We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Adobe Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Adobe Connect is #9 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. PeerSpot users give Adobe Connect an average rating of 8 out of 10. Adobe Connect is most commonly compared to Zoom: Adobe Connect vs Zoom. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
What is Adobe Connect?

Why Adobe Connect?
The most flexible, secure, extensible and feature-rich web conferencing product on the market.
Customizable Interface
Customizable - Design your own immersive experiences with custom pods, images & layouts to
personalize and brand your virtual room.

Engaging - Drive and measure audience engagement unlike any other tool. Add interactivity to
your sessions with multiple chat pods, polls, quizzes, simulations, breakout
rooms, games and more.

Powerful - Leverage Backstage & Prepare Mode to allow presenters and hosts to collaborate behind the scene during live session. Leverage limitless functionality and extensibility with custom apps.

Persistent - Create your virtual room once with the right layouts, pods and content and use it
forever.

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Adobe Connect Customers

Blue Sky Broadcast, Wiley and Georgetown University, New South Wales (NSW) Schools, BMO Financial Group, The Ministry of Education, Church, Culture & Gender Equality in Greenland, HealthSTAR Communications, IDEXX Laboratories, Philips Healthcare

Adobe Connect Video

Adobe Connect Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Adobe Connect pricing:
"The purchasing process is complicated. It would be beneficial if it were more simplified."

Adobe Connect Reviews

Director, Service Training at a construction company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Versatile, with a variety of layouts, scales well, stable, and is easy to use
  • "I like Adobe Connect because of its flexibility."
  • "Adobe's products are difficult to grasp."

What is our primary use case?

We use Adobe Connect for virtual meetings and instructor-led virtual classes.

It is what we use for instructor-led virtual classes, which we call VILT.

They are live classes that begin and end at specific times, and I have a live facilitator, to interact with them.

What is most valuable?

I like Adobe Connect because of its flexibility. It gives us a lot of flexibility.

It has a variety of layouts and the ability to create templates.

We do product training for specific products, and it allows us to have different classrooms.

We like how simple it is for participants to participate.

They are pretty solid, as well as good and high-end. But the good news is that it isn't like Photoshop, which has so many nuances and features.  Adobe is fairly simple to use once you get the hang of it.

What needs improvement?

Adobe's products are difficult to grasp. They don't have a good explanation.

You could get an enterprise version with what is known as concurrent users, allowing you to have a large number of hosts.

The issue with the internet is that you need hosting for the named host, with a named host account. The named host must enter the meeting, open it, and remain in it until the meeting is completed.

This appears to be pointless because the named host can elevate a participant to the role of host for that meeting when someone enters the room.

We have instructors who come in to teach classes. They might teach two or three classes per month. When we start a class, the named host, one of the five, has to open that class, and he can turn it over to that the instructor to take over as the host for the rest of the meeting.

The instructor can now share screens, ask questions, make calls, and put up polls.

It appears to be constraining. I wouldn't mind a five-host license, but a floating host would be preferable. We couldn't host more than five classes at once, which would have been easier for both us and Adobe.

The person could simply use a pseudonym or, host one, host two, or host five, to login. With our situation, it is rare that we would do two at a time. We do them sequentially.  We may offer two courses in a day, but not five all simultaneously.

I have been working with Adobe Connect for two years.

We have a 535 main host subscription.

So far, the stability has been good. It has functioned well for us. We haven't had any issues.

Adobe Connect is a scalable product.

Adobe has a VAR system, where they have authorized resellers and dealers.

Our first call is to the dealer, and they have been able to solve most of the issues we have experienced.

Adobe does an excellent job of providing training. They have a wealth of free knowledge that you can access, as well as free webinars. There are also events.

It was not difficult to set up.

What other advice do I have?

I have been using Adobe products since the 1980s when the personal computer was first introduced.

We really like it.

I would rate Adobe Connect a nine out of ten.

Goverment Relations at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Good screen and document share features; interface and layout options require improvement
  • "Screen share and document share are good features."
  • "Interface and layout options could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for online meetings and information sessions. I work in government relations and we are customers of Adobe.

What is most valuable?

I find the screen share and the document share valuable features - the fact that you can actually keep documents within the meeting. They are little things and I guess all similar solutions have the same features.

What needs improvement?

I think that both the interface and the layout options, the ability to organize the different components for an online meeting on your screen, could be improved.

The solution is stable.

This is a scalable solution. We have a lot of people using the product, board members and senior staff and we also have support staff running the meetings.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We're always looking at other solutions, no one solution is perfect. We've also participated in meetings from third parties with other platforms as well so we're starting to get a good handle on what's available. The interface and ease of use are two main components but we also need to take our bandwidth requirements into account.

Private Cloud

Other
Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Cisco, Zoom Video Communications, and more!