Please share with the community what you think needs improvement with Quadient Inspire.
What are its weaknesses? What would you like to see changed in a future version?
Imposition would be the area that we would like to see improved. It is very powerful, yet also cumbersome to use compared with other software. It would be great to have an easy interface to handle the 80% of simple impositions and still have the complexity needed for the other 20%. Another option would be to have the ability to save out an imposition file not as an additional template, but as an imposition file that could be called into the template. We would also like to see the default color space be CMYK. It is currently RGB.
One improvement would be to make the training modules or university free for users, as not all companies will pay for their employees to do the training and get the certificates. Also, maybe having some training modules that are more specific to different types of uses, for example, a set for marking materials and a different set for statements.
The de-bug/help system is quite ambiguous at times and only works if you know where to look, but I find that its search facility is perhaps not as extensive as it might be and often returns fairly random results unless the search terms used are very specific. However, it should be pointed out that the provider does have a very good support network in place with expert users proving most helpful. Quadient University and the Quad are valuable resources where experienced users are on hand to provide prompt solutions to even complex problems; even sometimes going to the lengths of creating example workflows and scripts to carry out the required task.
I feel the scripting modules are very powerful but are difficult to use if you do not have the programming knowledge. I would like more wizards to be included in the scripting module and perhaps an online training course on Udemy would be a useful asset.
In the (near) future I would love to be able to merge Excel XLS data with the same level of ease that we can currently merge CSV data sources (including text attributes, which are lost when using the CSV format).
The product would be improved with the inclusion of support for address cleansing in all of the EU countries.
Quadient has always been a leader in innovation, and the existing functionality that has been around for at least two years cannot really be improved further. What can be improved are the new additions to the solution.
The power and depth of the product mean that it can be quite difficult to see everything that is going on. Quite often we end up with 10 or more nested levels of tables and flows. I'm not sure how you make this easier to see but the right solutions would have huge benefits.
Documentation could always use some improvement, especially on something this complex and varied. That being said, the documentation has been steadily improving over the past 15 years that I've been using it.
* More flexibility in editing * Better bullets and number formatting.
The help system is quite thorough if you know where to look, but I find that its search facility is perhaps not as extensive as it might be and often returns fairly random results unless the search terms used are very specific. It would also be advantageous for more help with regards to scripting as I'm still something of a novice when it comes to that. But in fairness, it should be pointed out that the provider does have a very good support network in place with expert users proving most helpful. Quadient University is a valuable resource where experienced users are on hand to provide prompt solutions to even complex problems; even sometimes going to the lengths of creating example scripts and workflows to carry out the required task.
Many of the features that are problematic in the version that we use (R10.4) are resolved in later releases (R12 is current). The one area that Quadient (historically) has been weak in is in the licensing and cost for some modules. Quadient are aware of this and are being proactive in improving this aspect. They have a great roadmap and understanding of the ever-evolving CCM industry, actively seeking out feedback from users and insights on how they can continuously improve the product.
What do you like most about Quadient Inspire?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the community!