We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence is #3 ranked solution in top Process Mining tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Signavio Process Intelligence an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Signavio Process Intelligence is most commonly compared to Celonis: SAP Signavio Process Intelligence vs Celonis. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is SAP Signavio Process Intelligence?

Signavio Process Intelligence enables business users worldwide to run in-depth process analyses. ... Identify the root causes of poorly performing processes by detecting and visualizing compliance violations, monitor your process performance and act on critical cases and performance bottlenecks.

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Customers
NBN, T-System, Transurban, Audi BKK, Taifun, Met Office, Esquel Group, Sivantos, Consensus, Sirona
SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Video

Archived SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Reviews (more than two years old)

AndreasChorosis
VP of Finance Innovation at Delivery Hero
Has good connection and integration between all of its capabilities and offers real-time data-based insights
  • "The product's best feature is the connection and integration between all of the capabilities."
  • "The challenge for a solution that utilizes modeling notations, is that the look and feel of the models (e.g. in BPMN) is pre-defined."

What is our primary use case?

We use the whole Signavio Business Transformation Suite. That means Process
Manager including the simulation function and DMN (Decision Model and Notation),
Collaboration Hub, Process Intelligence, Workflow Accelerator – basically we use
everything.

What is most valuable?

The product's best feature is the connection and integration between all of the
capabilities. I would say it has several very strong features like the Process Editor,
the Collaboration Hub, and Process Intelligence.

What needs improvement?

of the models (e.g. in BPMN) is pre-defined. To lead a successful Process
Management initiative, I need the solution to look and feel great. I like the new
feature of Navigation Maps a lot. But Signavio should take this approach further, to
allow me to easily create an environment for our people that they want to use on a
daily basis.

The product is very stable. We are pushing with our customer success manager for
continuous improvements of the solution.

Currently, we don't see any issues with the potential for scalability.

We have a strategic partnership — not only technical support or consulting product
support. That means that every time we put in a request for support there is a higher
prioritization for our issue. We are a fast-growing company, so we cannot wait for a
couple of months to fix an issue that is critical to our operations. If we call and ask for
support, we normally get this support as soon as possible.

The initial setup was very easy and straightforward as it is a browser-based system
utilizing the cloud. The main challenge about the system setup was deciding on how
to utilize the available Signavio features as it represents the core software in our
Business Process Management. We defined this with a little help from external BPM
experts and Signavio consulting.

I used to work with Signavio before, so I knew the approach. With the help of
Signavio consulting, we were able to ramp up our own capabilities rapidly.

We have 300,000 restaurants on our platforms across 40 countries. If we are able to
improve our process execution by one minute in each restaurant, this has a huge
impact on the business. We have definitely seen a tangible ROI from using Signavio.
Visualizing a process has a huge benefit for compliance purposes but for us, the main
business improvements result from the combination of process mining and process
simulation where we can calculate the impact of planned changes.

I was involved in the decision to bring Signavio on as our solution. There are many
vendors, but for me, the key deciding point was that there is a whole integrated suite.
My experience with Signavio support was always amazing and I like the vision they
have. It helps as well that it is a startup and a fast-growing company that is very
product and customer-driven. In this environment, you need a company that really
speaks the language of the customer, and that is what Signavio does.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend using Process Intelligence to mine processes quickly. It has really helped us in how we are approaching our business processes. I think that is one of the key factors for our continued success in the future. We have real-time data-based insights and a view into real-time processes. Without Process Intelligence, the approach of documenting processes normally takes a long time when you have to ask the process participants questions about how they believe the process is working. Besides consuming a lot of time, this approach has the risk that you document a process without really knowing if your documentation is correct.

Besides the process view, with Process Intelligence you have a lot of additional analytical views. For example, you can compare countries, metrics, KBIS (Knowledge-Based Information Systems), you can see directly how long it took from one step to the other. Process Intelligence provides direct insights into how our organization is actually operating.

For example, it provides insights into our sales paths, how we onboard the restaurants, what is our lead time, and our conversion time and rate. We can also see how a system was implemented and where there may be issues with interfaces. For example that master data was not properly implemented. Based on these insights, we see exactly which issues we need to tackle and gain insights about the potential for improvements.

On a scale of one to ten with one being the worst and ten being the best, I would rate the product as an eight. I would never go to ten because I always think there is room for improvement. I would rate differently depending on the modules. The Process Editor is like an eight or nine. Process Intelligence is still a relatively new feature and has room to provide even more value to us. Overall, there is still potential for improvement, and that's what we push Signavio for.

YazizYarahmadi
Business Process Manager at Delivery hero
Easy to use process documentation features but there are some technical issues with the solution
  • "Everything is valuable. If you're looking at the process documentation feature, it's really easy to use. We have official training from Signavio trainers, but sometimes I do the training myself very shortly for our colleagues. In less than one or two hours, they are already able to model the business process themselves. The language is really easy. The user interface is really easy. If you're talking about process simulation, we have customers and clients internally who are using it a lot, because they are from logistics or operations. They have numbers and KPIs behind the process. They know their numbers, so they have to see how they can improve a given business processes with a change in the task sequence or a change in the numbers of KPIs. If you're talking about the process mining, it is integrated into the whole solution."
  • "With the new release, I have some problems. Actually with Signavio, many of the processes are not viewable for unclear reasons. The product itself is reachable most of the time, but some processes are not there. Some pages do not loading at times."

What is our primary use case?

