Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Adobe Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Adobe Connect is #8 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. PeerSpot users give Adobe Connect an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Adobe Connect is most commonly compared to Zoom: Adobe Connect vs Zoom. Adobe Connect is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a government, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Adobe Connect?

Why Adobe Connect?
The most flexible, secure, extensible and feature-rich web conferencing product on the market.
Customizable Interface
Customizable - Design your own immersive experiences with custom pods, images & layouts to
personalize and brand your virtual room.

Engaging - Drive and measure audience engagement unlike any other tool. Add interactivity to
your sessions with multiple chat pods, polls, quizzes, simulations, breakout
rooms, games and more.

Powerful - Leverage Backstage & Prepare Mode to allow presenters and hosts to collaborate behind the scene during live session. Leverage limitless functionality and extensibility with custom apps.

Persistent - Create your virtual room once with the right layouts, pods and content and use it
forever.

Adobe Connect Customers

Blue Sky Broadcast, Wiley and Georgetown University, New South Wales (NSW) Schools, BMO Financial Group, The Ministry of Education, Church, Culture & Gender Equality in Greenland, HealthSTAR Communications, IDEXX Laboratories, Philips Healthcare

Adobe Connect Video

Archived Adobe Connect Reviews (more than two years old)

Goverment Relations at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Good screen and document share features; interface and layout options require improvement
  • "Screen share and document share are good features."
  • "Interface and layout options could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for online meetings and information sessions. I work in government relations and we are customers of Adobe.

What is most valuable?

I find the screen share and the document share valuable features - the fact that you can actually keep documents within the meeting. They are little things and I guess all similar solutions have the same features.

What needs improvement?

I think that both the interface and the layout options, the ability to organize the different components for an online meeting on your screen, could be improved.

The solution is stable.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Cisco, Zoom Video Communications and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a scalable solution. We have a lot of people using the product, board members and senior staff and we also have support staff running the meetings.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We're always looking at other solutions, no one solution is perfect. We've also participated in meetings from third parties with other platforms as well so we're starting to get a good handle on what's available. The interface and ease of use are two main components but we also need to take our bandwidth requirements into account.

Private Cloud

Other
Senior Virtual Training Consultant at XPO Logistics
Eliminates travel costs and reduces time for instructor-led training courses
  • "The most critical feature is the POA, but Breakout sessions are definitely my favorite."
  • "We would like to see support for exportable files that have been uploaded into Adobe Connect as templates for activities."

What is our primary use case?

Adobe Connect is used to deliver our virtual ILT courses across the globe, serving all time zones.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization has been able to save costs by eliminating the travel involved in live classroom training. We are also able to give our learners many different time options to suit their busy schedules. Now our students can complete their required training, in less time, and make the organization more productive. They are able to much more quickly apply what they have learned, and make immediate use of it in their projects and with their teams more effectively.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides the flexibility to move pods around, and you can create many layouts for varying activities. The most critical feature is the POA, but Breakout sessions are definitely my favorite.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see support for exportable files that have been uploaded into Adobe Connect as templates for activities.

7 years.

This is a robust solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very effective, fun, and robust training tool.

Users must be trained in advance of using the system, as well as facilitators. We have developed a certification program for all virtual facilitators and ISD team members. This ensures that the student experience is maximized. The content was developed specifically for Adobe Connect and its many features.

Once a virtual classroom is built it is evergreen, meaning that the course link will never change and all of the content will be available for each scheduled offering. There is no need to reload content each time because it is already there.

September 2022
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user865410 - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at Xpertcast Pvt. Ltd.
User
Integration and reusability of the same webinar provides value

What is our primary use case?

• Settings up webinars
  • Training
  • Providing services for trainers
  • On-premise deployment in several locations

How has it helped my organization?

• Training providers for on-premise deployment in several locations.
  • Transitioning from a legacy system to Adobe Connect.

What is most valuable?

• Persistence for webinar rooms
  • Fast video playing
  • Integration and reusability of the same webinar.

What needs improvement?

It needs faster and easier upgrades.

Less than one year.

We are looking to cut costs. Therefore, we still need to explore the product more before I comment.

it_user735231 - PeerSpot reviewer
President / Founder
Enables me to create varying layouts and customize the learning experience

What is most valuable?

