IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Samuel Kamau - PeerSpot reviewer
Co-Founder at Beta Edge Technology Limited
Easily pick out process bottlenecks, inefficiencies and areas that can be automated.
  • "Transformational processes are well managed, including exceptions, so that adds to the stability. Also, you can scale out from one bot to tens of thousands, so automation is quite easy with UiPath."
  • "It would also be great to have UiPath Insights included in the free Orchestrator. The Insights module is currently only available for paid licenses. It would be great for developers to have it included in the free version, because then we could try it out."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary UiPath use case is reconciling data and getting data from the web and writing to either Excel or our system. The automations are very reliable.

What is most valuable?

Task Capture is quite a helpful feature because it is easy to design a process flow with it. All you have to do is just capture it and then do the manual process. It then gives you the process flow and the process definition document, PDD, so it saves you a lot of time.

What needs improvement?

The database connectors I found are not fully free and expire after 30 days. That is something I would like looked at for MongoDB specifically. With regards to this, I was working on a project that needed a robot to read data from a MongoDB database. To achieve this, I used the CDATA ODBC driver because I couldn't find a direct Activity to achieve this from Studio. See the link to the CDATA ODBC driver for UiPath here https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/...

It would also be great to have UiPath Insights included in the free Orchestrator. The Insights module is currently only available for paid licenses. It would be great for developers to have it included in the free version because then we could try it out.

I have been using UiPath since May 2018, and have recently worked with UiPath Process Mining. I am currently not very actively using this tool because the projects I'm on at the moment are using Power Automate. However, I do look at it once in a while.

UiPath is quite stable. I have not seen any inconsistencies come up because even exception handling is well set up in case of bad themes. Transformational processes are well managed, including exceptions, so that adds to the stability. Also, you can scale out from one bot to tens of thousands, so automation is quite easy with UiPath.

Very scalable

The initial UiPath setup is straightforward. You just go on the cloud, create an account, and you get the Orchestrator right away. From there, you can download the Studio. So once you build the automation, you just publish it from the Studio and you can run it. It's a very seamless process.

There is no need to hire an external team. You can do everything yourself. Also, the forum is quite busy and active. You can get a lot of helpful material there.

I cannot give actual figures, but I have seen a return on investment especially in processing invoices. It used to take us a week to read certain invoices into Excel but now it takes us only a day. So we are saving five Mondays in a week and 30 or 40 a month.

From what I hear, UiPath's licensing costs are a bit high, but I can't evaluate that information because I haven't actually experienced the cost. We are using a free version at the moment. A good thing about the Community Edition is that they allow you to deploy even as a company as long as revenues are below $5 million I think.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend automating the small processes in the Community Edition. This is the best way to evaluate how scaling would go within your organization.

It is also important to fully understand what you want to automate. I also recommend trying the Process Mining feature to make sure you are able to pick up areas of automation within the organization's processes before committing to paying for automation.

Other
Priya Zaveri - PeerSpot reviewer
Automation Tech Resource Lead at Kelly Services, Inc.
Solution helped us scale faster, evolve as an organization
  • "UiPath has enabled us as an organization to perform an array of tasks with more proficiency and efficiency. Automation is very important to our organization now and UiPath has played an immense role."
  • "The pricing structure is very complicated."

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases have evolved over time. We have use cases for screening and onboarding candidates, feeding new hires into the payroll system, and timekeeping. Right now, we are working on a document understanding use case. It is going to help us read supplier insurance forms.

How has it helped my organization?

UiPath has enabled us as an organization to perform an array of tasks with more proficiency and efficiency. Automation is very important to our organization now and UiPath has played an immense role.

UiPath makes building automations incredibly easy. The platform is very robust and it is scalable. UiPath also has a strong community, which has helped democratize RPA in a true sense. The community and expertise can be leveraged quickly to meet a common goal.

The UiPath Academy has helped us move forward more efficiently. It is a great source of information and knowledge for both new users and those taking the advanced courses. I see the UiPath Academy evolving in the future.

What is most valuable?

One of the features I've found valuable is UiPath Studio. We have a huge development team of about eight to ten people and they are currently working with it. We also have a citizen developer program that is leveraging StudioX.

Orchestrator is important for us as well.

These features are valuable because they allow different groups of people to complete their tasks. UiPath is a robust platform. It helps us cater to different audiences.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model is sometimes very confusing and could be simplified for customers. That would help us understand, gauge the offer, and work it into our existing infrastructure.

