IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Alemba vFire OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Alemba vFire is #21 ranked solution in top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools. PeerSpot users give Alemba vFire an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Alemba vFire is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: Alemba vFire vs ServiceNow. Alemba vFire is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the IT Service Management (ITSM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Alemba vFire?

Backed by a quarter of a century of heritage, Alemba’s vFire Enterprise Service Management solution combines a user-focused design philosophy with robust functionality.

vFire is trusted by a large number of Enterprise-scale organizations for its out-of-the-box deeply rich workflows, award-winning Pro-active Problem Management and future-proofed flexibility.

Alemba vFire was previously known as vFire.

Alemba vFire Customers

Dumfries & Galloway

Alemba vFire Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Alemba vFire pricing:
"Alemba vFire is more affordable than the other solutions on the market. The solution changes for the number of customers not per user or module. The price was reasonable overall. We paid for support and it was a fair price."

Alemba vFire Reviews

ICT Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Fulfills all IT management needs, simple setup, but could be more user-friendly
  • "When we met with the Alemba vFire from Australia, it was a good discussion and they have a good feature roadmap."
  • "We had issues with the user interface, the way it was structured wasn't that user-friendly. The chat features could improve. For example, in change management, all the chat discussions can be done via ServiceNow. We are using two separate solutions, such as Teams, to chat, and the Alemba vFire tool to process."

What is our primary use case?

10 years back, we need to re-evaluate our IT Help Desk solution as we wanted to expand ITIL processes.  Back then, it was known as vFire.

We used Alemba vFire initially for incident and request fulfillment. We then added the use of change management, configuration mgt, and problem mgt.

How has it helped my organization?

From the time we started using vFire, we were able to ensure continuity tracking of Service Tickets (incident and request fulfillment-related).  Thereafter, it had provided us with centralized record for change mgt, configuration mgt,  and problem mgt and allowed us to link/relate outcomes from the various processes.

What is most valuable?

Alemba vFire provides the basic requirements for IT service management at a lower cost (in my knowledge).

Also, from my previous meeting with a consultant of Alemba vFire from Australia, he was able to share with us a good product roadmap.

What needs improvement?

Unfortunately, we were not able to implement the mobility feature so I won't be able to provide feedback on it (and it was something that has been requested since we have field workers and given the WFH case due to the pandemic).  This is due to results of security tests and which we were not yet able to address in our environment.

We've been also trying to integrate our current system with discovery solutions but it was not easy. I am not sure if it is due to the fact that we still have an older version of the AlembavFire product.

Also, users are also requesting that the current system's UI can still be improved. For those of our users who had experienced ServiceNow, they cited that they can do RFC chats via the tool.  In our group, we are using AlembavFire for recording the ticket and do other discussions/alignments via Teams chat.

IT Service Management (ITSM)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Alemba, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in IT Service Management (ITSM). Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have used Alemba vFire for approximately 10 years.

The solution is stable.

Alemba vFire has been scalable.

Alemba vFire offers support and we have our vendor support. Technically they were okay, but at some point, there were challenges in implementing the most recent rollout with the local partners.

We previously used Remedy but upgrading then was too expensive so we switched to vFire.

The initial setup, I believe,  was easy because we had a turnkey project and setup was done by vFire people.

The technical implementation was by the vendor done especially on the configurations for the system.  We had two key people from the vendor partner working with us for the implementation and configuration.

We had one-two people from IT team to work with the vendor for implementing the solution in the infrastructure. We had analysts working with the vendor on process streams to be implemented: one person for the incident, one for release, one for change management, and one for request fulfillment.

We have received a return on investment because we were able to use Alemba vFire for 10 years.

Alemba vFire is one of the more affordable than the other solutions on the market.  There is not any additional cost for adding configurations or assets.

The annual MA cost to ensure we get product updates is roughly about USD75,000 - 80,000 (although services are not included).

I have colleagues who have previously used ServiceNow and they prefer the flow. According to them, ServiceNow is more user-friendly and some of their process requirements  can be executed via Service Now. This feedback is from the incident management, change management, integration, and configuration teams.

What other advice do I have?

The solution meets most of the basic functions needed.

I rate Alemba vFire a seven out of ten.