Zix Email Encryption OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zix Email Encryption is the #29 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Zix Email Encryption an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Zix Email Encryption is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Office 365: Zix Email Encryption vs Microsoft Defender for Office 365. Zix Email Encryption is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Zix Email Encryption?

ZixEncrypt removes the hassle of encrypted email and gives you peace of mind that your sensitive data is secure in email. Using proven policy filters, your emails and attachments are scanned automatically. If emails contain sensitive information, they can be encrypted or quarantined. With encryption, secure email is delivered to your recipients in the easiest method possible, including our unrivaled transparent delivery. If the messages are quarantined, there's a second chance to review, ensuring the right messages are going to the right people.

Zix Email Encryption was previously known as ZixEncrypt.

Zix Email Encryption Customers

Erie County of Pennsylvania’s Human Services Department, Justice Federal Credit Union, STAR Financial Group, Chisago County, Minn., The National Banks of Central Texas, Kentucky Retirement Systems (KRS), Frankfort, Ky, Athletico Physical Therapy, District of Columbia Retirement Board (DCRB), CIBM Bank

Zix Email Encryption Video

Zix Email Encryption Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zix Email Encryption pricing:
"In terms of pricing, I believe they provide excellent value."

Zix Email Encryption Reviews

John Zupancic - PeerSpot reviewer
Vice President / Branch Manager / Senior Technician at Aperion Information Technologies, Inc.
MSP
Inexpensive, with good email security, but the technical support could be improved
  • "They do a better job of determining what's real and what's not than most of the other solutions we have tried, and it's been very painless to use."
  • "They have some areas that could be improved. For example, we also use this solution for email encryption, which was clunky and could be improved, but the email security itself has been excellent."

What is our primary use case?

Zix Email Message Privacy is used for mail threat protection.

We are a reseller; we sell it to customers, but only about a hundred of them use it. A hundred businesses, not endpoints.

How has it helped my organization?

Today, everyone needs encryption. Zix Email Message Privacy makes encryption easy.

What is most valuable?

They do a better job of determining what's real and what's not than most of the other solutions we have tried, and it's been very painless to use.

What needs improvement?

We don't have as many problems with email security. They have some areas that could be improved. For example, we also use this solution for email encryption, which was clunky and could be improved, but the email security itself has been excellent.

The web interface works well but the Outlook plug-in has been problematic.  We've had to uninstall/reinstall it. On some Outlook clients (including mine), it causes Outlook to stop responding.  I disabled the Outlook plug-in and only use the web interface.

Email Security
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Zix, Microsoft, Cisco and others in Email Security. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been working with Zix Email Message Privacy for five or six years.

Because everything is hosted online, we are always working with the most recent version.

Technical support is not as good as it used to be.

They were fantastic when they were just AppRiver. They're not quite as good now that Zix has bought them, but they're still good. They're simply not as good as they once were, but that happens when you get a larger company.

We have customers that use Proofpoint, but we don't use Proofpoint at this time.

They are an Office 365 CSP, and they do a good job at it. However, we don't use many of their other products in conjunction with them.

We maintain and deploy this solution for our customers.

It requires very little maintenance, which is what makes it so appealing, and it produces very few false positives.

Because everything is hosted, the initial setup is simple. The most important thing to do is to change the MX records.

In terms of pricing, I believe they provide excellent value. They are fairly inexpensive. They are in the same ballpark as most other similar online products.

What other advice do I have?

It appears to work very well in my opinion. Previously, we were MX Logic, which was acquired by McAfee, and Postini users, which were acquired by Google, before migrating to AppRiver, where we have remained ever since. It's just been consistent.

Because the encryption has been very clunky, I would rate Zix Email Encryption a seven out of ten.

Download our free Email Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Zix, Microsoft, Cisco, and more!
Updated: November 2022