We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

VMware Workspace ONE OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

VMware Workspace ONE is #3 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give VMware Workspace ONE an average rating of 8 out of 10. VMware Workspace ONE is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: VMware Workspace ONE vs Microsoft Intune. VMware Workspace ONE is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is VMware Workspace ONE?

Workspace ONE is a digital workspace platform that simply and securely delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management. It is available as a cloud service or for on-premises deployment.

VMware Workspace ONE was previously known as VMware AirWatch.

VMware Workspace ONE Buyer's Guide

Download the VMware Workspace ONE Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

VMware Workspace ONE Customers
Australian Sports Commission, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust, Lomond School, Merck, United Bank, Medical College of Wisconsin, Latymer Upper School, 2gether NHS Foundation Trust, Dowling Aaron Inc., Trillium Lakelands District School Board, Harrogate Grammar School, Duke University Football, Delta Air Lines, Adventist Health System, Giochi Preziosi, Cramlington Learning Village, Intermountain Healthcare, Safexpress, TAG Aviation
VMware Workspace ONE Video

VMware Workspace ONE Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VMware Workspace ONE pricing:
  • "The solution runs at roughly around $36/user for a year."
  • "It is quite expensive, but I think large companies have agreements with these organizations that provide remote monitoring for phones, and they get massive discounts. The public price does not reflect what they pay. You won't get the same pricing if you're buying for 10 employees versus 1,000 employees. On the public price, you get perhaps a 10% discount, but if you're buying 1,000, the discount could be really massive, especially if you signed a contract for a number of years."
  • "Workspace ONE is on the higher end of the pricing band when compared to other players in the market."
  • "For most of the projects, we use the standard license but for complex ones, we use the older type of processes, integrations, and licenses inside the solution."
  • "While it is not inexpensive in terms of price, it is definitely worth it."
  • "If you have a host of custom requirements (including licensing), make sure to set aside enough time for the initial setup because it can take up to a few weeks depending on how complex your environment is."
  • VMware Workspace ONE Reviews

Senior Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
    MSP
    A straightforward setup with a good set of features and very good documentation
    • "The solution has very good documentation."
    • "I'd like to see expanded device support, particularly for IoT things like SCADA devices."

What is our primary use case?

We've had a full range of use cases. It's great for community colleges or remote workers. Onsite it can be on desktops or mobile. It has the ability to wipe mobile devices. You can lock them down or control them.

Obviously, with COVID, the remote workforce has been a huge driver.

I had one client that had a bunch of gyms where you got to work out and they deployed Workspace One across all of them and used that just to serve all the desktops. That way everything was uniform, and everything was the same patching level. It just simplified management. That's one example of a specific use-case.

How has it helped my organization?

You can always do more to gain network efficiency for delivery. At the end of the day, you're sending mouse clicks, keyboards, and screens out, and just improving delivery mechanisms. If you've got a full spectrum of consumers out there, they are there on everything. You've got everything from cellular service to multi-gigabit in homes these days. Just optimizing the network, that is a thing companies are going to chase - and that will be the case across all solutions.

What is most valuable?

The customer needed to cut their budget. They already owned Workspace One which was an additional cost. VMware just released an MDM-only version of Workspace One, which was much less and that met their budget needs. They were able to stay on the same platform and cut their budget as they needed.

All of the features have been quite helpful. They are all equally powerful and equally valuable for businesses - however, for different reasons. It just depends on the business which features end up being the most valuable to them.

Mainly, the solution offers a simplified administration, which is likely the biggest value for a business. The solution makes it possible for businesses to free their people up to think about the next steps for the business.

Particularly during COVID, everybody had to evolve all of their businesses to survive. Everyone has been looking for better ROI.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The solution has very good documentation.

We've found the solution to be very stable.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see expanded device support, particularly for IoT things like SCADA devices. That would be a huge benefit, especially as we automate more in production in the commercial sectors like manufacturing.

I've been using the solution for about three and a half years at this point. It's been a while now.

Overall I'm impressed with the solution. Some of the historical predecessors have not been as solid and stable as compared to Intune. VMware is adapting and scaling the Workstation One product line, and they likely just created the new MDM-only version to have something outside of Horizon for people who want only MDM

That said, this is very stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches and doesn't crash or freeze. It's very good.

We've found that the solution works just as well for small companies as it does for large ones. It works across the spectrum of business sizes very well.

