We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

WatchGuard AuthPoint OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is WatchGuard AuthPoint?

WatchGuard's multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution not only helps to reduce the likelihood of network disruptions and data breaches arising from lost or stolen credentials, but we deliver this important capability entirely from the Cloud for easy set-up and management. AuthPoint goes beyond traditional 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) by considering innovative ways to positively identify users, and our large ecosystem of 3rd party integrations means that you can use MFA to protect access to the network, VPNs, and Cloud applications. Even non-technical users find the AuthPoint mobile app easy and convenient to use!

WatchGuard AuthPoint was previously known as AuthPoint.

WatchGuard AuthPoint Customers

Ellips, Mednet, Diecutstickers.com, Fletchers Solicitors

WatchGuard AuthPoint Video

WatchGuard AuthPoint Pricing Advice

What users are saying about WatchGuard AuthPoint pricing:
"The pricing, I believe, is around $3 a user a year. It is quite reasonable."

WatchGuard AuthPoint Reviews

RainerAlbrecht
General Manager at Gemakom
Prioritises security to give a very dependable, stable and scalable solution
  • "It can be implemented as an app on the phone, rather than with a hardware token."
  • "Locking could be enhanced to be GDPR compliant."

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for multi-factor authentication in-house. We also expect our suppliers to implement the solution because we're dealing with sensitive data, personal data, and need to use two-factor authentication. So it can be integrated with remote support. We use well-prepared templates to integrate the AWS, Office 365, and so it's very, very easy to implement for our needs. I'm the General Manager of our company and we partner with WatchGuard.

What is most valuable?

Push authentication is very, very compatible and a valuable feature. You only need a smart phone, Android, or iOS and then it can be implemented as an app on the phone, rather than with a hardware token. There's no need to wear a hardware token so you're always secure. Your smart phone is by your side and so is your token. If it were a hardware token you would have a big problem.

What needs improvement?

Documentation on cloud could be improved. For example, they could introduce video tutorials for implementation.

In the next release, they could perhaps enhance the locking as an additional feature. For now, it's limited to 90 days. Maybe it should be enhanced to be GDPR-compliant.

I've been using the solution for about two years.

It's a very stable solution because it's on-premise. You have the RADIUS server that's easy for Windows implementation. You can also integrate Active Directory You must look for your stability concerning RADIUS on premise and also on Active Directory. The cloud is also very stable.

The solution is very scalable, it can be scaled to over 100 users. You can start with five user licenses and can expand as necessary. For now, we have 15 users in the company. We also integrate our suppliers and get them to use the two-factor authentication for additional security. We also expect them to be GDPR compliant.

We've used technical support very rarely - reaction time is somewhere between two to four hours by email. You need a good reseller or system integrator because WatchGuard support is in English. We are in Germany so it's a bit of a disadvantage for native German speakers. But in the IT field it's normal to have to speak English.

Initial setup is quite straightforward. The customer just needs to instal the gateway software on premise. It's a RADIUS emulation. Deployment takes about half an hour. The time it takes depends on the number of users that you want to implement. Every user needs a token and implementation is on the smart phone so it can take more time, but for one end user deployment takes half an hour.

What other advice do I have?

Test the solution before you buy. There is a 30-day free trial period with full functionality, and it's easy to test. It's very, very important to use a multifactor authentication, and AuthPoint offers two-factor authentication with the various options.

I would rate the product an eight out of 10.

IT Technician at a real estate/law firm with 11-50 employees
Personal notifications are very easy to use, and it is easy to deploy and scale

What is our primary use case?

WatchGuard AuthPoint is the multifactor authentication solution for our VPN. It gets used on a regular basis. It is our multifactor authentication piece to connect to our VPN back into our network. We are using its latest version. It is a cloud solution, and it is probably on WatchGuard's cloud. We don't control it.

What is most valuable?

Personal notifications are very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It has been really great. We don't have any complaints about it at all. We've only had one or two very minor glitches, and they were just in passing.

We implemented AuthPoint last year.

It has been very stable.

What do I think about the

What is our primary use case?

We are using its latest version. It is a cloud solution, and it is probably on
WatchGuard's cloud. We don't control it.

What is most valuable?

Personal notifications are very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

We implemented AuthPoint last year.

It has been very stable.

It scales easily. We have about 25 people.

I used their technical support one time. They were very good. I would rate them at least a nine out of 10.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

This is the only one we've used.

It is fairly straightforward. You need to have some general knowledge of networking and networking functions, but other than that, it is pretty straightforward.

The pricing, I believe, is around $3 a user a year. It is quite reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

It is very easy to use once it is set up and going.

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Other