remote access. That's the main use.

What is most valuable?

Aruba's brand image is famous for AP. It’s quite popular and well known. Customer awareness is quite high.

The solution is stable.

It is scalable.

It’s very light.

The solution is easy to use and makes it simple to connect to the internet.

What needs improvement?

The remote access point coverage should be bigger than it is now. The speed of the express network should be higher than now. These days, the 5G network is very fast. If they don't improve their network speed, then they will fade away, fade out. We’d like them to add 5G functionality as soon as possible.

We’ve been using the solution for four or five years.

Enterprise Infrastructure VPN
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks and others in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN. Updated: July 2022.
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. I haven’t heard about any failure of the access points, or our access points. It seems to be reliable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn’t crash or freeze.

The solution is very scalable. You only need to install more APs. It’s not a problem at all if you would like to expand as a company or organization.

We do not get help from Aruba engineers. We get technical support from our partners. They are helpful. If we need assistance, they are there.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We are using Aruba wireless network products, and we are using Cisco for the local LAN network.

Normally, a customer thinks Cisco is safer and more stable. However, the main differentiation is just the brand image. Their features are almost the same.

I didn’t handle the initial setup. I can’t speak to how easy it was or how long it took to deploy.

I’d rate the solution four out of five in terms of affordability. It’s cheaper than, for example, Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

We are a SI, system integration, company. We are a customer as well as a reseller.

Overall we are satisfied with Aruba products.

I would rate the solution six out of ten.

Ali Fauzi - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Network Security Engineer at Tunas Ridean Tbk PT
Simple to scale, but complicated payment structure

What is our primary use case?

My company uses this solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The product is very flexible.

What needs improvement?

Our difficulty with Aruba is that the product and the license are two different items. So, if we are adding an access point, we have to pay for two items. We have to pay to add the access point in the controller and we have to pay for the license.

I have been using this solution for about three years.

So far the stability of the solution has been good.

We set up Aruba with six access points and we have scaled up to twelve access points. It is quite simple to scale.

I used Ruijie before I switched to Aruba. I chose Aruba because it is known for being a good brand and a good choice.

The solution was deployed by a vendor team of three engineers and it took about three weeks. I'm currently configuring it and handling the maintenance myself and the level of difficulty is medium.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as a seven out of ten.

Enterprise Infrastructure VPN
July 2022
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.
David Justice - PeerSpot reviewer
Executive Vice President at Flying Cloud Technologies
Straightforward setup, beneficial IP protection, and highly reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use Aruba Remote Access Points as a VPN.

What is most valuable?

Aruba Remote Access Points provide a level of protection for our IPs.

I used Aruba Remote Access Points within the last 12 months.

The stability of Aruba Remote Access Points is great.

I am impressed with the scalability of Aruba Remote Access Points.

The implementation of the solution is straightforward.

We have a team that is implementing the Aruba Remote Access Points.

The price of Aruba Remote Access Points could be better. It is a little expensive.

I rate the price of Aruba Remote Access Points a two out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Aruba Remote Access Points an eight out of ten.

Download our free Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and more!
Updated: July 2022