I have had interactions with technical support. Each customer is different, however. Sometimes we get into some squirrely situations where we're trying to meet a weird customer need and have to pull them in.

I have found them to be very, very knowledgeable and very good at thinking out of the box. I've never had a bad experience with one of their engineers - even if they are trying to help me do something weird. When a customer wants to do something really weird, they find a way to make it work. I haven't had a situation where they couldn't make it work.

We are extremely satisfied with their level of support.

The initial setup is not complex, especially if you're familiar with the VMware product line. It's very straightforward due to the fact that it's intuitive with our way of thinking.

Most IT people will tell you if they came up with Microsoft or Cisco, whichever ecosystem, once they understood the mental model behind product design, then it didn't matter. They could find their way around anything new. The same is true with VMware. If a company is used to VMware tools and other areas, it'll transition straight across for that.

In our case, we did an emergency deployment. What I would call a saturation deployment. We threw technical bodies at it to get it done faster. We turned it in in about 48 hours. The equipment came onsite.

Assuming the equipment's there, you can move fast. What might be an issue right now is lag time. The big lag time is just trying to get the equipment. Once it's was there, we were able to turn it around within 48 hours. It was for a 3,500 students community college that went overnight during COVID from classroom instruction to online.

Their first online classes were zoom. They deployed a whole bunch of low-cost laptops out there and they allowed people to bring their own devices if they had one, as long as the college could manage it. It was just kind of a rush, however, we got it out and deployed and we found that help desk calls were very low. It's just a combination of a great product and good documentation.

In terms of maintenance, if it's MDM-only then you just need one person, maybe half time, for up to a thousand users. I've got one person at about 2,500 users right now. It's just a matter of how much change goes on in the environment, or if are you deploying new applications or iOS versions. If you are constantly turning over devices, you may need a bit more maintenance. Typically this type of work is assigned to an end-point administrator.

The solution runs at roughly around $36/user for a year. Companies just pay the basic fee. That's MSRP. They do sales off of that so that vendors can get discounts under certain circumstances. The price will vary, however, that's the MSRP on it.

I've seen them go crazy at the company's year-end. Timing really can be everything.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a solutions architect for a VMware partner. I supervise the implementation team. There are engineers that are out there that implement it and do the post-implementation support as well.

Largely, we are working with on-premises deployment models, however, we're working towards a hybrid deployment. It's hard for some organizations to break the old ways of thinking. They mistrust the cloud and while on-site is tried and true, and something you can put your hand on, it's just an education process and it takes time for companies to come around to the cloud is just as good.

I would advise companies to not implement as you learn. Rather take time to understand the product and plan everything ahead. It will be easier.

On a scale from one to ten. I'd put it at an eight. There's always room to improve and always room to grow. In comparison, for example, I'd rate Intune about a six, however, it's definitely coming.

Roshan Teeluck
    Partner Manager North America at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Secure, easy to use, centrally managed, and works well
    • "You can put all your applications on a mobile device, be it a phone or tablet. It is secure and easy to use. Because it is centrally managed, you don't have to do any configuration on the phone. I just got the phone and connected to the central applications. I just downloaded one thing and everything got rolled out. Email, calendar, and other things were deployed centrally. If you don't have AirWatch, you have to configure your phone manually. For example, you need to deploy and configure your email manually and then synchronize everything. It is much simpler when a mobile device is centrally managed."
    • "Its performance is quite good on Apple phones or even mid-range phones. If you install an AirWatch on a phone that is not too powerful, you will have performance issues. That's only because the phone is not too powerful, and there is not enough memory, etc. They could do a lighter version for a less powerful phone. It would also be useful for very small companies that don't want to spend money on expensive phones. Having said that, I don't think that is their target market. If their target market is enterprise, all enterprises perhaps have an agreement with Google or Apple, and they would get a phone that has already been tested, and they know that AirWatch will work on that phone."

What is our primary use case?

We deploy AirWatch on the mobile devices of our employees.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions. It provides security. If you're giving phones to your employees, you want the platform to be secure. If an employee loses his or her phone or someone steals it, the data on the phone itself is secured because you can just centrally disable everything. So, you only lose the device but not the data. If you lose your phone and there is no AirWatch in it, you need to find other creative ways to disable or get your phone back.

