WSO2 Enterprise Integrator OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is the #7 ranked solution in top ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) tools and #22 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give WSO2 Enterprise Integrator an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is most commonly compared to Red Hat Fuse: WSO2 Enterprise Integrator vs Red Hat Fuse. WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is WSO2 Enterprise Integrator?

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator, core to the WSO2 Integration Agile Platform, is an open source Integration product for cloud native and container-native projects. It enables enterprise integration experts to build, scale, and secure sophisticated integration solutions to achieve digital agility. Unlike other integration products, WSO2 Enterprise Integrator already contains integration runtimes, message brokering, business process modeling, analytics and visual tooling capabilities.

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator Customers

West

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator Video

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator Pricing Advice

What users are saying about WSO2 Enterprise Integrator pricing:
  • "The solution costs about 20,000 or 30,000 euros per year, per instance."
  • "The cost is better than IBM Cloud Pak."
  • WSO2 Enterprise Integrator Reviews

RiteshShah - PeerSpot reviewer
    Vice President at Exzatech Consulting And Services Pvt Ltd.
    Reseller
    Customizable, with good pricing and a good interface
    • "The installation process is easy."
    • "The customization can be a bit difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We basically use the solution for the connectors. There are some legacy platforms and the WSO2 provides a good amount of connectors. I'm able to integrate this quickly with those third-party platforms. There are some big mediations that are also required.

What is most valuable?

The link tool is good.

There is a good GUI tool where you can define all your requirements. It is very easy to use.

We are still exploring the entire solution. There are so many solutions, ESB solutions, and we are still learning.

The interface is very good.

The dashboard is excellent.

The reporting of the solution is very good.

The installation process is easy.

The pricing is okay.

We've found the technical support to be good so far.

The solution can scale well.

What needs improvement?

I will need some time to reflect on improvements as we are still exploring the product. Maybe in another two or three months, I'd have more insights.

The customization can be a bit difficult.

I've only been using the solution for a month. It hasn't been that long just yet.

Data Integration Tools
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about WSO2, Talend, TIBCO and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is very good. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze from what I have seen so far. It's reliable and the performance has been good.

The scalability is good. It's possible to expand it if you need to.

We haven't had any issues with the technical support. They seem to be helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of service we are provided so far.

On this solution, the installation is easy, however, customization, mostly due to the fact that there will be a good amount of customization and mediations, requires expertise. If the people who are implementing the solution have the right set of expertise they will be able to do it. If a novice user is attempting an implementation, they will need some training first.

There is an open-source version, however, we have a subscription. Direct technical support is available when you are on a subscription plan. In the open-source version, you have community-level support where you will get support from the community.

We've also, as per the customer requirement, looked at Mule. We are comparing these two solutions together.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner with the company.

We always use on-premises deployments as we only work with on-prem.

While I am still exploring the solution, I've so far been pretty satisfied with it. I'd rate it at a nine out of ten so far.

From my experience so far, I would recommend the solution to other users and companies. It's very customizable and the support is there if you need help. Of course, we are still in the design phase, and it is still early.

Ilir Lazaj - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Consultant at Capgemini
    Consolidated, reliable, and has responsive technical support
    • "It's a consolidated product. It works and it does its job pretty well."
    • "The setup can be difficult for those not familiar with the solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our needs are mainly focused on the ESB side. We use the product to fill our enterprise service bus scenarios or needs.

What is most valuable?

The usage has been very good. It's more than sufficient.

It's a stable product.

What needs improvement?

There is a minor need to improve the ease of configuration. The configuration of the product is not an easy task for everyone. I agree that it has to be that way, as it's a good technology, however, maybe for people with low experience it can be hard. There can be a higher learning curve.

The setup can be difficult for those not familiar with the solution.

I'd like to see the possibility of configuring the product via consoles with more elasticity without having the need to go to the single files in the file system, add the files manually, and then restarting. We'd like to make some changes, some tuning of the product, using the administration console. If this is extended to the console, it would be great. We need more operations done by the console. It simplifies the life of the worker.

I've used the solution since 2015. It's been a while. Around seven years.

There's nothing to say about the stability. It has been reliable and fine. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We use an architecture that does not have many nodes. We use at most four nodes at a time. In our scenario, everything fulfills our expectations. We don't scale much.

Technical support is very good. We occasionally have contact with them and they always answer in a very short amount of time.

While the initial setup is quite linear, it is not for everyone. I see people that often go into a panic. Usually, if they have a lack of experience in other fields, or in other integrated technologies, it makes them nervous.