We started using UiPath in 2017. We have had a great journey with it. UiPath has helped us scale faster, especially with RPA implementations. It also helped us evolve through our automation journey.

My impression of the stability is that it's like any other software. We have never had a problem with UiPath and the platform has been stable enough to enable us to scale a lot.

We have been happy with UiPath's scalability so far. I would give it a nine out of 10. We are currently deploying about 95% of our automations through UiPath. We are very into it and plan to expand from there.

Yes, we did use a different solution but I cannot disclose which. However, I can say this much: we decided to switch because of the community UiPath has built. Also, the platform and product are packaged correctly. Everything is laid out well and it seems like UiPath understands what businesses need.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy. UiPath has an incredible team in place. They help us every now and then. It did not take us much time to go through the initial setup and get the solution deployed.

We have realized savings in the millions of dollars overall.

The pricing structure is very complicated. Someone from the organization has to sit down and set aside some time to fully understand it.

Yes, we did evaluate other options but I cannot disclose which.

What other advice do I have?

Start your journey with UiPath. Engage someone from UiPath and have them go through the journey with you.

Hybrid Cloud
UiPath
April 2022
Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2022.
595,546 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nilesh Pawar - PeerSpot reviewer
Director - Cloud Architecture at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Top 5Quality
Prevents human error, increases data accuracy, standardization, and quality of data for the shipping processes
  • "Attended Bots have been star cases as it totally removes dependencies of user literacy to know the application."
  • "UiPath should focus more on recommendations of process automation based on ERP Applications like Oracle, SAP etc. They should also provide a list of possible RPA cases as per departments, processes and based on various industry domains."

What is our primary use case?

RPA - Novigo Automation Framework Solutions - Setup an Automation Factory Model.

Automation Focus has been Productivity, Quality, Cost, Process Optimization, and compliance.

Focused on delivering Process Automation for Oracle EBS ERP application for various departments including IT, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Sales .etc

1. Manufacturing: Master data maintenance & monitoring Inventory transactions, BOM error fix & transfer, WIP issue & complacent
  2. Finance: Financial closing, IC transaction, security & FA master & transactions, Master data, duplicate check, auto-CM creation & auto-payment, Customer Master, running letter, print errors & auto-receipts
  3. Supply Chain: Sales order Integration with the portal, shipment, RMA, digital shipping & backorder, item cost update & inventory interface, procurement, receiving & monitoring
  4. System Admin: Access provisioning, - Creating responsibility, Monitoring pending transaction & analyzer.

How has it helped my organization?

RPA Automation has accelerated heavily within the organization.

It started with task automation and ended up with process automation.

• Increased Operational excellence - With multiple FTE savings every month.
  • Lowered operational cost with a minimum saving of 780+ Man hours every month.
  • Overall $1 million annual savings through improved process efficiency.
  • Increased Shipping Order execution velocity by 2x times -At least 10,000 orders in every 4 days.
  • Amplified shipping process efficiency and employee productivity by 100% - with one click execution.
  • ABCDi (AnyBody Can Do it) technique enables Zero dependencies on SME requirement to perform the task and Zero dollars spend on training the Shipping operators.
  • Prevents human error, increases data accuracy, standardization, and quality of data for the shipping process.
  • Excellent ROI with investment cost recovered in 1.25 months timeline and an Annualized ROI for 5 years is 68.50%
  • Built from LTI Novigo Automation Framework, it provides the agility and speed required to customize and deploy the solution quickly.

What is most valuable?

• Attended Bots have been star cases as it totally removes dependencies of user literacy to know the application.
  • With Novigo Automation Framework, the implementation lifecycle is accelerated by about 25%-to-32%, while drastically reducing the implementation services cost. Identification of possible use cases along with efforts required, time involved, and cost savings can be easily envisioned by using NAF.

What needs improvement?

• RPA AI capabilities - UiPath is leading in this area.
    • UiPath should focus more on recommendations of process automation based on ERP Applications like Oracle, SAP etc. They should also provide a list of possible RPA cases as per departments, processes and based on various industry domains.
    • More on RPA Governance features to be provided out of the box.
    • RPA Capabilities with IVR Channels to address voice commands will be a game changer for Customer call center cases.

We have been using UiPath for two years.

Excellent in stability.

Easily scalable in a few minutes.

UiPath Cloud Orchestrator setup is pretty must straightforward, we manage to do a complete setup in a matter of a few hours time.

We deployed it in-house - SI - LTI.

