Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is #8 ranked solution in top ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) tools and #21 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give WSO2 Enterprise Integrator an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is most commonly compared to IBM Integration Bus: WSO2 Enterprise Integrator vs IBM Integration Bus. WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is WSO2 Enterprise Integrator?

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator, core to the WSO2 Integration Agile Platform, is an open source Integration product for cloud native and container-native projects. It enables enterprise integration experts to build, scale, and secure sophisticated integration solutions to achieve digital agility. Unlike other integration products, WSO2 Enterprise Integrator already contains integration runtimes, message brokering, business process modeling, analytics and visual tooling capabilities.

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator Customers

West

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator Video

Archived WSO2 Enterprise Integrator Reviews (more than two years old)

Emmanuel LESNE - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Architect at Middleware Solutions
Has good productivity but it is difficult to build a high availability platform
  • "The productivity is the most valuable feature. It is very easy to write remediations."
  • "The server is very specific and it is very difficult to get experience with it."

How has it helped my organization?

We use it to manage five of our vehicles. It's a data integration tool.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The server is very specific and it is very difficult to get experience with it.

I have been using WSO2 for two to three years.

Data Integration Tools
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about WSO2, Talend, TIBCO and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability and scalability are normal. No issues with that.

We have contacted their support and they were good but not perfect.

The deployment took a few hours.

It is possible to start with a free solution, and that's why it is a good starting point.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution. It has many integration components.

I would rate it a six out of ten. Not a ten because it's not so easy and it's a little difficult to deploy on a platform. It is difficult to build a high availability platform.

In the next release, it should be faster.

CEO with 51-200 employees
A cost-effective solution that suits our needs, but the installation is challenging
  • "The learning curve for this solution is very good."
  • "I would like to see better documentation for the open-source version."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is solution core integration. We recently used this for a project in the financial sector, where we were integrating different legacy systems and internal systems. This was a proof of concept project that has now been completed.

We have also used this solution for other elements, such as presenting management systems and as an API gateway host.

We are using the on-premise deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The learning curve for this solution is very good.

It is an open-source solution, so it is better in terms of cost.

What needs improvement?

We had some challenges with the installation of this solution. We were using the open-source version with no support, and I expect that if we had the paid version then this would have been fixed.

I would like to see better documentation for the open-source version.

We have been using this solution for the past six months.

Considering the load we had at the time, which was low, it was stable.

We expect that better documentation would help when it comes to scaling this solution.

Currently, the volume is low, with less than one hundred users.

We did not have technical support, although we found that community support was good enough to fulfill our needs.

The initial setup of this solution was simple.

The open-source, unsupported version is available free of charge.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to start with a proof of concept project. That will allow them to properly scale it or benchmark it for their internal capacity.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Data Integration Tools
September 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mahmoud Elkholy - PeerSpot reviewer
Head Of Applications Support at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good integration between systems and strong stability
  • "The stability is excellent."
  • "There are a lot of security settings that when you apply you have to re-apply again every time you modify a setting. It is something that really needs to be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for integration between core banking and other systems.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution provides a way to communicate with unknown software with standard flexibility. Normally, we did not have good service integration with multiple systems and it provided this functionality, which is good.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the integration between core banking and other systems.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for four years.

The stability is excellent.

I wasn't able to check the scalability or test it very well previously, but I just tried it for about 1,000 transactions per minute, for testing, that it runs smoothly with no issue. We typically have a lower amount of transactions than that. Its use is not extensive.

We haven't used technical support.

We didn't previously use another solution. I was on the search for an open-source solution in order to have the ability to change or amend settings.

The latest version remains very complex, although it's going to wizard. The information is very easy for handling the integration. The initial version we used had some complications but it's handled now. The deployment didn't take more than an hour. We only needed two people to implement the solution - an admin and a developer. For maintenance, we only need the admin.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We don't use the cloud version; we have our own servers.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about WSO2, Talend, TIBCO, and more!
Updated: September 2022