It allows companies to apply rules related to company policy. You can use your phone like a normal device with the exception that it is being monitored by the company, which I don't mind because I use the phone exclusively for work.

What is most valuable?

You can put all your applications on a mobile device, be it a phone or tablet. It is secure and easy to use. Because it is centrally managed, you don't have to do any configuration on the phone. I just got the phone and connected to the central applications. I just downloaded one thing and everything got rolled out. Email, calendar, and other things were deployed centrally. If you don't have AirWatch, you have to configure your phone manually. For example, you need to deploy and configure your email manually and then synchronize everything. It is much simpler when a mobile device is centrally managed.

What needs improvement?

Its performance is quite good on Apple phones or even mid-range phones. If you install an AirWatch on a phone that is not too powerful, you will have performance issues. That's because the phone is not too powerful, and there is not enough memory, etc. They could do a lighter version for a less powerful phone. It would also be useful for very small companies that don't want to spend money on expensive phones. Having said that, I don't think that is their target market. If their target market is enterprise, all enterprises perhaps have an agreement with Google or Apple, and they would get a phone that has already been tested, and they know that AirWatch will work on that phone.

I have been using this solution for three months.

It is stable. There are no issues or bugs at this moment. In the earlier versions, there were some bugs, but they have fixed those. My experience is only with iOS, and it seems stable. I have got an Apple device. iOS is a quite stable platform, and they have tuned it to work really well with iOS and even Android.

My company is quite big, and it seems good for big companies. It is for the enterprise environment. You won't use AirWatch for one or two individuals. You use it when you have a quite sizable mass of employees. In our company, it is being used by sales professionals, VPs, and C-levels.

I have not used their technical support. After you do the installation, usually you shouldn't have any problem unless there is a hardware issue with the phone itself. If there is any problem with AirWatch, they should be able to fix it from there because everything is centrally managed.

When I joined the company, they gave me the phone and asked me to install AirWatch, so that was it.

It is quite straightforward for technical and non-technical people. You just press next and read what you're doing, and that's it. It is nothing too complex.

It is quite expensive, but I think large companies have agreements with these organizations that provide remote monitoring for phones, and they get massive discounts. The public price does not reflect what they pay. You won't get the same pricing if you're buying for 10 employees versus 1,000 employees. On the public price, you get perhaps a 10% discount, but if you're buying 1,000, the discount could be really massive, especially if you signed a contract for a number of years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate AirWatch a nine out of ten. It is quite good, and I have a good experience with it. The phone has never failed, so it is working well.

Private Cloud

Other
    Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    JagdishRao
    Technical Account Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Wide range of features and has great technical support
    • "The Identity component of this solution is its most valuable feature."
    • "They need a more flexible pricing model."

What is most valuable?

Workspace ONE has a pretty broad range of features and capabilities. It's like a market-wide buffet that hasn't yet spread out. However, when compared to its competitors, such as Microsoft Intune, Intune is behind the game, but it has been catching up in terms of the capabilities and features that it now has to offer.

The Identity component of this solution is its most valuable feature.

VMware provides a wide range of services that are second to none.

What needs improvement?

They need a more flexible pricing model.

I have been working with VMware Workspace ONE for four years.

In terms of stability, I would say VMware Workspace ONE is fairly stable, but not every OEM vendor in the world can provide products that are error-free. When it comes to fixing errors, I believe VMware is on the right track. The problems aren't bothering the customers.

There are some errors but nothing that is of concern and it gets corrected quickly.

When compared to its competitors such as Microsoft, VMware is a much more scalable product, in my opinion.

When it comes to their SaaS offering, I would say the product is a little more flexible and scalable.

In terms of support, I would say it is adequate. When compared to Microsoft, I would say VMware support is excellent. However, there are times when you need to escalate certain issues in order to gain traction. And if you're not getting anywhere with your support cases, you may need to escalate internally.

Previously, I worked with Microsoft Intune.

Microsoft's licensing is more flexible and adaptive, in my opinion. In Microsoft, you pay for whatever you use. In terms of services, it is more evenly distributed. You only need to pay for one license to get access to a suite of products. From your office to your endpoint, you are essentially managing your endpoint. Everything is combined into a single console. somewhat more flexible on the Microsoft side, which is lacking on the VMware side.

In terms of features, I believe VMware has struck the right chord. However, there are some features in Microsoft that are lacking. I'm confident that Microsoft will try to catch up over time, and it will be there, within the next year or two.