>30% ROI  - we recovery of overall investments recovered in seven months' time.

UiPath is very cost-effective.

Yes, we have evaluated all top RPA products like Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Director, Data & Analytics, Intelligent Automation, ASSA ABLOY Americas at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    Straightforward setup; saves hours
    • "We are seeing many hours saved with respect to automation. Automation should be on every project's agenda."
    • "One way to improve the UiPath Academy, I think, would be to add some real life use cases and take the students through the automation process. These would be good for citizen developers to start with."

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple accounts sellable, accounts payable, corporate finance, and supply chain use cases. We have started some use cases at the factory floor automation as well.

How has it helped my organization?

There are so many benefits to using UiPath, but getting the buy-in is very important from the end users. We are seeing many hours saved with respect to automation. Automation should be on every project's agenda.

What is most valuable?

Scaling at pace with regards to the industry has been the most valuable UiPath feature for us. I would also add that there are so many features in RPA.

What needs improvement?

We are leveraging the UiPath Academy for our citizen developer program. We are asking them to train at their own pace. The courses are straightforward.

The adoption rate for this program is low, however. Out of the 150 citizen developers that started, only 10 decided to continue the process.

One way to improve the UiPath Academy, I think, would be to add some real-life use cases and take the students through the automation process. These would be good for citizen developers to start with.

We started our UiPath journey early last year. It has been a year and six months.

UiPath is stable. The automations we have in place right now are stable.

Over the past two years, I've reached out to them maybe twice.

The initial setup was straightforward. When we started this automation journey, instead of going with complex use cases, we picked three simple ones. We started with the accounts receivable processes.

Deployment took us six weeks.

As of now, we have automated 160 processes using UiPath and saved many hours. We have saved around 60,000 hours. Although we are not directly reducing costs, we are avoiding the cost of hiring new people.

The solution is very expensive. It's getting harder for me to convince my management about licensing costs.

Yes, we considered Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere. We created an automation using both of these and UiPath and ultimately decided on the latter. UiPath is more compatible with the other applications we were already using. Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is our ERP and they partner with UiPath, so that was a major plus for us. Also, UiPath has very straightforward coding courses.

What other advice do I have?

It is usually not easy to build a complex automation. The whole process takes about four to six weeks for a complex automation. Most of the time is spent on gathering the requirements. The development itself does not take much time.

Stratos Binos - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Robotic Process Automation Consultant at Deloitte Greece
    Quick building, highly stable, and offers free training
    • "The most valuable feature of UiPath is if you set a form and there's an interaction with the user, it's easy and fast to build than the other RPA tools. Additionally, it is simple to use the connectors."
    • "In UiPath they should improve the input and outputs of processes. I found it very complicated."

What is our primary use case?

We are using UiPath for automation processes in an insurance company in the finance department.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of UiPath is if you set a form and there's an interaction with the user, it's easy and fast to build than the other RPA tools. Additionally, it is simple to use the connectors.

What needs improvement?

In UiPath they should improve the input and outputs of processes. I found it very complicated.

In a future release of UiPath, they could improve the OCR engine to make it better. All the RPA tools use some OCR engine, while UiPath's is the best but it is hard to configure and set up for your projects.

I have been using UiPath for approximately six months.

The stability of UiPath is highly stable.

We have approximately four people using this solution in my organization.

I have not used the support from UiPath.

We previously used Blue Prism.

UiPath gives a return on investment, it does what it is supposed to do.

UiPath is an expensive solution but it is worth the money. You have a lot of features.

The licenses need to be improved because when you have to use UiPath on another system, you have to set up the processes manually, and you are not able to change the process the time if you configure a process running at the system. You have to stop it and then run to the other system. It's not too easy to configure it according to the system. If you have a large deployment, for example, 10 to 20 bots, it's hard to configure.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath has a lot of free training and a lot of free processes ready to go. You have to see the best practices in order to receive the best way of development. It is important to see the best practices guide.

I rate UiPath a nine out of ten.

UiPath is great because it's highly stable, it's fast to develop, and easy to configure. However, there are some improvements to be made.

Microsoft Azure
    RPA Developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Employees can see information very quickly, reducing a lot of complications
    • "I like the document understanding feature. It gives us more accuracy."

What is our primary use case?

We are using attended automation. I help drive a lot of products in UiPath. Now, we are using their data process mining and document understanding features. We are creating forms, then putting data on the forms, so our attended bots will work.

How has it helped my organization?