I love that I can create classes and that they are "persistent" which means they can be reused over and over again. I can completely set up my course and, at the end, can easily clean the room and use it another time.

I also love the fact I can create different layouts so that I can customize my learning experience based on the learning objectives in my course. It offers a ton of flexibility and allows me to be creative in my course designs.

I also love that I can have named Chat pods that I can use for a variety of purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

We can offer quality, interactive, and engaging learning experiences without the high cost of travel and time away from the office. With Adobe Connect you can offer virtual solutions that can be as impactful, if not more so, than face to face training. We take advantage of "chunking" content into smaller pieces and can deliver them over a period of time, thereby improving the chances of learners retaining what we are teaching.

What needs improvement?

They could improve on the VoIP capabilities. It just does not work effortlessly as some other products do.

Four years.

I had some issues recently but they seem to have resolved. They lasted about two months.

I do not.

Good.

I used to use WebEx but switched to Adobe Connect because of the features mentioned above.

Adobe Connect does require some training and practice to become proficient. In terms of actual setup from the vendor, that is not difficult. Implementation will depend on how you will be using the product and answering some questions before you begin will be helpful in the long run. For example, will you have multiple license owners, will you share content, will you want participants to be able to register for classes, how will you integrate the audio, and what are the implications of your choices? These are some things that need to be thought out in advance.

This is a very broad question and depends on the scope of the implementation.

WebEx.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure to seek a professional's help so that you can fully understand just how robust this product is. Beyond just creating the pods and layouts, it is facilitation and design techniques that can make your course fantastic and stand out from the rest.

it_user734166 - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner of Ace Learning and Consulting
The chat box is awesome and encourages participation

What is most valuable?

The chat box is awesome and encourages participation. The breakout rooms as well as the polls are useful. Though, the biggest thing is the ease of customizing the layout.

How has it helped my organization?

Connect helped us move away from WebEx and use a tool more suitable for learning. We were able to craft a virtual learning culture.

What needs improvement?

Perhaps some learning games that could be played virtually.

Seven years.

No, but be aware there is a limit on participants based on your package.

A 10 out of 10.

WebEx is a great tool for meeting management, but did not create the learning environment we were looking for.

Very straightforward.

Pick the solution package based on your participants.

WebEx and GoToMeeting.

What other advice do I have?

Ask to use a 30 day demo.

it_user720489 - PeerSpot reviewer
MS Candidate and Nonresident Fellow at a international affairs institute with 51-200 employees
Provides Flexibility Including Variety Of Chat And Screen Sharing Options

What is most valuable?

The flexibility that Adobe Connect offers is incredibly valuable, in that it allows you to customize the experience for your requirements. The meeting organizer's ability to determine what level of participation the other users have, a variety of chat options, and screen- and other sharing capabilities are very useful, depending on the particular requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

The product enabled a variety of teams that were not co-located to communicate in real time, and allowed the teams, as needed, to host meetings with a variety of capabilities and functions.

What needs improvement?

The troubleshooting process for Adobe Connect could be improved. We had regular issues with activating sound and camera functions, even after having done a successful test call shortly before. A troubleshooting process might work on one occasion, but that same process would fail at a later time. This was incredibly difficult particularly when less tech-savvy team members, who were not co-located with me, were experiencing issues.

I regularly used Adobe Connect from 2013 to 2015. After transitioning from that position, I have used Adobe Connect a few times for various training and communications requirements.

I did experience occasional stability issues. It was difficult to assess whether they resulted from instability of the networks I was on or the system itself.

I do not recall experiencing issues with scalability.

I do not recall using the technical support.

I was not involved in the decision to use Adobe Connect.

The setup was straightforward to include setting up meetings. However, the teams experienced challenges when sound and camera systems were not connecting properly, despite using processes and settings that had worked previously.

I was not involved in pricing and licensing of this or other like products, so I cannot comment on this.

My most recent organization had used GoToMeeting for some time, and experienced greater issues with that than I had when using Adobe Connect. The requirement for such a product did not continue, therefore when we chose to not renew the service, other services such as Skype sufficed. However, I did recommend to colleagues that should the need arise again, they should look into Adobe Connect as an option.

What other advice do I have?

The product offers a number of capabilities that are worth researching further before deciding whether it is valuable for your organization.

Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Cisco, Zoom Video Communications, and more!
Updated: September 2022