I would say it was a straightforward process because if you are a potential lead for the product, the relevant stakeholders, such as the sales team, take action and then convert it. They perform POCs.

I would say that at the very least the pricing needs to be revised. Workspace ONE is on the higher end of the pricing band when compared to other players in the market.

Pricing may need to be subsidized.

The price is reasonable given the features that Workspace ONE provides.

Not every company or every organization in the world can afford the VMware Workspace ONE just for the features. Some companies might be using some of the features, and they will have to pay for the rest of the features, even if they are not utilizing them.

What other advice do I have?

I am not currently affiliated with any company, such as a solution provider, an MSP, or a product company that sells this product. I'm now more interested in DevOps.

I haven't been in touch with MDM technology in about six to eight months. We were gold-certified partners with VMware, as well as Microsoft.

I was a partner selling services and developing solutions for their customers.

I would advise them to first prioritize what they want to achieve. Rather than wandering aimlessly through the market in search of a specific product. First, they must understand or, more likely, articulate their use cases. And then, based on the pricing model, decide whether they want a lot more features so that they can use the services later on, rather than just going with whatever players are available in the market.

Make certain that it is the solution you require.

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE an eight out of ten.

Thiago Lima Soneti Da Silva
    Service Success Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Reseller
    Utilization of many application, useful Kiosk mode, and helpful customer support
    • "The most valuable feature depends on the use case of the clients. However, one feature I like is the Kiosk Mode. In the Kiosk Mode in most cases, the clients only can make available one application developed by the solution and permit the employee or the final client to use only this one application for interaction. This provides a security control layer limiting only one application functionally."
    • "There are other solutions that might be better for certain use cases. This is not an all-purpose solution."

What is our primary use case?

The solution has VMware Horizon embedded which allows the utilization of many types of applications. We inform our clients how they can use this tool to convert applications and move them inside any type of device, such as tablets and smartphones.

There is a lot to learn in the process, you need to create a new policy to include mobility and security. The security policy is important when it comes to mobility. You have VMware Workspace ONE with Horizon, to bring the older type of devices, such as bring your own device (BYOD), all consolidated in the same console.

You can make many types of applications available, not only applications developed for mobility or smartphone but any older types of applications can be brought together. We showcase all these features to our clients for them to have an understanding of what can be created by this type of system. Because of the pandemic, the mobility market here in Brazil will soon grow and there is a need for innovating, the purchases of this solution have grown a lot in the last year.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature depends on the use case of the clients. However, one feature I like is the Kiosk Mode. In the Kiosk Mode in most cases, the clients only can make available one application developed by the solution and permit the employee or the final client to use only this one application for interaction. This provides a security control layer limiting only one application functionally.

What needs improvement?

There are other solutions that might be better for certain use cases. This is not an all-purpose solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately six years.

The solution is stable.

VMware provides the use of the cloud which allows the client the ability to create more research inside this environment and can expand quite well.

If the client has an on-premise solution or has an older environment there can be some challenges. I need to understand if more storage, virtual machines, or other types of additions is need to be made to create a higher availability. It is important for the client to share with me the limitations of their operation to allow me to figure out a proper solution to get around their limitations.

The technical support is very good. The agent was always helpful and responsive.

I have previously used MobileIron and Intune and along with this solution, are the top three. Depending on the use case, one might be better than the other and the main difference is the cost.

The installation and configuring of the solution are easy for a beginner. We help clients with some parts of the environment if needed but mostly the solution is straightforward to understand.

In a standard version, one week is enough to start using the solution, configuring the GUI, and getting through any obstacles that might be encountered. At this point, there can be discussions about the cost. The disadvantage of the older type of license is I need more time to understand the whole installation environment and processes. For example, whether I need to do some integrations or not.

We do the implementation of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Apple and Google need to improve the APIs internally to permit VMware access to updates and use this to create granular security policies inside devices, such as smartphones and tablets. A lot of the time we have to use an older approach because Google and Apple do not release these APIs to VMware. However, they release the same APIs for their own solutions, for example, Apple uses their own configuration.

I rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten.

Technical Specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Stable and scales well but needs better training
    • "We've found the solution to be easy to use."
    • "Technical support needs to be more responsive to our requests."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily used for mobility services. The solution has been mainly used for multiple platforms, including Android, Linux-based services, Windows, and MacBooks. If you want to access your organization data from anywhere, from any device, you do it via this solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

The solution scales well.