I am the team leader for the management of the product at the client. So, I represent my company to the client. We have a team of about six people that can handle deployment and maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves in-house. We did not need any integrators or consultants.

The solution costs about 20,000 or 30,000 euros per year, per instance. That is my understanding. It is the client that actually pays for the license. There are no extra costs above and beyond the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners.

I've used, from the very beginning, the fourth version. Now I'm using the 6.5 version.

I've been pleased with the solution. It's a consolidated product. It works and it does its job pretty well.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Data Integration Tools
    November 2022
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    RiteshShah - PeerSpot reviewer
    Vice President at Exzatech Consulting And Services Pvt Ltd.
    Reseller
    Stable and reliable solution with straightforward setup; great tech support provided

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for our enterprise customers.

What is most valuable?

The connectors feature has been the most valuable for us. The built-in connectors help with quick connectivity to the platforms. We are using this for both our banking and insurance clients.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see easier customizations in the new WSO2 Enterprise Integrator versions. Most of the issues we run into with the WSO2 Enterprise Integrator deal with customizations.

Another problem that we run into is that our clients, which are mostly in government, do not want to put analytics on the cloud. So, I would like to see an on-premise analytics solution. In the last town hall call, they said they plan on introducing it in the future.

The analytics has to be part of this or otherwise we will have to use an ELK or something similar.

I have been using WSO2 Enterprise Integrator for four years.

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is a stable product.

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is a scalable product.

They have a support portal where we can log a ticket and get good support from them. We get it directly from the OEM. It's a real good one.

Whenever we log a ticket, their team comes over or calls and analyzes the problem jointly with us. They provide good support.

The initial setup was straightforward. WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is not a complex piece of software. It's simple to handle and easy to manage.

We can deploy it in a day's time. We have done major deployments, so it doesn't take much time for us.

The pricing is reasonable, it's not costly. I think it's open source.

What other advice do I have?

Future users should keep in mind that they will need at least a little bit of guidance from an API manager. It is not likely that they will be able to just install and handle it directly. They will need some bit of guidance and support.

Private Cloud
    Christopher Lebuso - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Software Developer at FROSTBYTE
    A helpful solution in improving our time management as development is quicker
    • "The drag-and-drop features for connectors are very valuable."
    • "You cannot include the validation of XPath."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is building APIs to integrate with other systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our time management because development is quicker.

What is most valuable?

The drag-and-drop features for connectors are very valuable.

What needs improvement?

You cannot include the validation of XPath.

We have been using this solution for approximately three years. The solution is deployed on-premises.

The solution is stable, and we have not experienced any issues.

The solution is said to be scalable, but we haven't gotten the solution to a point where we can scale it per the requirement. So, I wouldn't know whether it's genuinely scalable yet. Currently, less than 20 people are using this solution in our organization.

We have had a good experience with customer service and support because they are resourceful and helpful. I rate the support team eight out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We previously used Broadcom but switched because the license for this solution was more affordable.

The initial setup was straightforward. However, it took a few hours to deploy the solution.

Implementation was done in-house.

I cannot comment on pricing and licensing as I don't have access to that information.

I am unsure if other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten. The solution is good but can be improved by including validation exports for XPath. I recommend this solution to people considering it.

Mahmoud Elkholy - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head Of Applications Support at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
    User friendly, very stable and light on consumption ,with a competitive price
    • "I like the user-friendly system and development of the service-oriented architecture."
    • "I would like to see them bring back a feature, from earlier versions, that was very useful in debugging and finding issues."

What is most valuable?

I like the user-friendly system and development of the service-oriented architecture. The minimum hardware and installation requirements are great.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the clustering feature written with a proper connection to WSO2 Enterprise Integrator servers. If a tool was available for developing some special interfaces and this tool could be through a wizard on the web interface itself, that would be helpful. I would like to see them bring back a feature, from early versions, that was very useful in debugging and finding issues.

I have been using WSO2 Enterprise Integrator for the past four years now.

We have made several initial tests on it and we have never had an issue with the stability of the system. It is very stable and light on consumption in terms of memory and CPU.

The scalability is not strong. If you want to scale it you have to install multiple servers.

Technical support provides proper support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The setup was straightforward and simple.

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator may cost you about twenty-five thousand dollars annually per year compared to IBM Cloud Pak, which would cost you around one million dollars.

We did compare it to other solutions. There is a big difference when you look at IBM Cloud Pak. Ease of use, maintenance, and cost are better with WSO2 Enterprise Integrator.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate WSO2 Enterprise Integrator an eight out of ten.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about WSO2, Talend, TIBCO, and more!
    Updated: November 2022