Signavio is more or less used for daily operational excellence inside the central location or entity that we work on. Regarding the other 40 countries that we operate in, we are very focused on new business models, such as dock stores, groceries, and other brand new verticals that we are looking at for new revenue models. We are designing business processes for best practices. In short, we start from an entity, we find out the best practice, and somehow match it to the technical requirements of the other entities in other markets. Then we try to modify it and roll it out.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio enables us to carry out the entire process improvement life cycle in a unified hub. I can talk about one single business process that I've been working on recently. It's cash on the delivery business process regarding our riders, who deliver food or groceries to the customers. These people receive cash when they deliver the product to the customers or clients. Then they have to deposit this cash somewhere because they are not allowed to carry a lot of cash on them. There are different solutions worldwide in every entity for them. In each country, we had to find out a way to make these limits real and so we had to set up different limits, both hard limits, and soft limits. If the rider reaches the hard limit, they have to really find out a way to avoid crossing that limit. We had to design a business process that says they shouldn't carry as much as the number of X euros or dollars in their pocket.

We used this process a lot with the process owners and all of the stakeholders in these brainstorming sessions. We designed a new business process in Signavio. We compared what happened in the previous version with what is happening right now and we showed it on the simulation level. We clearly showed how the KPIs have improved, in terms of the reduction in the number of tasks, the cost to execute the process cycle, and much time it takes and consumes from our resources.

Everyone in our organization is more or less getting what they need from the functionality. We have very clear rules defined and everybody has their own relative products at their hands. So those who are process owners have their own measurements, dashboards, and KPI dashboards so that they can see how the process is doing. Those who are modeling have their own tools, with clear read access and thanks to the navigation maps, they can really easily find their way. The users who just want to see how the process is working and do their job can also find the process really easily. The navigation is improving every day.

I can give you an example of how the process intelligence hub affected the way we approach business transformation. We are working with Salesforce engineering and operations teams, who are the customers of this product. We have designed a very clear set of widgets and dashboards that show how the process is performing. We have a lead conversion time metric, called TAT. That measures how long it takes between different stages of creating a lead, converting a lead, creating opportunities, creating contracts, onboarding, etc. They are working on it because this type of performance measure is not easy to find out as it shows the transition time between phases. From Salesforce reports, you can have some level of insight about what is happening on the process, in terms of how many leads have been created and converted. The lead conversion time, opportunity conversion time, and onboarding cycles is a much easier, wider-reaching product for Salesforce.

Process intelligence is pretty new, so we are at the earliest stage. From the feedback that we are receiving from the course process owner and product users, I can say they're really interested because they have assigned people in their teams to work directly with this product. In the beginning, it was hard to catch their attention, but right now they have hired people who are basically only going to work with this product, so I can say it is going to be interesting.

In terms of identifying a process that was wrong, we ware not yet sure. The case with the Salesforce API was a little bit different. We found out hundreds of variants to one single process that we were thinking about. We are now analyzing this variance to see why it is so high. It might be human error or business process design flaws, but we are working on it. I can say it is on the next step on our roadmap.

In terms of collaborative features, we are getting there. It's really going much better now that it's gaining attention. Since it's only less than 11 months since we have begun rolling it out and the first two or three months was just finding the right people in each department centrally. After that, we started rolling it out to other countries. Now, it's getting better and I believe people are seeing the value of it much more.

What is most valuable?

Everything is valuable. If you're looking at the process documentation feature, it's really easy to use. We have official training from Signavio trainers, but sometimes I do the training myself very shortly for our colleagues. In less than one or two hours, they are already able to model the business process themselves. The language is really easy. The user interface is really easy. If you're talking about process simulation, we have customers and clients internally who are using it a lot, because they are from logistics or operations. They have numbers and KPIs behind the process. They know their numbers, so they have to see how they can improve given business processes with a change in the task sequence or a change in the numbers of KPIs. If you're talking about process mining, it is integrated into the whole solution.

You have the business process in the background that can map your event logs. We first focus on the process and then we go for process mining. It's really great that you can match all of the things inside it. If you are looking at it from the whole customer and client user interface point of view, the new collaboration hub is great because it includes everything: process mining, process simulation, process documentation, and all the GRC controls in one place. Before that, it was not like this. The process simulation was separate. You could not have it as a good collaboration of users. Now, even if you're not using a process model, you're only a user for Collaboration Hub, you can still have everything in one single place. It's much more convenient for everybody.

The product is pretty easy to use. It's pretty easy for me, from an administrative point of view. Even with the new user management interface in the Collaboration Hub, it is much easier to manage users. We have a collaboration with the IT department, where we receive information on who is joining and leaving the company, so we can assign the right accesses for all of the process modelers and we can define user groups much more easily. This allows us to set who can see what. As an administrator, it's really easy and for the users, it is getting much easier with the new release. It's really great.

Regarding the process modeling and process mining, I can see that the integration right now works pretty well. Inside the process model, you can define these indicators or traffic lights, features that are directly connected to an analysis in the process mining in the background. Process mining itself is related to a business process model, which can map events from the process itself, making it much clearer. The analysis is not a vague or unclear thing that you think is happening. You know that it's really related to a business process.

From the automation point of view, we still need to see it. I still don't see the real connection between how automation is connected to the Signavio platform. You are going to show that your new business process design is more or less automated because you have done it offline somewhere. You have removed a lot of tasks that are redundant tasks, not necessary tasks, but if we are talking about Signavio Suite being able to do some type of automation itself, I can only see the workflow in the back, but the workflow is not really the solution for us.

With the new release, I have some problems. Actually, with Signavio, many of the processes are not viewable for unclear reasons. The product itself is reachable most of the time, but some processes are not there. Some pages do not load at times.

I would expect faster answers. We sent a request to them that the minimum duration time that we receive answers should be three to four days. That's a long time.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Signavio within a or seven out of ten because I still believe there is a lot to improve.

Private Cloud