We've found the solution to be easy to use. Compared to other products, this is much better for MBM products.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer better training. We need to understand items such as third-party integration capabilities or new features before we start to work on a new implementation. Sometimes, this isn't clear and it can affect our work. The training that is available is quite expensive for us. They need to make it much more reasonable so that we can afford to be properly trained and informed.

Technical support needs to be more responsive to our requests. If something happens on a weekend, we won't get any help until at least the next business day.

I've been using the solution for the past two years at this point.

The product is very stable. We don't experience bugs or glitches per se. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. If a company wants to expand it, they can. It's not difficult.

Currently in my organization, we are using the solution for 300 people. However, I have done installations for approximately five to six clients. In the last one and a half years I have done installations for different types of devices and have handled anywhere from 5,000 devices, and users all the way up to 10,000 users. In the latest deployment I'm working on has 30,000 users.

Technical support is pretty good. That said, if something happens on a weekend, we won't be able to get the support we need. It also sometimes takes a while to get everything resolved. We might have to email back and forth two or three times. It really should be faster.

I also have experience with Jamf Pro, however, that solution is specifically used for Apple products.

The initial setup can be straightforward, however, it depends on the installation requirements and the clients' requirements. It depends on if they want the DR setup or a DC or SA set up, and/or clustering. If the requirements increase, the time it takes will increase as well. If the prerequisite has been done clearly previous to the starting of the installation, then it will take much less time.

I implement the solution on behalf of clients.

I don't handle licensing or billing. Therefore, I'm not sure what the total cost is to our organization. I don't know if it's overly expensive or fairly reasonable. I'm purely a technical team member.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of the solution.

I'm not a client. I'm an architect of Workspace ONE. I implement the solution for clients, so I don't use it directly per se. I implement all deployment models, both cloud and on-premises.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies.

Overall, I've been pretty satisfied with the solution. I would rate it at a seven out of ten. It has all of the features I need. We just need to be better informed when there are new features or changes.

Head Of Information Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good policy-driven control and visibility, straightforward to set up, and the support is helpful
    • "The most valuable feature is policy-driven control of the devices."
    • "When it comes to deployment and maintaining security, there should be an integrated console where you have a singular view of all of the products from the same OEM."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product for BYOD and mobility management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is policy-driven control of the devices.

The visibility of these devices is very good.

It integrated well with my existing data classification tool.

What needs improvement?

VMware should develop an integrated platform for their security products to give a singular integrated and holistic view of the devices covered by different security products whether Workspace One or Carbon Black. Should also look at having a common end point agent to be deployed as an added advantage to customers who own both the products Workspace One as well as the recently acquired EDR - Carbon Black.

Also, VMware should have a special support package for on premise setups so that the same value is realised by customers similar to cloud based deployment.

We have been using this product for about one year.

We have not had problems with stability beyond the sorts of issues that you have with new products. Normally, it requires a bit of help from the support team.

Easy scalable.

The technical support from VMware is pretty good. I have not seen any tickets open for more than four days.

No. Workspace One is our first solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. For us, it was more about how we were deploying it and what resources were needed. Our deployment took place over a period of three months.

I would suggest accessing support from VMware when you begin the implementation.

We have a team that is a combination of in-house and outsourced people. Importantly, once this product is deployed and working well, you don't require much maintenance. One or two people for administration is sufficient.

Too soon to comment but would be interesting to see the invested cost break even next year.

Decent pricing. Device based licensing is the best approach.

When we were evaluating enterprise mobility management solutions, it was between VMware, Blackberry, Maas360, MobileIron.

What other advice do I have?

Workspace One is a product that I strongly recommend. They are the leader in the category and it's a wonderful product. My advice for anybody who is implementing it is to focus on what they need to achieve in the organization and build a strategy for that. This is what the relationship with the product should be based on.

My approach was to integrate my existing solution with the new one that was under procurement, and it was a good fit that met my requirements. I would suggest this strategy for any new product that is being on-boarded.

For somebody using the cloud version, with reduced maintenance, I think that this would be a ten out of ten product. In my case, however, as my team is not the expert in maintaining this product and are in learning phase, I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

PrasadMane
    System Advisor IT at CRIF High Mark
    User-friendly interface, stable, and easy to configure
    • "The performance is good, and it is easy to configure."
    • "I would like to see improvements made to both the support, and the pricing."

