IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Snow Device Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Snow Device Manager is #14 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give Snow Device Manager an average rating of 10 out of 10. Snow Device Manager is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: Snow Device Manager vs Microsoft Intune. Snow Device Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Snow Device Manager?

Snow Device Manager is a complete Enterprise Mobility Management solution that handles the full lifecycle of smartphones and tablets. It extends the high levels of control and oversight already applied to desktops, datacenters and cloud computing to mobile devices. It is a platform for managing software and apps across all platforms and locations, and it implements smarter processes for service desks, enables information sharing between users on the move as well as configures devices and raises the bar on productivity.

Snow Device Manager Customers
Karolinska Institutet, Thames Valley Police, Thrifty, ao.com, SJ (Swedish Railroad)
Snow Device Manager Video

Snow Device Manager Reviews

Thiago Aquino - PeerSpot reviewer
Pricing Specialist at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Useful inventory tool, scalable, and initial installation straightforward
  • "The inventory tool is the most valuable. We have some clients that would only do the entitlements section and search for contracts using Excel sheets. The inventory tool is a lot easier for the managing of licenses, installations, and devices on the tools is a huge benefit."
  • "There are some licensing models that could be able to be managed in Snow Device Manager that are not, such as token-based models. This would be a benefit since the growth of blockchains."

What is our primary use case?

We use Snow Device Manager for projects we are involved in. The solution manages the full lifecycle of smartphones and tablets.

What is most valuable?

The inventory tool is the most valuable. We have some clients that would only do the entitlements section and search for contracts using Excel sheets. The inventory tool is a lot easier for the managing of licenses, installations, and devices on the tools is a huge benefit.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Snow Device Manager for approximately three years.
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Snow Software, Microsoft, VMware and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: June 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution has been stable.

The solution is scalable. We have five different sites on different continents and it has been working fine. The only problem we have been facing is connectivity with the server sometimes but this is not the fault of the solution.

The technical support is very good.

I have previously used Flexor and ServiceNow. When comparing all three, Snow Device Manager is the best for us. However, when determining which is better it can depend on the use case

The initial setup is straightforward. It is a lot better than the other solutions I have used. For example, when I was using Flexor lots of the operations would have to be done manually, such as terminating licenses. It would give us a lot of work, and with Snow Device Manager it is done almost automatically.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those getting started with Snow Device Manager would be to set up the support starting with the full package because most people normally only get the inventory section. It can be complicated in the beginning when you first start with the solution, we did not have support and it would have been a benefit to have. There are different license models and we could not find a lot of information about them. They have a decent library and we can find data on the different topics such as some types of license models. However, you have to be a paid member to have access. I rate Snow Device Manager a ten out of ten.
Download our free Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Snow Software, Microsoft, VMware, and more!
Updated: June 2022