We use UiPath to resolve customer complaints by creating buttons that link to back-end integrations.

Employees can see information very quickly, reducing a lot of complications.

Uipth gives us as good speed and accuracy to improve all the bot la performance.

What is most valuable?

I like the document understanding feature. It gives us more accuracy.

The AI and machine learning features are very useful for us.

UI Targets enabled us to quickly build automations within multiple applications, even without the right connectors. For example, we can drag and drop Outlook activities.

We use UiPath selector technology is a wonderful feature, especially compared to other RPA tools.

From mobile applications, we use Orchestrator where we can monitor processes and share them.

What needs improvement?

Need more AI and Machine learning build technology and integration of 3rd party applications. Need some improvements in orchestrator

We have been using it for around two years.

5,000 people are using UiPath.

Any queries that we have, we can go onto their forums. If there are issues, we can contact their support and they will resolve them.

We have used Automation Anywhere, which is complex to understand.

The initial deployment was not complex.

I will rate the level of expertise is 9(out of ten)

The attended automation has saved us time.

The pricing is average; it is not too high nor too low.

Its speed is better than other RPA solutions. They release more updates, details, and features compared to their competitors.

What other advice do I have?

We can learn from UiPath Academy.

I would rate the solution as a nine (out of 10).

Other
      ShyamSridhar - PeerSpot reviewer
      Associate Director at Techwave.
      Automation platform that offers good ROI but could be improved with enhanced OCR functionality
      • "The return on investment is really good"
      • "The OCR functionality for this solution could be improved. It should have a better capability to read unstructured documents. The next generation of OCR is ICR and UiPath does not have this. This would enable us to read and search through documents."

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with UiPath and Automation Anywhere. We use this solution for IT services and for the education sector.

How has it helped my organization?

OCR Tesseract, by default, is the good OCR search engine to extract data from a digital PDF. For any Unstructured document with a normal noise, background letters, either UiPath Document Understanding or AbbyyReader fails to extract the exact values. Very difficult to depend on Computer Vision too as a third party tool for small to mid-range business purpose. Hence, a combination of AI/ML with a good OCR Engine is required for UiPath to go forward.

What is most valuable?

UiPath Orchestrator is definitely a plus point in the product. This helps in all formats of UiPath version ranging from PoC till Product Deployment.

What needs improvement?

The OCR functionality for this solution could be improved. It should have a better capability to read unstructured documents. The next generation of OCR is ICR and UiPath does not have this. This would enable us to read and search through documents.

We have used this solution for two years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

The technical support is not that satisfactory. We have to find the answers by ourselves through non-community groups.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward and the deployment was easy.

It was implemented in-house.

The return on investment is really good. I would rate it a three out of five.

We're an official partner of both AA and UiPath and both of them carry the same weight with a very marginal difference but there is a difference in cost. Currently our clients are looking for cost optimization post-pandemic and UiPath comes at a high price point.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Private Cloud

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Customer/Partner/Reseller
      RPA Developer Manager at First Horizon Bank
      Added the ability to do jobs without having to worry about error handling
      • "The Academy courses are good. That's usually what I start new developers with; to do those and then kind of have them go and try to do courses periodically to kind of stay up to date and especially when a new release is coming out. The hands-on training is the most valuable part of it."
      • "We could use a little more interaction with users, like with UiPath, the vendor, and support."

What is our primary use case?

We do product downloads, accounts, updates, maintenance, a lot of operation stuff, reading emails, responding, organizing stuff to send, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It's definitely added some efficiencies. It's added the ability to do jobs without having to worry about error handling and process tasks on a daily basis without having somebody having to be responsible for it.

We see UiPath as a money-saving solution. It also saves us man-hours and human error. It affected our ability to automate processes that are more complex.

The Academy courses are good. That's usually what I start new developers with; to do those and then have them try to do courses periodically to stay up to date and especially when a new release is coming out. The hands-on training is the most valuable part of it.

What is most valuable?

We use the solution's error functionality.

What needs improvement?

There's a little bit of a learning curve to build automations, especially in the citizen developer world. Usually, the technical people are busy a lot of times, so it's hard to get them trained. But as far as developers, they usually come along pretty well, from my experience.

I have been using UiPath for two and a half years.

We had a vendor that kind of offered to do a few, like bring you the UiPath and do some automations for us. We dipped our toes into that and liked what UiPath has, so we kept them.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate UiPath an eight out of ten.

Download our free UiPath Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.