What is our primary use case?

We use VMware Workspace ONE for desktop virtualization.

What is most valuable?

When compared to competitors, VMware Workspace ONE is quite good.

As we are driving this business for the credit bureau, all of the benefits and features are available, as well as a few regulatory terms from the RBA. We have to abide by the rules and the regulatory terms. The MDM solution satisfies all of the requirements.

The performance is good, and it is easy to configure.

The user interface is very friendly.

What needs improvement?

Our central authentication mechanism is not integrated with this solution, which we deployed three years ago. So far, our goal is to integrate it with our two directory servers, but we've run into a few challenges. We are not able to connect with support to help us resolve this integration issue.

I would like to see improvements made to both the support, and the pricing.

We have been using VMware Workspace ONE for three years.

VMware Workspace ONE is a stable solution.

This system may be scaled up with further licensing, which is beneficial to the company.

It has scalable capabilities.

In our organization, I believe we have 100 users.

Technical support is an area that needs improvement.

I'm having difficulties with VMware support, with AirWatch, Workspace ONE. We would like to integrate it with our central authentication system, but there are some issues. We have been trying to connect with the technical support team to help us resolve this issue.

We are using AirWatch, which is an MDM solution, and we are also using SaltStack, for automation.

VMware recently acquired SaltStack. According to my knowledge, the merger with SaltStack occurred this year.

After you've deployed the solution for your company, there are only a few things left to accomplish, such as adding or configuring new users. If someone leaves the organization, you have to remove them, which does not require further administrative effort.

I believe it takes around 10 to 15 minutes to configure a new user.

A technical team of only two to three people is sufficient, especially considering they have 24/7 assistance.

The installation can easily be done yourself, it's easy.

Anyone can follow the instructions or watch the video and do it themselves.

It's a costly solution.

While it is not inexpensive in terms of price, it is definitely worth it. In terms of pricing and the functionality we get with the MDM, I believe it is more than adequate.

We have a three-year subscription.

What other advice do I have?

With the many solutions available such as IBM MaaS360 and Microsoft Intune, you have to consider the business requirements, the software you will be using, and the strength of the security it provides.

This solution is very secure, and I would definitely recommend it to others.

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten because the support is lacking.

Jijo_Joseph
    Managing Partner at Digitaiken
    Streamlines employee management and supports many different operating systems
    • "The feature with the highest rating for me is its employee management. I can also praise how versatile it is in terms of operating systems. It has good support for multiple operating systems and can easily manage them all. Not just that, but it can also support any kind of tool that can be run on all these operating systems."
    • "From an identity perspective, there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to integration with other solutions. I would say it needs more capabilities in terms of direct integrations, including cloud identity solution integrations."

What is our primary use case?

I have used VMware Workspace ONE to manage and support the applications and operating systems (including Windows) used by staff in environments with all different kinds of requirements.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

From an identity perspective, there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to integration with other solutions. I would say it needs more capabilities in terms of direct integrations, including cloud identity solution integrations.

Other areas of improvement are the synchronization functionality, as well as group management. I believe these areas could do with some polish. But beyond that, I wouldn't say anything else needs to be revamped.

I have been using VMware Workspace ONE for almost three years now.

It's a stable product, but regarding their capability in terms of pushing out patches and all that, they do seem to hit a ceiling sometimes. They need to increase their capability a little more in this area.

For example, it lags sometimes when sharing content, pushing updates, and so on. These areas have been a bit inconsistent when we had the initial setup and it's improved slightly since then, but it's not quite there yet.

I have found that it's always been scalable enough for our purposes.

The customer service is very good. They have supported everything from their out-of-the-box solution and even more than that. They extended their support to other regions when we started using them. And for some of the areas that they already serve, they came out on-site to help support us.

It's pretty straightforward. For the initial setup, it took around four days because we had requirements that prevented us from using it immediately as an out-of-the-box solution. That is, our setup had to adhere to certain scenarios which took some time to configure properly. To deploy the entire customized solution, I'd say it took around two to three weeks in total.

We implemented a customized solution that was based around specific scenarios and we were able to get their support team out on-site to help us.

What other advice do I have?

I can surely recommend VMware Workspace ONE to others.

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten.

Download our free VMware Workspace ONE Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.